Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media" (or "Idiots" as Torts calls them)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Soapy
MVP
MVP

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by Soapy »

DavidPratt_ wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Who's bright idea was it to hire Bro Jake for the 1040 morning slot. Fuck is he the worse.
HEY! IT'S NOT ALL BAD.... 8-)

DP
Dave....I love you. Good and great .............and bad.
You are not the morning show.... I hear in your voice that you are holding back??
So Bro Jake is the smart guy?/?? let him be the FM guy.,....dummy up on the smarts
Please out smart him
Please be the smart guy...the info guy...
I change the channel...you are talking about fucking beatles music or some stupid shit???
Talk about today...you lead a great life..today...leather pants included...\
On Monday I want to hear Seahawks.....not.....who can talk like a fucking pirate
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Soapy wrote:
DavidPratt_ wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Who's bright idea was it to hire Bro Jake for the 1040 morning slot. Fuck is he the worse.
HEY! IT'S NOT ALL BAD.... 8-)

DP
Dave....I love you. Good and great .............and bad.
You are not the morning show.... I hear in your voice that you are holding back??
So Bro Jake is the smart guy?/?? let him be the FM guy.,....dummy up on the smarts
Please out smart him
I change the channel...you are talking about fucking beatles music or some stupid shit???
On Monday I want to hear Seahawks.....not.....who can talk like a fucking pirate
Amen brother - Jake keeps bringing in music into the mix. Enough, hell I have not even heard about the NFL last week, or the Lions or hell even the Whitecaps much.
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Soapy wrote:Dave....I love you. Good and great .............and bad.
Please out smart him
SOAP....CAN'T SAY MUCH EXCEPT THAT WHEN YOU'RE NOT THE 'HEADLINER' AND INSTEAD THE 'PALLY-WALLY' ON A SHOW, YOU CAN'T FIRE ON ALL CYLINDERS...IT IS WHAT IT IS. WORKING OUT THE KINKS KEEP TUNING IN....IT'S EARLY DAYS...AND JAKE IS A LOT BETTER THAN WORKING FOR A STATION WHERE HALF YOUR AUDIENCE REMEMBERS WORLD WAR 2 AND HAVING TO BUY WAR BONDS.

DP
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Pratt and Bro Jake show is awful. I didn't think anything could be worse than B-Mac and Taylor but this show might be. Pretty sad when Sekeres and Price are the best that outfit has to offer. Thank fuck for 1410, Jim Rome, Dan Patrick , Tom Mayenecht and TDM. The rest of the team is brutal. I can take Rintoul and Moj in extremely small does on a game night.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

DavidPratt_ wrote:
Soapy wrote:Dave....I love you. Good and great .............and bad.
Please out smart him
SOAP....CAN'T SAY MUCH EXCEPT THAT WHEN YOU'RE NOT THE 'HEADLINER' AND INSTEAD THE 'PALLY-WALLY' ON A SHOW, YOU CAN'T FIRE ON ALL CYLINDERS...IT IS WHAT IT IS. WORKING OUT THE KINKS KEEP TUNING IN....IT'S EARLY DAYS...AND JAKE IS A LOT BETTER THAN WORKING FOR A STATION WHERE HALF YOUR AUDIENCE REMEMBERS WORLD WAR 2 AND HAVING TO BUY WAR BONDS.

DP
Don't forget to talk sports here and there... :hmmm:

I tuned in for a bit today and you guys were seemingly trying to avoid the entire topic. Being so close to the NHL season has many hockey fans listening for opinions, news etc but I found myself wondering why you and Jake were going on about Breaking Bad and other crap on TV.

I realize never ending sports talk would get to be pretty boring but you guys are a sports station...
If you need air...call it in
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Rintoul did a far better job in the mornings than these two.
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Larry Goodenough »

Bro Jake is asking people to send him "The Champ" ideas.

He referred to studio as the out of control room.

He and Pratt are cringe worthy at almost all points.

I've been talking to my kids in the car instead of listening.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Larry Goodenough wrote:I've been talking to my kids in the car instead of listening.
Now like that is like the epitome like of like boredom.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Knucklehead
CC Veteran

Post by Knucklehead »

Larry Goodenough wrote:Bro Jake is asking people to send him "The Champ" ideas.

He referred to studio as the out of control room.

He and Pratt are cringe worthy at almost all points.

I've been talking to my kids in the car instead of listening.
Here's an idea for him, Kill off the Champ, that schtick got boring after the second time I heard it.

I change the channel whenever that shit comes on.
Zedlee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Zedlee »

A couple of thoughts on the new Bro show in the morning:

I don't mind Jake...has a decent speaking voice and is pretty mellow.

Pratt is insufferable, as usual. "the new CBA is killing the NHL middle class". LOL Also..."I really believe..." as if it makes his point more valid because he prefaces it with "I really believe".
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Is there a way we can banish that botchford moron from representing Vancouver in any public forum? Can we employ Brian Burke's lawyers for a gag order or something?
That friggin guy along with the rest of those clowns gallon gagger, leatherpants, Dan Russell and sundry red noses are giving the greatest city in Canada a bad rap. Is there no one out there who can carry the torch for guys like Jim Robson....can we get him out of retirement? Is he dead? Perhaps no one would notice if we stood his corpse up in front of a camera?

FfS botch turd, in what universe did you think we wanted a mental picture of Thornton wanking after a four goal night???

Seriously stupid
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Botchford just let the entire NHL fanbase know what we have all known for years. What a fucking idiot . A complete and utter tool . Good luck getting any decent soundbites from anyone you sawed off little troll.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

Dumb move by Botchford but by that same token, can we honestly blame him?

Given that he's a part of the media and given that we're talking about him, one could argue that he succeeded with flying colors by publicising it.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

I can't stand Bothford, but in this case, I have to respect him for reporting it.

How many times have jokes been made about Daniel and Henrik and been reported through the media? Nobody cares and they all get a laugh out of it.

If anyone should be thanking Botchford it is Hertl and the SJ Sharks organization for taking unnecessary negative attention away from a great goal and placing it on a veteran like Joe, who can handle it.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

vic wrote:I can't stand Bothford, but in this case, I have to respect him for reporting it.

How many times have jokes been made about Daniel and Henrik and been reported through the media?
That's a good point.

Mike Milbury flat out called the twins, "Thelma and Louise" a few years ago and the media's from Calgary, Edmonton, and Toronto openly supported those comments.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises