OOTS: 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Postby Rumsfeld » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:36 am

Yeah, Detroit is way too much for the lowly Sabres.

Anyway, let's wait until Kassian stops looking like an AHL'er before we gloat about Hodgson's defensive transgressions in game fucking 1. :lol:

Makes us look stoopid. And kind of petty.

Unless Tant and Topper want to also provide a game-by-game breakdown of how bad Kassian is sucking at the NHL level offensively AND defensively... which of course they never do.

And Hockey Widow's Leafs will probably squeak into the 7-8 spot in the East... Royaldude's Oilers will not. Strangelove's Flyers, who the fuck knows. Lecavalier looked pretty damn good last night.
Registered mammyrammer
User avatar
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1926
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 pm
Location: Torts' doghouse

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Postby Hockey Widow » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:14 am

Eddy Punch Clock wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:First, on the Leafs, good start 2-0 and both games on the back of good goaltending and a solid PK. Up front, so far, Bollund is looking like a good pick up but we all know injuries will define his season. If he can stay relatively healthy he will be a good addition to the team. If their PK comes down to earth they could be in for a long season as they will once again be a heavily penalized team. Still a team making a ton of mistakes and early goaltending has enabled them to go 2-0. Will be interesting to see where they are after the 1/4 mark.


Your old feelings for the Leafs are starting to creep back aren't they?


OMG

I hope not!

They had very strong goaltending in the first two games but defensively they are undisciplined. Up front they have some solid pieces. I think this is a better Toronto team than a lot of people want to credit them for. But their weakness are also very evident and so much depends upon them staying healthy as they have zero depth. Their goalies also have to career years and their PK has to be consistent all year. I just see an improved team but am aware of how fragile they still are.

On the other hand Philly still looks like they will have a long painful season ahead of them.

The test for Toronto will come when they play with the big boys, then we will see. And how about Dianna? He still acts like a bull in a china shop.
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2970
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Postby Topper » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:08 am

Rumsfeld wrote:Yeah, Detroit is way too much for the lowly Sabres.

Anyway, let's wait until Kassian stops looking like an AHL'er before we gloat about Hodgson's defensive transgressions in game fucking 1. :lol:

Makes us look stoopid. And kind of petty.

Not when I have been right about it since the WJC :D

.....and I'm the one who has Zach on the thirdline, not first.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 4270
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Postby Rumsfeld » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:11 am

Topper wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:Yeah, Detroit is way too much for the lowly Sabres.

Anyway, let's wait until Kassian stops looking like an AHL'er before we gloat about Hodgson's defensive transgressions in game fucking 1. :lol:

Makes us look stoopid. And kind of petty.

Not when I have been right about it since the WJC :D

.....and I'm the one who has Zach on the thirdline, not first.


Fair enough, old boy.

I guess I'd be able to take the same delight you two do in Hodgson struggling defensively if he wasn't about ten times better and more valuable to his team than the guy we traded him for.

So far anyway.

Also, you hated the idea of Hodgson on the checking line. Well let's face it, you hated Hodgson EVERYWHERE. :lol: Is Kassian really a better fit on a checking line than Cody was? I know he's not a center but still.

Cody would roof a game-winner with a laser and Topps would complain they gave him time on the PP. LOL.
Registered mammyrammer
User avatar
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1926
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 pm
Location: Torts' doghouse

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Postby Jovocop » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:54 am

Rumsfeld wrote:Fair enough, old boy.

I guess I'd be able to take the same delight you two do in Hodgson struggling defensively if he wasn't about ten times better and more valuable to his team than the guy we traded him for.

So far anyway.

Also, you hated the idea of Hodgson on the checking line. Well let's face it, you hated Hodgson EVERYWHERE. :lol: Is Kassian really a better fit on a checking line than Cody was? I know he's not a center but still.

Cody would roof a game-winner with a laser and Topps would complain they gave him time on the PP. LOL.


When Kassian broke Eager's nose, Kassian has shown that he is a better fit on the checking line than Cody... :mrgreen:
User avatar
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1569
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Postby vic » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:23 pm

2 - 0 PIT over NJ in Cory "the one that got away" Schneider's debut.

2 goals on 9 shots
2 goals in under 3 minutes in the first period.

