OOTS: 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Post by Rumsfeld »

Yeah, Detroit is way too much for the lowly Sabres.

Anyway, let's wait until Kassian stops looking like an AHL'er before we gloat about Hodgson's defensive transgressions in game fucking 1. :lol:

Makes us look stoopid. And kind of petty.

Unless Tant and Topper want to also provide a game-by-game breakdown of how bad Kassian is sucking at the NHL level offensively AND defensively... which of course they never do.

And Hockey Widow's leaves will probably squeak into the 7-8 spot in the East... Royaldude's Oilers will not. Strangelove's Flyers, who the fuck knows. Lecavalier looked pretty damn good last night.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Eddy Punch Clock wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:First, on the leaves, good start 2-0 and both games on the back of good goaltending and a solid PK. Up front, so far, Bollund is looking like a good pick up but we all know injuries will define his season. If he can stay relatively healthy he will be a good addition to the team. If their PK comes down to earth they could be in for a long season as they will once again be a heavily penalized team. Still a team making a ton of mistakes and early goaltending has enabled them to go 2-0. Will be interesting to see where they are after the 1/4 mark.
Your old feelings for the leaves are starting to creep back aren't they?
OMG

I hope not!

They had very strong goaltending in the first two games but defensively they are undisciplined. Up front they have some solid pieces. I think this is a better Toronto team than a lot of people want to credit them for. But their weakness are also very evident and so much depends upon them staying healthy as they have zero depth. Their goalies also have to career years and their PK has to be consistent all year. I just see an improved team but am aware of how fragile they still are.

On the other hand Philly still looks like they will have a long painful season ahead of them.

The test for Toronto will come when they play with the big boys, then we will see. And how about Dianna? He still acts like a bull in a china shop.
The only HW the Canucks need
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Rumsfeld wrote:Yeah, Detroit is way too much for the lowly Sabres.

Anyway, let's wait until Kassian stops looking like an AHL'er before we gloat about Hodgson's defensive transgressions in game fucking 1. :lol:

Not when I have been right about it since the WJC :D

.....and I'm the one who has Zach on the thirdline, not first.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Topper wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:Yeah, Detroit is way too much for the lowly Sabres.

Not when I have been right about it since the WJC :D

.....and I'm the one who has Zach on the thirdline, not first.
Fair enough, old boy.

I guess I'd be able to take the same delight you two do in Hodgson struggling defensively if he wasn't about ten times better and more valuable to his team than the guy we traded him for.

So far anyway.

Also, you hated the idea of Hodgson on the checking line. Well let's face it, you hated Hodgson EVERYWHERE. :lol: Is Kassian really a better fit on a checking line than Cody was? I know he's not a center but still.

Cody would roof a game-winner with a laser and Topps would complain they gave him time on the PP. LOL.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Rumsfeld wrote: Fair enough, old boy.

I guess I'd be able to take the same delight you two do in Hodgson struggling defensively if he wasn't about ten times better and more valuable to his team than the guy we traded him for.

So far anyway.

Also, you hated the idea of Hodgson on the checking line. Well let's face it, you hated Hodgson EVERYWHERE. :lol: Is Kassian really a better fit on a checking line than Cody was? I know he's not a center but still.

Cody would roof a game-winner with a laser and Topps would complain they gave him time on the PP. LOL.
When Kassian broke Eager's nose, Kassian has shown that he is a better fit on the checking line than Cody... :mrgreen:
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

2 - 0 PIT over NJ in Cory "the one that got away" Schneider's debut.

2 goals on 9 shots
2 goals in under 3 minutes in the first period.

At least he's not deflating the team, after all he played amazing the pre-season.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

What an awesome comeback by Washington!

I chose Ovechkin, Backstrom, Grabovski, and Green in a coupla pools.

I figure: Bounce-back season.

We'll see.

I didn't take their goalies though lol, they NEED one...

I don't believe Grabovski was available in the Corner pool.

Wuddup widdat?? :evil:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Ok, so Roy goes berserk after a 6-1 win - I can't wait to see what he does after a loss! :D

Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Shit, Machine Gun Michael Grabner is slaying it tonight with 2 goals. This could be his 40 goal season!!!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote: Shit, Machine Gun Michael Grabner is slaying it tonight with 2 goals. This could be his 40 goal season!!!
For Gawd's sake Dude, could you at least call him Gatling Gun Grabner!

It sounds SO much better, and it's like WAY too obvious. :roll:

BTW, did it ever occur to you that these kinds of comments might sadden certain long-time Canuck fans?

Think of the children Dude, think of the children.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: Shit, Machine Gun Michael Grabner is slaying it tonight with 2 goals. This could be his 40 goal season!!!
For Gawd's sake Dude, could you at least call him Gatling Gun Grabner!

It sounds SO much better, and it's like WAY too obvious. :roll:

BTW, did it ever occur to you that these kinds of comments might sadden certain long-time Canuck fans?

Think of the children Dude, think of the children.
Sadden? It pains me greatly witnessing one bad managerial decision after another with the Players Agent. He needs to be burned at the stake. He's a fucking moron.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

tantalum wrote: Hodgson's Sabres down 2-1 with a few minutes left. CoHo -2 on the night thus far. 41% on faceoffs.
tantalum wrote:Hodgson's line outshot 18-6 5-on-5 last night. One game and all that but Hodgson had zero effort on the defensive side of things last night. He should be embarrassed. Can see his icetime dropping in a hurry if he doesn't start to clean up that part of his game as he will get eaten alive especially on the road. It really is the part of his game that is going to prevent him from achieving what he wants to achieve. Offense is fine, more than fine, but he is almost unplayable on the defensive side of things.
Yeah but that Austrian Rocket - Grabner tho >>>

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/recap?id=2013020016

Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Cornuck wrote:Ok, so Roy goes berserk after a 6-1 win - I can't wait to see what he does after a loss! :D
If nothing else, playing a few games with this guy behind the Colorado bench and Torts behind the other is going to be interesting.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Cornuck wrote:Ok, so Roy goes berserk after a 6-1 win - I can't wait to see what he does after a loss! :D
:lol: Wtf? Said the same today in a conversation.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
darren
CC Veteran

Post by darren »

Great win for the leaves in a very entertaining game...early indications are that it's going to be a long year for the Leaf-haters here. :D The leaves look quite deep at every position, even *without* their marquee free agent signing and Kulemin.

Bernier looks like the real deal and seemingly has the inside track on the starter's job already. Bolland has been spectacular and has pushed Kadri down a line, and Raymond has been a revelation. They're a little sloppy defensively sometimes but with Bernier in net and three potent scoring lines when healthy they should be able to outscore their problems. Winning their division is a realistic possibility.

The Canucks look like they'll be lucky to claw their way to another first round beating, but at least I can enjoy the Toronto-San Jose final! :mrgreen: