Sabres vs Leaves preseason SUSPENSIONS

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Re: Sabres vs Leaves preseason tonight

Post by Aaronp18 »

BigTuna wrote:
Lancer wrote:It's the leaves. Kessel will get f*ck all. Clarkson will get the remaining pre-season games. Shanny will come up on TV with some kind of bullsh*t justification for it all. League looks the other way.

Woulda been nice to see Scott connect on a couple on Kessel, but you can't have it all.

Been a while since I saw a donnybrook like that. Brought a big 'ole smile to my face.
Oh please. The league comes harder on the leaves than most teams.
FYP
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Mëds wrote:If Buffalo receives any suspensions on this the league is again proving itself to be a sham. If Clarkson gets less than 10, same story.

Kessel should get 2x2 for slashing, 2 for roughing, 5 for fighting, and at least a game or 2 for the spear work on a player who was tied up by an opponent and the official.

Chances are he gets a warning.

I wonder if any network numbers people are salivating for the first regular season meeting between these two teams......
Get ready for it. Already, the Toronto Sports Network is spinning it that Scott broke 'The Code' by going after Kessel in the first place. It would be hilarious if it wasn't an embarrasingly transparent piece of homerism by the media arm of MLSE.

So let's get this straight: Toronto's big knuckle-dragger pounds out a smaller forward for Buffalo, and that's 'playoff truculence', gonna get them far in the playoffs; but when Buffalo returns the favour with Scott going after Kessel, that's 'breaking the code' and justifies Kessel defending his 'honour' by swinging two-handers and spears at Scott while he's engaged with someone else, and Clarkson did the right thing.

How anybody wonders why so many hockey fans hate Toronto, their teams, the media they control, and their fans is beyond me.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

BigTuna wrote:
Lancer wrote:It's the leaves. Kessel will get f*ck all. Clarkson will get the remaining pre-season games. Shanny will come up on TV with some kind of bullsh*t justification for it all. League looks the other way.

Woulda been nice to see Scott connect on a couple on Kessel, but you can't have it all.

Been a while since I saw a donnybrook like that. Brought a big 'ole smile to my face.
Oh please. The league comes down harder on the leaves than most teams.
Care to cite any cases to support your one-liner argument??? Otherwise, please excuse the collective eye-roll around here.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Zedlee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Zedlee »

Scott goes after Kessel? What a moron. I don't blame Kessel for using his stick...he's not a fighter and he has to defend himself against the goon who is way bigger.

Really too bad Clarkson jumped off the bench...not a smart move and it'll cost him 10 games.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Zedlee wrote:Scott goes after Kessel? What a moron. I don't blame Kessel for using his stick...he's not a fighter and he has to defend himself against the goon who is way bigger.

Really too bad Clarkson jumped off the bench...not a smart move and it'll cost him 10 games.
It is unfair to make these comments. We have no idea what Kessel said to Scott. I highly doubt a goon like Scott will pick on a midget like Kessel for no reasons. Second, Kessel was such a pussy when he repeatedly chopping Scott while he was tackled by other leaves. If anything, I wish Scott just busted Kessel's remaining nut. :mrgreen:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Zedlee wrote: Scott goes after Kessel? What a moron.
Or perhaps he's a genius?

... gets two Leaves called on the carpet by pretending to go after Kessel! :thumbs:
Zedlee wrote: I don't blame Kessel for using his stick...he's not a fighter and he has to defend himself against the goon who is way bigger.
"not a fighter"?? :crazy:

Ummm he had no problem going with 20-lbs-smaller-than-himself Flynn right after that.

If Kessel didn't want to fight Scott he should have kept his yap shut and skated away/turtled.

There is NO EXCUSE for the slashes + spear

(especially the two while Scott was being held back).

Face it pal, Princess Phil is a coward. Image
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BingoTough wrote: Clarkson just cost himself $640k
:lol:

THAT is awesome.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Clarkson also cost his team cap space as they have to bring in a replacement, leaving even less for Franson.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Strangelove wrote: There is NO EXCUSE for the slashes + spear
I think Kessel was just trying to even the playing field as much as possible.

Y'know remove both testicles from Scott and hope the levels of testosterone even out.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Benjo wrote:Clarkson also cost his team cap space as they have to bring in a replacement, leaving even less for Franson.
Excellent point!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Aaronp18 wrote:
Strangelove wrote: There is NO EXCUSE for the slashes + spear
I think Kessel was just trying to even the playing field as much as possible.

Y'know remove both testicles from Scott and hope the levels of testosterone even out.
:D
____
Try to focus on someday.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Lancer wrote:
BigTuna wrote:

Oh please. The league comes down harder on the leaves than most teams.
Care to cite any cases to support your one-liner argument??? Otherwise, please excuse the collective eye-roll around here.

How about the leaves getting stripped of a draft pick over a 50k payment to a Swedish club over Grogren? Or how about the massive fine over a bet Ron Wilson had with his own players when Jerome Iginla admited doing the same thing to the media and the Flames got squat.Or how about Mark Bell getting a 10 game suspension or a personal issue he had with police when everyone said he'd get nothing because he was a Leaf.

While you guys think the leaves get favours, they clearly don't. Most of Betteman expansion mistakes get the favours. They arren't losing money or draft picks over things like that. The leaves will never be hurt over suspensions or fines, so they will get hit as hard as everyone.

And I do thin k there is a good chance Kessel gets 1 or 2 games out of this.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Benjo wrote:Clarkson also cost his team cap space as they have to bring in a replacement, leaving even less for Franson.
At this point it's Franson that's screwing himself. This isn't a good move for his career.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

BigTuna wrote:
At this point it's Franson that's screwing himself. This isn't a good move for his career.
Really? Not if he signs an offer sheet from other teams... :mrgreen:
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Jovocop wrote:
BigTuna wrote:
Really? Not if he signs an offer sheet from other teams... :mrgreen:
You really see that happening? I don't.

No teams do offer sheets and barely any have the money.