At least he's not deflating the team, after all he played amazing the pre-season.
User avatar
vic
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:29 pm

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Postby Strangelove » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:15 pm

What an awesome comeback by Washington!

I chose Ovechkin, Backstrom, Grabovski, and Green in a coupla pools.

I figure: Bounce-back season.

We'll see.

I didn't take their goalies though lol, they NEED one...

I don't believe Grabovski was available in the Corner pool.

Wuddup widdat?? :evil:

Strangelove: The Peoples Poster
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 5919
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Postby Cornuck » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:48 am

Ok, so Roy goes berserk after a 6-1 win - I can't wait to see what he does after a loss! :D

Image
Over 40 years of pain - I just want one day of glory.
User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4581
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Chester, NE

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Postby RoyalDude » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:57 pm

Shit, Machine Gun Michael Grabner is slaying it tonight with 2 goals. This could be his 40 goal season!!!
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 3848
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Postby Strangelove » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:50 pm

RoyalDude wrote:Shit, Machine Gun Michael Grabner is slaying it tonight with 2 goals. This could be his 40 goal season!!!


For Gawd's sake Dude, could you at least call him Gatling Gun Grabner!

It sounds SO much better, and it's like WAY too obvious. :roll:

BTW, did it ever occur to you that these kinds of comments might sadden certain long-time Canuck fans?

Think of the children Dude, think of the children.

Strangelove: The Peoples Poster
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 5919
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Postby RoyalDude » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:02 pm

Strangelove wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Shit, Machine Gun Michael Grabner is slaying it tonight with 2 goals. This could be his 40 goal season!!!


For Gawd's sake Dude, could you at least call him Gatling Gun Grabner!

It sounds SO much better, and it's like WAY too obvious. :roll:

BTW, did it ever occur to you that these kinds of comments might sadden certain long-time Canuck fans?

Think of the children Dude, think of the children.


Sadden? It pains me greatly witnessing one bad managerial decision after another with the Players Agent. He needs to be burned at the stake. He's a fucking moron.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 3848
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Postby SKYO » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:08 am

tantalum wrote:Hodgson's Sabres down 2-1 with a few minutes left. CoHo -2 on the night thus far. 41% on faceoffs.


tantalum wrote:Hodgson's line outshot 18-6 5-on-5 last night. One game and all that but Hodgson had zero effort on the defensive side of things last night. He should be embarrassed. Can see his icetime dropping in a hurry if he doesn't start to clean up that part of his game as he will get eaten alive especially on the road. It really is the part of his game that is going to prevent him from achieving what he wants to achieve. Offense is fine, more than fine, but he is almost unplayable on the defensive side of things.


Yeah but that Austrian Rocket - Grabner tho >>>

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/recap?id=2013020016

Image

User avatar
SKYO
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2613
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Postby BurningBeard » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:40 am

Cornuck wrote:Ok, so Roy goes berserk after a 6-1 win - I can't wait to see what he does after a loss! :D

If nothing else, playing a few games with this guy behind the Colorado bench and Torts behind the other is going to be interesting.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
User avatar
BurningBeard
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 622
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Postby Cookie La Rue » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:51 pm

Cornuck wrote:Ok, so Roy goes berserk after a 6-1 win - I can't wait to see what he does after a loss! :D

:lol: Wtf? Said the same today in a conversation.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013
User avatar
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 1757
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:57 pm
Location: 50° 10' North / 8° 34' East

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Postby darren » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:46 pm

Great win for the Leafs in a very entertaining game...early indications are that it's going to be a long year for the Leaf-haters here. :D The Leafs look quite deep at every position, even *without* their marquee free agent signing and Kulemin.

Bernier looks like the real deal and seemingly has the inside track on the starter's job already. Bolland has been spectacular and has pushed Kadri down a line, and Raymond has been a revelation. They're a little sloppy defensively sometimes but with Bernier in net and three potent scoring lines when healthy they should be able to outscore their problems. Winning their division is a realistic possibility.

The Canucks look like they'll be lucky to claw their way to another first round beating, but at least I can enjoy the Toronto-San Jose final! :mrgreen:
User avatar
darren
CC Veteran
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:45 am

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], Hockey Widow, Lancer and 6 guests