OOTS: 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

OOTS: 2013-14

Post by Meds »

Toronto won their first game. They are a lock for the playoffs and certainly an early Stanley Cup Finals candidate. The best part.....Mason Raymond scored the winning goal. :lol:

Montreal squandered a 2-1 lead, Price looked bad on Bozak's shorthanded goal.
herb
CC Legend

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Post by herb »

Parros landed chin first on the ice in his second fight of the night against Colton Orr and had to be carried off on a stretcher. It's times like this that fighting between two goons looks pretty pointless. Their two fights weren't even entertaining.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Horrible start to the season, TO wins, Hawks win and the Coilers have a 4-2 lead in the 2nd. :|
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

herb wrote: Parros landed chin first on the ice in his second fight of the night against Colton Orr and had to be carried off on a stretcher.
Funny thing is, almost 3 years ago Parros did exactly the same thing to Orr! :crazy:

Orr ended up out with a concussion for the last half of the 2010-11 season.

So yeah, that's TWO freak accidents involving these two... each leaving one of them concussed.

Having said that, I'm passing around the hat for an Orr suspension.

Someone allegedly told me the NHL allegedly takes bribes allegedly. :mrgreen:

Speaking of alleged corruption

... is it just my imagination or have the Leaves received a 2-man advantage in every Opening Game ever?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds wrote:
Price looked bad on Bozak's shorthanded goal.
wtf? That was a good goal, breakaway, nice shot...wtf???
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote: Mason Raymond scored the winning goal. :lol:
Pretty much everyone here predicted he'd start out strong and then fade amirite? :wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Watching the Oilers/Jets game tonight has brought me to the conclusion that Taylor 'one move' Hall may very well be dumber than David Booth and Steve Bernier combined.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote:Watching the Oilers/Jets game tonight has brought me to the conclusion that Taylor 'one move' Hall may very well be dumber than David Booth and Steve Bernier combined.
Gotta agree that's three extremely dumb players right there.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Watching the Oilers/Jets game tonight has brought me to the conclusion that Taylor 'one move' Hall may very well be dumber than David Booth and Steve Bernier combined.
Gotta agree that's three extremely dumb players right there.
Lol, great assist by Hall on Trouba 's tying goal. What an idiot!
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Chef Boi RD'd cOilers sure do look like another shyte team this year so far...preseason wotwot?!
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Trouba just oozes ability. Fantastic pick by the Jets at #9. I only wish he took off Hall's head instead of just missing.

It's amazing to me that Hall still hasn't learned not to cut to the middle like that with his head down. But as RD pointed out...he is stupid stupid stupid. Wonderful cross ice pass right on the tape of Trouba.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Mëds wrote:Toronto won their first game. They are a lock for the playoffs and certainly an early Stanley Cup Finals candidate. The best part.....Mason Raymond scored the winning goal. :lol:

Yep Mason scored the winning goal....on a play he had completely fucked up but got lucky.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

tantalum wrote:
Mëds wrote:Toronto won their first game. They are a lock for the playoffs and certainly an early Stanley Cup Finals candidate. The best part.....Mason Raymond scored the winning goal. :lol:

Yep Mason scored the winning goal....on a play he had completely fucked up but got lucky.
Yeah, classic Mason Raymond goal.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

SKYO wrote:Horrible start to the season, TO wins, Hawks win and the Coilers have a 4-2 lead in the 2nd. :|
The Jets salvaged opening night for us. 5-4 Final, Oilers blow a 4-2 lead.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Strangelove wrote: Funny thing is, almost 3 years ago Parros did exactly the same thing to Orr! :crazy:

Orr ended up out with a concussion for the last half of the 2010-11 season.

So yeah, that's TWO freak accidents involving these two... each leaving one of them concussed.
Well, when you have 160+ bare knuckle brawls on ice, I guess you're bound to smack your head on the ice at some point.

Frankly, I'm surprised parros didn't break his jaw. He literally landed chin first.