Predictions for Canucks 2013-14 Season

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

How will the Canucks do this year?

Poll ended at Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:38 pm

They will be a top seed in the West and challenge for a President's Trophy again
33%
They are a middle of the pack team and will catch one of the bottom playoff spots
51%
They will not make the playoffs, it's really time to rebuild
16%

Total votes: 43

Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Re: Predictions for Canucks 2013-14 Season

Post by Rumsfeld »

Arachnid wrote:I predict some asshole will post something about Cory Schneider after every period...
vic wrote:2 - 0 PIT over NJ in Cory "the one that got away" Schneider's debut.

2 goals on 9 shots
2 goals in under 3 minutes in the first period.

At least he's not deflating the team, after all he played amazing the pre-season.
:sly:

Yeah, any goalie would have stopped that shot by Crosby.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

Rumsfeld wrote:
Soapy wrote: The Canucks played well against a very good team.
LOL, if that's your idea of playing well you have lower expectations than Blob Mackenzie at the Astoria.
Awesome !

rephrase:
Canucks played as well as they could play...against a superior team. SJ is just better.

Tell me more about Blob at the Astoria....
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

You guys have no idea how many Indians I have schooled in arm wrestling at the Astoria. Many, many many free jugs won from the native folk wanting to test out lazer and turbo.

IS it ok that I am on my 4th beer aleady ? Nothing like working around the house, taking empties back, cutting the grass etc and having a beer on your day off. :look: As I said this shift work bullshit is killing me at this point. Turning me into a pisstank with questionable eating habits.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:You guys have no idea how many Indians I have schooled in arm wrestling at the Astoria. Many, many many free jugs won from the native folk wanting to test out lazer and turbo.

IS it ok that I am on my 4th beer aleady ? Nothing like working around the house, taking empties back, cutting the grass etc and having a beer on your day off. :look: As I said this shift work bullshit is killing me at this point. Turning me into a pisstank with questionable eating habits.
Laser and turbo?

:lol:

Four beers before noon huh. That sounds like weekend Rummy shit.

So no it's not OK.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Rumsfeld wrote:I get a kick out of people pointing at the 2011 lineup and talking about how similar it is.

Oh yeah, it's pretty similar except our four best players (Sedins, Kesler, Luongo) are quite clearly significantly worse than they were in 2011. I have some hope for Kesler returning to that form, but the others? No. Edler was also much better in 2011 than he has been since.

We had the one of the best puck-moving PP QBs in the league (Ehrhoff), who is gone.

We had the best shutdown center in the game (Malhotra), also gone.

We had the best wrecking ball in the league (Torres), and Lappy was playing way over his head.

And keep in mind that powerhouse 2011 team really wasn't that great in the playoffs. Our skill and depth almost got us all the way but we were oh-so-nearly humiliated by the Hawks, squeaked by Nashville on the back of Ryan Kesler, had one fantastic series against the Sharks, and then, yeah, the Bruins. :? It was really nothing like the impressive Final runs we've seen in recent years from the Kings, Hawks, Ducks and Wings.

Since then it's been an annual playoff shitkicking. So I kind of chuckle when this year's team gets compared to the '11 team, because it makes way more sense to compare it to last year's team.

Anyway go Canucks. :(
Holy fuck what a post. Anyway, how did I forget to mention that we also had the best damn backup goaltender in the league that year?

Terrible oversight by Rumsfeld the Malevolent.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Strangelove wrote:Yeah well I say he does cancel out a cat turd! :evil:

wait....

Listen Rummy, even the supergenius Mondi can't predict how good Frankie and Zack will be!
:lol:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
BTW what is "Mondi" anyway??

Sounds like a nickname poster Todd would choose for Mickey Redmond. :mrgreen:
& WTF is a "Strangelove"? Definitely sounds gay. :P
Well you would know.... Todd. :hmmm:

Wait, did Todd just ask me if I'm gay and then open his mouth and show me his tongue?? :crazy:
____
Try to focus on someday.
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

LIKE OH MY GOD... The Canucks SUCK! :-|
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ODB wrote:LIKE OH MY GOD... The Canucks SUCK! :-|
It's all a matter of perspective.

For example Gatling Gun Grabner has singlehandedly scored twice as many goals as the entire Canucks team! Image
____
Try to focus on someday.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

I think we will be a playoff team this year but mainly because the Kings are slackers and the Ducks, Oilers and Yotes just aren't that good.

The Sharks will walk away with it, we will finish well back of them but still in a decent spot.

