Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Post by Strangelove »

darren wrote: If I had to deal with fans like you, I'd want out of town too.

There are reasons why Vancouver is known as the "Goalie Graveyard"!
____
Try to focus on someday.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Mondi wrote:You guys need to learn to differentiate between an inference and a question.
As a rather simple fellow, when I see a question mark I see a question.

The last 2 meaningful games I saw CS play were not games I'd want to take over Dan Cloutier.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Mondi wrote:This will be my last post addressing CS vs RL until we do have a representative sample from this season.

My view is well documented, and I have stated it long before this preseason began. It is a simple view, I think Cory is a better player and has been for some time. I also think that they should have kept him over Roberto.

That being said, the decision has been made and Luongo is on the team. I still think he's a serviceable player with all-star potential for this season.

Any inferences drawn about the debate between the two are based on 3+ years of comparison. Not on two games last season (where it is widely documented Cory was injured) and not on this preseason.

My questions merely was whether anyone would prefer Luongo's first game in this preseason or Cory's? I think any rational poster would agree Cory has had a better start to the preseason.

And that question was in response to the revisionist homers around here who are all of a sudden trumpeting Luongo as the better player and Cory as some sort anxious player who is prone to getting lit up, when in fact Luongo has a far longer history of getting lit up in big games.

In closing, I will reiterate that I don't think Luongo is a bad player. I think Cory is currently the better player and that both are very good. I will also state that Luongo's 06-07 was one of the best season by any goaltender, perhaps ever. Therefore, Luongo has had a far better career. He just hasn't been better the last few years.
Its probably a good thing this was your last post concerning RL v CS because its sounds like your in a love affair with CS.
The fact is CS he has not played enough games in the same circumstances that RL has to make any sort of comparison that would be anywhere valid or fair.

and its not revision at all
CS choked in his start against Chicago in 11' and he's 1/1 in 12' and 0 fer in 13' thats a losing record sorry...
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

And further...we didn't trade the wrong guy....

We traded the only guy we could because we had too..and it was Roberto that wanted out, not the franchise wanting him out. Alas his life contract was too much in a shrinking cap era....
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Mondi wrote:This will be my last post addressing CS vs RL until we do have a representative sample from this season.
As a helpful life tip, I'd like to suggest you do not waste much time comparing the 2. What CS does this year on a different team is meaningless. All that matters is what Lu does. That goes for either playing well or poorly. You are in the massive majority when you state you'd have preferred to keep CS. I am not sure why you spend so much time trying to make sure anyone knows. But luckily it is well documented. You should publish.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

rats19 wrote:And further...we didn't trade the wrong guy....

We traded the only guy we could because we had too..and it was Roberto that wanted out, not the franchise wanting him out. Alas his life contract was too much in a shrinking cap era....
I think you're close Rats! Just a little more...
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mondi wrote: This will be my last post addressing CS vs RL until we do have a representative sample from this season.

My view is well documented, and I have stated it long before this preseason began. It is a simple view, I think Cory is a better player and has been for some time. I also think that they should have kept him over Roberto.

That being said, the decision has been made and Luongo is on the team. I still think he's a serviceable player with all-star potential for this season.
LOL @ Mondi covering his ass! :lol:
Mondi wrote: Any inferences drawn about the debate between the two are based on 3+ years of comparison. Not on two games last season (where it is widely documented Cory was injured) and not on this preseason.

My question merely was whether anyone would prefer Luongo's first game in this preseason or Cory's? I think any rational poster would agree Cory has had a better start to the preseason.

And that question was in response to the revisionist homers around here who are all of a sudden trumpeting Luongo as the better player and Cory as some sort anxious player who is prone to getting lit up, when in fact Luongo has a far longer history of getting lit up in big games.
Ummmmmmmm so YOU raised the question of who was better in his first preseason game WHY?? :lol:

My oh my wot a tangled web you have woven!
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

this whole thread has become stupid.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

er...
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Didn't expect Schneider to be this hot out of the gate in New Joisey. Did Lou Lamaroo pull the wool over the Players Agents eye's? Should Gillis have demanded more in return? GM's around the league seem to have a field day with ole Gillis there. Or he's just really generous.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Schneider is the pre season king.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

How is it that Vancouver has had amazing goaltending for _____ years.....
and you have a problem?
We have a great goalie...look at other sports
We are fine.
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

LOL..Really..this is still some thing.

Your mistress is gone

She broke up with you. She is gone.

You are stuck with your wife.

Get over it
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
Vader
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vader »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Schneider is the pre season king.
:roll:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Anyone who thinks we should get rid of Schneider instead of Roberto is a fucking idiot, plain and simple.
Blob Mckenzie wrote: GIMME A "G"!
GIMME AN "I"
GIMME AN "L-L-I-S!'

What's that spell?

GILLIS!

Yay Gillis!

*giggles*
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

RoyalDude wrote:Didn't expect Schneider to be this hot out of the gate in New Joisey. .
Schneider sucks, he averaged 4 goals per game in the preseason, whoops! ..... 1 goal per 4 games. :o
Damn!

Yeah, it sucks to lose CS, but they figured that this was the only chance to get a real blue chip player, a #9 pick in a deep draft. When was the last time that Vancouver drafted in the top 10?