Canucks Training Camp - News & Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Training Camp - News & Notes

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hockey Widow wrote: I think Kassian stays unless there is another lesson for him to learn.
Ole Zack is getting the special attention to try and keep him on the straight and narrow. Plus I assume they want to work on his 'lack of desire' to show up to camp in shape to impress the new coach.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

One of my favorite Gillis moves, waive Volpatti to make room for Steve Pinnizotto. Great scouting here.

Anyhow on to brighter things, I see Volpatti has made the Capitals roster for this season with flying colours. Where is Pinnizotto? Anybody? Anybody? Anybody?

Aaron Volpatti's two 2013-14 pre-season scraps - http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/137 ... rd/pre2014
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

RoyalDude wrote:I can't wait to see this team, so many new exciting talent to watch, yes, they are throwaways from other teams, but at least they will proved a newly breath of fresh air to this season.
Yeah Dude.. about as exciting as watching paint dry.. I didn't see any difference makers signed so we are still relying on the old "Nonis" core for scoring and Lou to mind the goal .. How thrilling ..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

RoyalDude wrote:I can't wait to see this team, so many new exciting talent to watch, yes, they are throwaways from other teams, but at least they will proved a newly breath of fresh air to this season.
Naslund was once considered a throwaway. You favorite, Grabner, was once considered a throwaway and your point is?? Oh BTW, another favorite of yours, Volpatti was a throwaway too.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Jovocop wrote:
Naslund was once considered a throwaway. You favorite, Grabner, was once considered a throwaway and your point is?? Oh BTW, another favorite of yours, Volpatti was a throwaway too.
That's because Gillis is very generous when it comes to trading and waving and an idiot at acquiring. Most everyone on the planet except you and a few other Gillis jabronees here felt that that waiving Volpatti was pure lunacy all in the name of Pinizzotto cause Gillis had a good feeling about Pinizzotto. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Oh yeah, we traded a struggling 1st round pick who was drafted 7th overall for a struggling Naslund who was drafted 15th overall. Trust me, the Santorelli's, Richardson, Dalpe's, Welsh's of the world are not ever going to a turn out to be another Naslund steal and even a Grabner for that matter. About as ridiculous as comparing Dalpe to Sharp of the Blackhawks. Anyhow, carry on with your Gillis man love, the dude will be fired soon enough. Should never have quit his day job.
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Aaron Volpatti will give this franchise nightmares for yeas to come. The dude is a fucking stud and I expect he will break out this season with a 3 goal year............providing he plays 15 min per game 82 times and gets to play a few dozen shifts with Ovechkin.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Aaron Volpatti will give this franchise nightmares for yeas to come. The dude is a fucking stud and I expect he will break out this season with a 3 goal year............providing he plays 15 min per game 82 times and gets to play a few dozen shifts with Ovechkin.
Tall Boys McKenzie, what is with your man-love for Gillis? He's the worse. Makes mistake after mistake after mistake. Thank the heavens that Nonis drafted Schneider so Gillis had the ability to get Horvat.

BTW, where is Pinizotto. Gillis had a good feeling for this guy, so much so that he waived Volpatti. That's ok, Gillis has the lightning quick and uber talented Sestito now, and signed to a two year contract!
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

RoyalDude wrote:
Jovocop wrote:
That's because Gillis is very generous when it comes to trading and waving and an idiot at acquiring. Most everyone on the planet except you and a few other Gillis jabronees here felt that that waiving Volpatti was pure lunacy all in the name of Pinizzotto cause Gillis had a good feeling about Pinizzotto. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Oh yeah, we traded a struggling 1st round pick who was drafted 7th overall for a struggling Naslund who was drafted 15th overall. Trust me, the Santorelli's, Richardson, Dalpe's, Welsh's are not ever going to a Naslund and even Grabner for that matter. About as ridiculous as comparing Dalpe to Sharp of the Blackhawks.
First off, MG made a mistake by waiving Volpatti. Like all other GMs, he made a mistake. Seriously, are you telling me that Volpatti is next Lucic?? He is a fourth liner after all. As much as I dislike Sestito, I just don't see much difference there. At the very least, Sestito can dance with bigger goons.

Nobody is comparing Santorelli, Richardson, Dalpe, or Welsh to Naslund or Grabner. The point is sometimes some of those throwaways could turn out to be gems, like Naslund or Grabner. Some players take longer time to develop and some might never. In Dalpe's case, he is still young and should be given a chance before completely write him off. As for Santorelli and Richardson, they are serviceable 3rd and 4th liners. They were not signed to produce 100 points a season, were they?

Seriously RD, why can't you wait until the Canucks actually start losing before complaining like an old lady? The freaking regular season has not even started yet... :roll:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I'm agreeing with you I think Volpatti is the next Lucic or at least the next Clowe. Dude will be one of the best power forwards in the NHL. I am pissed we got rid of him.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:I'm agreeing with you I think Volpatti is the next Lucic or at least the next Clowe. Dude will be one of the best power forwards in the NHL. I am pissed we got rid of him.
Curious though, Gillis had a good feeling for Pinizotto...where is he? Probably wasn't to hip to Pinizotto's booze fests with Zack Kassian, lol.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Volpatti is incredible. If the Canucks had kept him the win the division handily.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

People are putting words in my mouth, cause apparently I said Volpatti is the next Lucic. Shit, Lucic is what Croatian? He ain't no fucking goomba.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Volpatti is incredible. If the Canucks had kept him the win the division handily.
Do you think Pinner got the boot cause he was a bad influence on Kassian?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I think Pinnizotto spent to much time at Nicks on Commercial and then got lit up at the American quite a bit. Kassian is more of a Yaletown boozer.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:I think Pinnizotto spent to much time at Nicks on Commercial and then got lit up at the American quite a bit. Kassian is more of a Yaletown boozer.
The American doesn't exist anymore, it's called the Electric Owl.

Nick's Spaghetti and Meatballs is legendary, lol. I betchya even ole Doc to the stroll down Commerical from Clarke Park to take in some of Nick's Spaghetti and Meatballs.

I did pop in their not too long ago, first time in years, place is kinda sad now.

Kassian is not Yaletown...He's the Wild Duck Inn a thousand times over, or the Turf Hotel, or the Barnett Inn, or Haney's Pub, the Golden Spike, the Arms.