We just aren't the team we once were and it isn't because of age.

It's because our pro scouting is terrible and because our GM seeming became confused after losing to the Bruins in 2011.

To be honest I don't blame him for becoming confused, given how the refs started call things from that series and onward it's hard not to get confused.

Unfortunately it seems now that every move we make ends up being a down grade in terms of talent and the group that was so deep and sound on our cup run, is now totally top heavy and needs to be carried by the top players who we all claim are on the decline.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Potatoe1 wrote: It's because our pro scouting is terrible and because our GM seeming became confused after losing to the Bruins in 2011.

To be honest I don't blame him for becoming confused, given how the refs started call things from that series and onward it's hard not to get confused.

Unfortunately it seems now that every move we make ends up being a down grade in terms of talent and the group that was so deep and sound on our cup run, is now totally top heavy and needs to be carried by the top players who we all claim are on the decline.
Ya think

I could have told you this two seasons ago, well about half way through the season after the final against the Bruins. Saw some bad signs there like the worst PP in the league over the last 30 games, the lowest scoring team over the last half of the season or something like that, but I've been suspicious of the players agent since the day we hired him. Slagging the drafting and developing of the previous management, LOL. Hey Mike, how many drafts have you been in? How many of your draft picks are on the team this year? Oh yeah, thank Dave Nonis for Horvat (Schneider). Fucking useless moron.

Blaming the refs on Gillis constant bad decision after another is just grasping at straws on someone you like, wanna like, but refuse to accept that he just isn't GM material. I think Mike could be a good President but building a team, the on ice produce, drafting and developing etc., he just isn't cut out.

Oh yeah, we will be a playoff team, but this team which is relatively the exact same team with a few new of your standard useless faces rotating in on the bottom 6, will have another lame outing in the playoffs, can't wait for that big tease to fail

Next year, Mikey if he is still around will have no choice but to dismantle and rebuild. I just want see this guy at work instead of relying on the same old tired group he's been riding on since the day he was hired

Oh yeah, trading CoHo for a player in the AHL (Rochester) is real brilliant. I understand it's one headache for another but a good GM might have thought, "having a CoHo as a teaser in a luongo trade might actually be the ticket to striking gold in a RL trade.

I can't wait for the next coming of another useless Pahlsson, Derek Roy trade at the deadline seeing more good draft picks wasted.

All hail to no draft picks from the last 6 drafts in the line-up. Real exciting, I'm just so jacked about Santorelli, Dalpe and Richardson. Real difference makers. Meanwhile, poor Hank and Dank, all the pressure continues to fall on them for offense cause Mikey can't for the life of him actually add a top 6 forward of decent skill set who wasn't minus 31 on his previous team who possesses a brain similar to Homer Simpson's.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote:
ODB wrote:LIKE OH MY GOD... The Canucks SUCK! :-|
It's all a matter of perspective.

For example Gatling Gun Grabner has singlehandedly scored twice as many goals as the entire Canucks team! Image
Sure, but the Sedins have also proven that they are still PPG players... :mex:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

hey pacific blue the team has no fucking players from the horrific drafts of 2006 and 2007 either. There is one marshmellow who is a little light on his feet playing with the Islanders but he is far from a difference maker. Wouldn't it be nice to have a David Perron , a Jamie Benn and a Chris Stewart here.... maybe a Subban who isn't an elf.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Rumsfeld wrote:And keep in mind that powerhouse 2011 team really wasn't that great in the playoffs. Our skill and depth almost got us all the way but we were oh-so-nearly humiliated by the Hawks, squeaked by Nashville on the back of Ryan Kesler, had one fantastic series against the Sharks, and then, yeah, the Bruins. :? It was really nothing like the impressive Final runs we've seen in recent years from the Kings, Hawks, Ducks and Wings.
This is an interesting comment to make, and I can see what you're saying when you're comparing the run to other recent cup runs. However, also interesting, you can make the exact same statement about the 2011 Bruins. Both teams struggled on their way to the finals. Both teams faced massive embarrassment via potential first round eliminations.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Art Vandelay
CC Veteran

Post by Art Vandelay »

RoyalDude wrote:

Next year, Mikey if he is still around will have no choice but to dismantle and rebuild. I just want see this guy at work instead of relying on the same old tired group he's been riding on since the day he was hired
You are all over the map. Tear it down and dismantle the team, but no do it like Doug Wilson and add a couple good youngsters each season. Real consistency in your posts. You must have a shitload of credibility around here.