Canucks Training Camp - News & Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Canucks Training Camp - News & Notes

Postby dbr » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:37 am

I think the match penalty he got carries an automatic one gamer, unless rescinded by the league upon review.

My guess is that either they leave the one gamer alone or they add anything up to the remainder of the preseason to it. These games are meaningless so they can give him an honest-to-god couple of games without hurting his paycheque, hurting the Leafs, or anything of any consequence.

Makes the league look like they have integrity, without any of the actual risk it takes to have integrity.
dbr
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2490
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:37 pm

Re: Canucks Training Camp - News & Notes

Postby griz » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:42 am

Uncle dans leg wrote:Kassian shouldn't have his stick up like that because it can break someones' face. Fact. Also he seemed more concerned with commenting on the Oilers acquisition of Steve Mac than feeling like shit about it I perceive. If he had taken the high road and focused on making it more apparent that he felt bad, he may have come away with a lighter sentence.


I agree Kassian was careless with his stick. I hope Gagner recovers fine. He seems a good kid.

However, I disagree with your 'high road' concept because dirt bags (not Kassian...) could easily pretend they feel bad. In fact they often DO. Who cares how they FEEL? If they took the low road by being careless with another player's health, then suddenly take the high road and act remorsefull - who does that serve?

I long for the day when there is competition for the NHL here in north america. Today the NHL uses the criticism of the fans to get them emotionally attached to their product. When there is competition with the NHL, only then will they start to clean up the game properly. Because fans that are tired of the NHL's ways would go elsewhere if they could.
griz
CC Veteran
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:37 pm

Re: Canucks Training Camp - News & Notes

Postby wafflecombine » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:50 am

Hey to agree with much of the feelings here. Kassian needed to be more in control of his stick and it was a careless accident that had brutally bad consequences. I'm not surprised that the NHL is trying to send a message and hit Kassian hard with heavy early season fine.

We all know in 2 months that'll be 3 games. 2 months after that it'll be 1-3 games. Its just the way the ex rolls.

As for Kessel, I predict he gets a fine, maybe 1 game max. He is seen as a soft, skill player and they won't drop the hammer on him at all.
wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 366
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:20 pm

Re: Canucks Training Camp - News & Notes

Postby ukcanuck » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:29 pm

dbr wrote:Don't be obtuse guys.

Of course Carter was left in better shape than Gagner.

Of course playoff games mean more than exhibition/october games.

Of course Keith gets special treatment (even to the extent where being a repeat offender is no longer a factor).

Where's the justice? Are you serious? :lol:

Outraged at the inconsistency? :lol:

The league suspends on the result, the name of the offender, what month it is, how much they care about the franchise employing the offender, the name of the injured player.. in roughly that order.

0 games missed, Norris Trophy winner Duncan Keith, June, Original Six franchise, Carter = 1 game

Long term injury, certifiable insane person (just ask Dallas Eakins) Zack Kassian, September, Pacific coast franchise, Gagner = 3 games + 5 more that count


Am I the only asshole around here who loves that Kassian broke that schmuck oiler's jaw and the fact that it was negligent and a bit dirty is just icing on the cake?

I mean c'mon I'm sick of team europe already, bring on the bite....
User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2308
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: Canucks Training Camp - News & Notes

Postby Lancer » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:14 pm

ukcanuck wrote:Am I the only asshole around here who loves that Kassian broke that schmuck oiler's jaw and the fact that it was negligent and a bit dirty is just icing on the cake?

I mean c'mon I'm sick of team europe already, bring on the bite....


Naw man, I'm unashamed to say I'm with you and I daresay I'm far from the only company you have on this one. :devil:

The boys are gonna get the hate as always from all the haters who resent that their team just hasn't, isn't and may never be as good as they are. So if the boys are gonna get the hate regardless, you may as well earn it and have fun doing it. If the only hat that Shanahan, the ethically corrupt league, the bought-and-paid-for T.O. media and the rest of the haters will give you is the black hat, wear it with style and have fun doing it. I didn't mind how it looked on Kassian.

Fuck Gagner, fuck the Oilers and their whiny bitch fans, and fuck the pious juice-arses who condemn Kassian for not flopping to the floor in tears, whipping himself with a birch-switch and crying 'mea culpa'. If he did, and went around not trying to hurt anybody out there, those same wet panty-pads would go on about how he's a pussy on a team of pussies, and a bust, etc. Same smarmy homers who defended that gutless twat Keith when he deliberately tried to end Daniel's season.

If that makes me an asshole, I'll wear the tag happily with pride.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
User avatar
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1355
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:41 am
Location: Arnprior, Ontario

Re: Canucks Training Camp - News & Notes

Postby dbr » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:42 pm

ukcanuck wrote:Am I the only asshole around here who loves that Kassian broke that schmuck oiler's jaw and the fact that it was negligent and a bit dirty is just icing on the cake?

I mean c'mon I'm sick of team europe already, bring on the bite....


I would rather he be putting Oilers in the OR with his shoulder (or his fists) than his stick.

That being said, it's good to have a mad dog in the lineup again.
dbr
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2490
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:37 pm

Re: Canucks Training Camp - News & Notes

Postby Canuck-One » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:31 pm

Lancer wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:Am I the only asshole around here who loves that Kassian broke that schmuck oiler's jaw and the fact that it was negligent and a bit dirty is just icing on the cake?

