Sabres vs Leaves preseason SUSPENSIONS

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Sabres vs Leaves preseason tonight

Post by SKYO »

So Shanahan set the precedent just two hand lumberjack any player without injuring them badly and you won't be punished all that much, if at all.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

SKYO wrote:So Shanahan set the precedent just two hand lumberjack any player without injuring them badly and you won't be punished all that much, if at all.
Nope, next time Shanahan will come up with some other "explanation" to justify his decision... Again, it really depends on who the accused and the victim are. :roll:
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Jovocop wrote:
SKYO wrote:So Shanahan set the precedent just two hand lumberjack any player without injuring them badly and you won't be punished all that much, if at all.
Nope, next time Shanahan will come up with some other "explanation" to justify his decision... Again, it really depends on who the accused and the victim are. :roll:
True star players are pretty much above the law.

But mostly shanahan protects the heads of players, he actually gave Norris trophy winner Keith 5 games for that elbow on sedin.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

SKYO wrote:
Jovocop wrote:
True star players are pretty much above the law.

But mostly shanahan protects the heads of players, he actually gave Norris trophy winner Keith 5 games for that elbow on sedin.
Why did Keith only get one game for his intentional high stick on Carter? Carter was injured too.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Jovocop wrote: Why did Keith only get one game for his intentional high stick on Carter? Carter was injured too.
Talk to em Jovocop give shanny a piece of ya mind.

Gotta a link/vid for that keith high stick?
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

SKYO wrote:
Jovocop wrote: Why did Keith only get one game for his intentional high stick on Carter? Carter was injured too.
Talk to em Jovocop give shanny a piece of ya mind.

Gotta a link/vid for that keith high stick?

Just listen to his "explanation"... :roll:
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

yeah that's bullshit, intentional hit to the head Keith gets a game vs Kassian's non intentional hit to the head he gets 8 games. :mad: :crazy:
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

negative liberty
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

So I left Tibet to fly down for a Yangtze river cruise. Get on my ship and head to my cabin. Turn on my tv and catch BBC just as they start world news. Now I expect to hear about terrorists in Kenya or Christians being blown up in pakistan.

But what I see on my little tv on the Yangtze is a good old fashion brawl and a commentary on the violence in North American ice hockey.

No sports coverage of baseball or football or any other hockey news but 4 minutes dedicated to this one game!

I had to laugh really.

Glad to see that the NHL has its suspensions under control again.

Be back in time for the season opener if I don't blow away in a typhoon!!
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote:Glad to see that the NHL has its suspensions under control again.

Be back in time for the season opener if I don't blow away in a typhoon!!
haha sarcasm?

And have a safe trip hw! sl is keepin your seat warm for ya. :D
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

I laugh because I don't think there is enough beer in the house to drown my despair at what an unethical joke league discipline has become.

I think I have just about run out of outrage at this point. Either that or they upped my Mëds without telling me... :hmmm:

BTW, where's 'ole Tuna-head now to go on about his team doesn't get favourable treatment from the league?
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Soapy wrote:I just watched the NHL official video....Kessel just had a stick swinging incident against the Flyers where he 'attacked' two Flyers.

He has no history of this type of conduct...LOL.!
Yeah but Soapy, he has an official history NOW. :thumbs:

We all know the league favours certain teams.

That's not gonna change.

But there IS good coming out of this.

John Scott has just shown the league how to get under the leaf skin.

Kessel is a psycho and Clarkson is a moron.

The part I really like is next time they're both repeat offenders.

I like the way Friedman points out other teams in their division are now ready for leaf tactics:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/hockey ... brawl.html

Karma's a bitch! :mex:

Last edited by Strangelove on Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=432586

Nazem Kadri:

"I was gonna leave the bench and go up against John Scott but Lupul held me back!" Image
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

nm
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

People are acting like this is the first time this has happened. How many games did Taylor Hall get when he two-handed Michalek behind the play last year? Hell how many did Peverly get when he did it to Bieksa in a SCF game?
Jovocop wrote:Why did Keith only get one game for his intentional high stick on Carter? Carter was injured too.
I'll say what I said in the other thread where supplementary discipline is being discussed (albeit a little more briefly)..

Norris trophy winner Duncan Keith, who plays for the Original Six franchise the Chicago (ie. third largest media market in the USA) Blackhawks, high sticked a player who did not miss any games as a result, in a playoff game in June.

Honestly guys, just remember that "fairness" and "consistency" and "punishing the act/intent rather than the outcome" aren't even close to the top priority when it comes to supplemental discipline. There's a whole lot of head scratching and teeth gnashing going on over these extremely predictable outcomes..