Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Tciso
MVP
MVP

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Post by Tciso »

Soapy wrote:LOL..Really..this is still some thing.

Your mistress is gone

She broke up with you. She is gone.

You are stuck with your wife.

Get over it
And your wife is hot, ready, willing and able. Gee tough life.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Zedlee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Zedlee »

So the Panthers have a new owner, and one with deep pockets. We all know that Luongo would rather be in Florida, so does this change the landscape re: trade?
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Zedlee wrote:So the Panthers have a new owner, and one with deep pockets. We all know that Luongo would rather be in Florida, so does this change the landscape re: trade?
Probably not. We need a goalie back in exchange, and Florida has nobody in net. So, unless there is a Devil's 3way involved (implied puns intended), I can't see what we would be getting back from Florida.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Vader wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Schneider is the pre season king.
:roll:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Anyone who thinks we should get rid of Schneider instead of Roberto is a fucking idiot, plain and simple.
Blob Mckenzie wrote: GIMME A "G"!
GIMME AN "I"
GIMME AN "L-L-I-S!'

What's that spell?

GILLIS!

Yay Gillis!

*giggles*
I still think Schneider is the better goalie ( although Roberto is still a top 10 guy) and younger and cheaper... what's your point ?

The reality is Gillis fucked up at the 2012 draft if he really wanted to deal Luongo . He is the goalie here atm for better or for worse. I just laugh at all the bed pissers jumping up and down about pre season stats.

LOL where did you dig up that last quote ? Looks like I was a little lit up . :lol:

Unlike some I am no Gillis apologist or a hater like the dude and his fingerpuppetts. I prefer to judge the guy sometime during the regular season , not in intramurals.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Boy, I know it's early, but Schneids might take another step forward and flourish in Jersey as they are known to play tight defensive hockey. If Schneids can win a vezina or backstop the devils to a Cup, that trade could come down as one of the worst in canuck history. :(
Zedlee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Zedlee »

Tciso wrote:
Zedlee wrote:So the Panthers have a new owner, and one with deep pockets. We all know that Luongo would rather be in Florida, so does this change the landscape re: trade?
Probably not. We need a goalie back in exchange, and Florida has nobody in net. So, unless there is a Devil's 3way involved (implied puns intended), I can't see what we would be getting back from Florida.
I believe that Luongo will be here for the year and Florida now has Thomas for one season. But I wouldn't be surprised if Luongo gets his new agents to stir the pot and push for a move next off season.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Zedlee wrote:
Tciso wrote:
I believe that Luongo will be here for the year and Florida now has Thomas for one season. But I wouldn't be surprised if Luongo gets his new agents to stir the pot and push for a move next off season.
Agreed. It is well-known that Luongo wants to move back to Florida. Since the Panthers have a new owner, they can finally afford to trade for Luongo next season. The only question is how the Canucks are going to replace him, free agent, trade, or Lack?
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Jovocop wrote:[

Agreed. It is well-known that Luongo wants to move back to Florida. Since the Panthers have a new owner, they can finally afford to trade for Luongo next season. The only question is how the Canucks are going to replace him, free agent, trade, or Lack?[/quote]

A new owner doesn't mean they'll spend more.

And if Thomas plays well, why would they want to dump him for Luongo?
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I think a lot depends upon, not only how Thomas plays, but on their younger goalies. If they feel they have someone who is ready to take more games and be a true number one in 3-4 years then I can see them passing on Luongo.

If they do want Luongo MG won't let him go for nothing unless he feels confident we have someone ready to take over.

Luongo can mean more ticket sales, a player they can market around for a few years. He may also mean more wins and a more competitive team. There is a ton of upside in the Panthers trading for him if it doesn't cost them too much.
The only HW the Canucks need
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Hockey Widow wrote:I think a lot depends upon, not only how Thomas plays, but on their younger goalies. If they feel they have someone who is ready to take more games and be a true number one in 3-4 years then I can see them passing on Luongo.

If they do want Luongo MG won't let him go for nothing unless he feels confident we have someone ready to take over.

Luongo can mean more ticket sales, a player they can market around for a few years. He may also mean more wins and a more competitive team. There is a ton of upside in the Panthers trading for him if it doesn't cost them too much.
In Luongo's prime, he could not help that franchise. He played terrific, and still no playoff games.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote: In Luongo's prime, he could not help that franchise. He played terrific, and still no playoff games.
But he put butts in seats and stole games for them.

IF some of the Cats young stars take it to the next level this year (likely) Lou could put them over the top

... and into the playoffs (hopefully at the expense of the Leaves). :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

I says it before an I says it agin... that there Uncle Thomas is gonna get lit up like a christmas tree with goal lights for garland in Florida. it wont be no tea party thats four score...
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ukcanuck wrote:I says it before an I says it agin... that there Uncle Thomas is gonna get lit up like a christmas tree with goal lights for garland in Florida. it wont be no tea party thats four score...
Well here's hoping he at least stands on his head in the 4 games versus the Leaves this year. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:I says it before an I says it agin... that there Uncle Thomas is gonna get lit up like a christmas tree with goal lights for garland in Florida. it wont be no tea party thats four score...
Well here's hoping he at least stands on his head in the 4 games versus the Leaves this year. :mex:
While we're at it let's hope the leaves go 0-82.

...could happen..
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ukcanuck wrote: While we're at it let's hope the leaves go 0-82.
No no no... we want em to barely miss the playoffs.

It hurts more, plus they don't get a super high draft pick. :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.