Meh It's Pre-Season: Mammals @ Fish. 7:30 PST - SPAC.

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Meh It's Pre-Season: Mammals @ Fish. 7:30 PST - SPAC.

Post by Meds »

I expected a tired team, and that's what we got.

Alberts is having an abysmal game at this point. On for 2 goals against, in the box for a 3rd. Terrible turnovers, bad reads, just brutal.

Weber is too small. Can't handle the big Sharks forwards.

The entire team looks soft tonight, San Jose wants it more. They force so many turnovers and recover to their own zone quickly where they give the Canucks zero room to work and nothing is generated.

Lack looks like a backup. He's had some solid saves, but has been beaten multiple times on the glove side and gotten some serious help from his posts. If there are two things about his game that stands out to me right now they are, one, that he doesn't look intentional or purposeful out there, he looks tentative, unsure, like he's going through the motions and hoping the puck hits him. And, two, that his glove hand is a glaring weakness.

Games like this make me think that there will be some roster changes by the deadline this year.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Meh It's Pre-Season: Mammals @ Fish. 7:30 PST - SPAC.

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Or the sharks have our number.
We don't match up
Against them well.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

RoyalDude wrote:Or the sharks have our number.
We don't match up
Against them well.
Are the Sharks streaky clean? No PP for the Canucks at all? If we have Albert's and Weber as the bottom pair, it will be a long season...
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Flip the switch!!!!!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Jovocop wrote:
We don't match up
Against them well.
Are the Sharks streaky clean? No PP for the Canucks at all? If we have Albert's and Weber as the bottom pair, it will be a long season...
We saw in the 4 straight losses to the sharks in the playoffs that they are a way more disciplined team without Crowe and Murray, not too mention faster and stronger on the puck. I don't think that's changed, but not worried for there is a switch out there somewhere in the clouds waiting to be flipped.
CorranHorn
CC Veteran

Post by CorranHorn »

Jovocop wrote:
We don't...
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I see the leader of the urine crew is in mid season form
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

RoyalDude wrote:
Jovocop wrote:
We don't match up
Against them well.
We saw in the 4 straight losses to the sharks in the playoffs that they are a way more disciplined team without Crowe and Murray, not too mention faster and stronger on the puck. I don't think that's changed, but not worried for there is a switch out there somewhere in the clouds waiting to be flipped.
It is fuuny that when the Canucks have a few power plays in a row, there is always a power play for the other team to even out. On the other hand, oh well... Never mind. The NHL has their own interpretation every game anyway...
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Clearly a different team for us last night. Brutal in all 3 zones with nobody winning any puck battles. A complete 180 from the last game against PHX.

The kids looked gassed more than anything.

Sedin line had some chances but routinely turned over the puck in the O zone. One thing I noticed was how good they are on the PK. They are hard to get the puck past up high. Quick sticks.

Burrows looks like he isn't engaged whatsoever. I'll see how he is in a month or so before I worry.

Same goes for Kesler although I won't be picking him in my pool. Doubt we ever see anything close to his career year again...I just can't see it.

Throw it away and look ahead time. Nothing to see here
If you need air...call it in
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

It's funny, a couple years back we had the Sharks number and they couldn't beat us. We were 7-2 against them in 2011 and 3-1 against them in 2012. Now we just cannot beat them, and are 0-7 since.

Meh, throw this one away. The back side of a pre-season home and away back-to-back...blech.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Clearly a different team for us last night. Brutal in all 3 zones with nobody winning any puck battles. A complete 180 from the last game against PHX.
To be fair, the Coyotes did not dress much key players. On the other hand, the Sharks pretty much had a full lineup last night.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Jovocop wrote:To be fair, the Coyotes did not dress much key players. On the other hand, the Sharks pretty much had a full lineup last night.
That's not totally fair. The Coyotes did dress most of their NHL guys. They were missing Doan, Ribeiro and of course their back-up played (but people seem to be quite high on Greiss), but the only bubble guys they played were Brule, Domi, Miele and Brown. Other than that, it was their full squad.

Anyway, Canucks got swatted away by the Sharks, who definitely have our number right now. I fully expect a better effort from our guys in the future.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

herb wrote:
Jovocop wrote:To be fair, the Coyotes did not dress much key players. On the other hand, the Sharks pretty much had a full lineup last night.
That's not totally fair. The Coyotes did dress most of their NHL guys. They were missing Doan, Ribeiro and of course their back-up played (but people seem to be quite high on Greiss), but the only bubble guys they played were Brule, Domi, Miele and Brown. Other than that, it was their full squad.

Anyway, Canucks got swatted away by the Sharks, who definitely have our number right now. I fully expect a better effort from our guys in the future.
Doan and Ribeiro to the Coyotes are like the Sedins to the Canucks... :mrgreen: Michalek also did not play... Besides Tippett, Smith might be the only reason why they were even competitive in the last two seasons.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Jovocop wrote:Doan and Ribeiro to the Coyotes are like the Sedins to the Canucks... :mrgreen: Michalek also did not play... Besides Tippett, Smith might be the only reason why they were even competitive in the last two seasons.
I know, but it wasn't like they didn't play any of their vets.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

One d pairing and a couple of gaffs from Lack were the difference last night. Alberts/Weber were clearly bad and were on for 4 goals while Alberts was in the box for roughing away from the play and has been a general train wreck thus far.

I like that the Sedins are getting preseason time as they often complain about being rusty when the season starts.