I mean c'mon I'm sick of team europe already, bring on the bite....


Naw man, I'm unashamed to say I'm with you and I daresay I'm far from the only company you have on this one. :devil:

The boys are gonna get the hate as always from all the haters who resent that their team just hasn't, isn't and may never be as good as they are. So if the boys are gonna get the hate regardless, you may as well earn it and have fun doing it. If the only hat that Shanahan, the ethically corrupt league, the bought-and-paid-for T.O. media and the rest of the haters will give you is the black hat, wear it with style and have fun doing it. I didn't mind how it looked on Kassian.

Fuck Gagner, fuck the Oilers and their whiny bitch fans, and fuck the pious juice-arses who condemn Kassian for not flopping to the floor in tears, whipping himself with a birch-switch and crying 'mea culpa'. If he did, and went around not trying to hurt anybody out there, those same wet panty-pads would go on about how he's a pussy on a team of pussies, and a bust, etc. Same smarmy homers who defended that gutless twat Keith when he deliberately tried to end Daniel's season.

If that makes me an asshole, I'll wear the tag happily with pride.


:wave: :wave: :wave: I'm with you guys all the way!
User avatar
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:49 am
Location: Moving to Blackfalds

Re: Canucks Training Camp - News & Notes

Postby rats19 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:53 pm

We are getting backbones.....which if followed a little further south reveals assholes.. :mex:
You are who you hang with.....
User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4570
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over there.....

Re: Canucks Training Camp - News & Notes

Postby Uncle dans leg » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:06 pm

Lancer wrote:
and fuck the pious juice-arses who condemn Kassian for not flopping to the floor in tears, whipping himself with a birch-switch and crying 'mea culpa'. If he did, and went around not trying to hurt anybody out there, those same wet panty-pads would go on about how he's a pussy on a team of pussies, and a bust, etc. Same smarmy homers who defended that gutless twat Keith when he deliberately tried to end Daniel's season.

I'm hoping that this isn't aimed at me because I don't like to see a guy whip a stick so carelessly like that. Piling him into the boards on a clean hit is a totally different animal.

And I hate the Coilers more than you I'd wager. I work up there with those retarded fans and eat a fair amount of shit every time we lose... yeah I said it
nobody forks with...the jesus
User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1940
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: Lethbridge AB

Re: Canucks Training Camp - News & Notes

Postby Lancer » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:05 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Lancer wrote:
and fuck the pious juice-arses who condemn Kassian for not flopping to the floor in tears, whipping himself with a birch-switch and crying 'mea culpa'. If he did, and went around not trying to hurt anybody out there, those same wet panty-pads would go on about how he's a pussy on a team of pussies, and a bust, etc. Same smarmy homers who defended that gutless twat Keith when he deliberately tried to end Daniel's season.

I'm hoping that this isn't aimed at me because I don't like to see a guy whip a stick so carelessly like that. Piling him into the boards on a clean hit is a totally different animal.

And I hate the Coilers more than you I'd wager. I work up there with those retarded fans and eat a fair amount of shit every time we lose... yeah I said it


Naw man, nothing aimed at you. What he did was reckless and got a guy hurt, but to hear some of the knuckle-draggers out there you'd think he was a irredeemable criminal for not expressing enough remorse.

As for the Coiler fans, give them a fistful of 1st overall picks and a couple of wins and they start going on like they're the next iteration of the Hawks. Anything that dashes their hopes and makes them sour brings a smile to my face.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
User avatar
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1355
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:41 am
Location: Arnprior, Ontario

Re: Canucks Training Camp - News & Notes

Postby rats19 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:35 pm

Lancer=asshole

How long has this been going on lancer?

Oh and BTW...I approve
You are who you hang with.....
User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4570
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over there.....

Re: Canucks Training Camp - News & Notes

Postby Lancer » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:41 pm

rats19 wrote:Lancer=asshole

How long has this been going on lancer?

Oh and BTW...I approve


We've been here before:



All that said, I'd rather be a dick than an asshole, but I'd rather be an asshole than a pussy. ;)
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
User avatar
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1355
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:41 am
Location: Arnprior, Ontario

Re: Canucks Training Camp - News & Notes

Postby RoyalDude » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:27 pm

So apparently Zack is still a Shane OBrien party machine. A bit of a dufus outside the arena. Blobs buddy Tony Gallagher was talking about it with B Mac today on 1040. Apparently his fitness isn't where it should be. Like I said all the tools but a partying fool
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4307
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Canucks Training Camp - News & Notes

Postby rats19 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:39 pm

Dick it is....but asshole works well enough.....
You are who you hang with.....
User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4570
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over there.....

Re: Canucks Training Camp - News & Notes

Postby RoyalDude » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:48 pm

Weber is a gong show out there tonight

I see Kesler is still doing his skate over the blue line wrister

The Sedins ability to score will take another dip this season, they are the same ole players, just can't finish like they used to. What happened to sniper Daniel?

.500 hockey? Win one, lose one?
Last edited by RoyalDude on Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4307
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], isle_nuck and 2 guests