GDT: Canucks vs Coilers. 7:00 PM - HNiC.

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Coilers. 7:00 PM - HNiC.

Post by Topper »

SKYO wrote:Interesting that Hansen played like a beast on the Sedin line!

Which could open up the possibility of putting Burr on the 2nd line and Kass when he comes back on the 3rd, which would put less pressure on the kid and make our 3rd line much more dynamic with skill and size:
:thumbs:
A very wise man suggested the same earlier.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

That glare from Healy after Friedman suggested he was acting like a 14 year old was just hilarious.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

How did I miss that post-game gong-show??? :bang:

Healy's got a burr up his flaps about the Canucks and/or Torts, but Friedmann exposed him big-time - as well he should have. I would like to have seen whatever happened between those two after the cameras cut to commercial.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Anyone seen Royaldude? :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Strangelove wrote:Anyone seen Royaldude? :drink:
tha Troll is either sober or 6 feet asunder! :D
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Canucks no. 1 star - Dubnyk

lol...seriously, actually like the way Torts has this team playing, but lets be real here, the Oilers are a fucking train wreck in their own end not to mention that they have minor league goaltending, the game was somewhat flattering to the Canucks. Teams like the Sharks, the Hawks, the Blues are setting the bar in the west, a waste of time measuring this team against the Oilers. Eberle and Yak are hands down the worst players in the NHL at defense. Justin Schultz a great skater and all but fuck is he bad defensively. Taylor Hall, although a complete numbskull, at least makes an effort in his own zone. Gotta admit, the Oilers could be so much better had they made a few different choices at the draft i.e Galchenyuk and Landeskog instead of RNH and Yak. I thought these guys might have been on the right track. The Nurse pick seemingly seems like their smartest draft pick out of the bunch.

Anyhow, like Torts coaching style but this team's bottom 6 and lack of goal scoring, offensive talent will be our Achilles heel. has been for 3 years, nothing's changed. Come the playoffs, we will have to rely on Luongo to try and win 2-1 hockey games or 1-0 hockey games. Ain't happening.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote:Anyone seen Royaldude? :drink:
lol...I'm here...actually do like the way Torts has them playing, we will see how it holds up, after all, it was the Coilers, so I don't think plannings for the SC parade route should commence. Still same old cast and crew on this team, our goal-scoring will again be exposed as we do not have sufficient secondary offense on this team. Come the playoffs, where scoring is like trying to find a needle in a haystack, it will be pretty much the same result as we have seen the last two playoffs, and I do expect another useless Roy/Pahlsson trade deadline deal from luggage eyes again.

Gillis inability to address the lack top 6 offensive talent or a quality 3rd line and a quality 4th line is as bad as Burke's inability to address the goaltending when he was here in Vancouver.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote: lets be real here, the Oilers are a fucking train wreck in their own end not to mention that they have minor league goaltending
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

... isn't that exactly what we told you when you were predicting them to be a playoff team by now? Image
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Topper wrote:
SKYO wrote:Interesting that Hansen played like a beast on the Sedin line!

Which could open up the possibility of putting Burr on the 2nd line and Kass when he comes back on the 3rd, which would put less pressure on the kid and make our 3rd line much more dynamic with skill and size:
:thumbs:
A very wise man suggested the same earlier.
And they've worked their magic again! :o
Sedins - Hansen!
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Tiger wrote: Same as Sharks game but opposite in play and results..
Really ! ??
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Tiger wrote: Same as Sharks game but opposite in play and results..
Really ! ??
ANALysis