Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Postby dangler » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:38 am

Island Nucklehead wrote:Remember when Tim Thomas was supplanted in Boston by Tuukka Rask in 09-10? Well he came back from that demotion and won the Vezina and the Stanley Cup the following season. ;)

yup,40 games that matter sounds about right to me. Not 3 pre-season :roll:
dangler
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Meds » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:29 pm

Mondi wrote:I see the (blind) faithful is out in full force.

How about this, would you prefer Schneider's starts to the preaseason or Luongo/Lack's?

Considering how often pre-season all stars turn into regular season nobody's.....
Meds
CC Legend

Postby Island Nucklehead » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:39 pm

Meds wrote:
Mondi wrote:I see the (blind) faithful is out in full force.

How about this, would you prefer Schneider's starts to the preaseason or Luongo/Lack's?

Considering how often pre-season all stars turn into regular season nobody's.....

Tampa Bay and Columbus tie for the Presidents trophy, the Kings and Pens are missing the playoffs, and Vancouver picks 1st overall.
Island Nucklehead
CC Legend

Postby Mondi » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:22 pm

I'm not talking about the preseason, or drawing any inferences therefrom.

I'm talking about a consistent history of CS outplaying RL.

And how nothing has changed.

Screw the preseason for all I care. The question I posed was whether anyone would prefer Luongo's start to Cory's.
Mondi
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Strangelove » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:58 pm

Mondi Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:22 pm wrote:I'm not talking about the preseason, or drawing any inferences therefrom.

Hmmm....

Mondi Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:58 am wrote:How about this, would you prefer Schneider's starts to the preaseason or Luongo/Lack's?

____
"I like to think that this team can get its mojo back" - Ryan Miller
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby Strangelove » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:01 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:the urine crew

____
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby Meds » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:48 am

Strangelove wrote:
Mondi Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:22 pm wrote:I'm not talking about the preseason, or drawing any inferences therefrom.

Hmmm....

Mondi Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:58 am wrote:How about this, would you prefer Schneider's starts to the preaseason or Luongo/Lack's?

That thar was gold Doc. :rofl:
Meds
CC Legend

Postby Mondi » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:45 pm

You guys need to learn to differentiate between an inference and a question.

All my inferences are drawn from the past season(s).
Mondi
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Strangelove » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:07 pm

Mondi wrote:You guys need to learn to differentiate between an inference and a question.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. :wink:
____
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby darren » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:49 pm

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
darren wrote:Yet another poster who can't remember how game 2 of the SCF ended.

Unfortunately, 1 game doesn't mean much. Any goalie can have a hot game here and there and steal a win; however, to be a true elite goalie, u gotta play @ a high lvl for a long stretch..... 16 wins for a cup.

You contradict yourself. If Lou wins 16 games, he's a great goalie, but he only won 15, so he's a bum. 16-15 is 1 the last time I checked.. so it seems that 1 game DOES mean quite a bit.

If I had to deal with fans like you, I'd want out of town too.
darren
CC Veteran

Postby Strangelove » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:23 pm

darren wrote:If I had to deal with fans like you, I'd want out of town too.

There are reasons why Vancouver is known as the "Goalie Graveyard"!
____
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby Mondi » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:46 am

Was at the game last night, Luongo looked serviceable and the team looked good.

That is a recipe for success.

Shinkaruk, Horvat and Santorelli look like they can play.

Hansen, Higgins and Kesler looked fast and healthy.

Weber, Garrison and Bieksa looked solid.

Hopefully, Hamhuis, Kassian (meathead) and (Bible) Booth can bolster the lineup.
Mondi
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby dhabums » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:55 am

Mondi wrote:You guys need to learn to differentiate between an inference and a question.

As a rather simple fellow, when I see a question mark I see a question.

The last 2 meaningful games I saw CS play were not games I'd want to take over Dan Cloutier.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Mondi » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:09 pm

This will be my last post addressing CS vs RL until we do have a representative sample from this season.

My view is well documented, and I have stated it long before this preseason began. It is a simple view, I think Cory is a better player and has been for some time. I also think that they should have kept him over Roberto.

That being said, the decision has been made and Luongo is on the team. I still think he's a serviceable player with all-star potential for this season.

Any inferences drawn about the debate between the two are based on 3+ years of comparison. Not on two games last season (where it is widely documented Cory was injured) and not on this preseason.

My questions merely was whether anyone would prefer Luongo's first game in this preseason or Cory's? I think any rational poster would agree Cory has had a better start to the preseason.

And that question was in response to the revisionist homers around here who are all of a sudden trumpeting Luongo as the better player and Cory as some sort anxious player who is prone to getting lit up, when in fact Luongo has a far longer history of getting lit up in big games.

In closing, I will reiterate that I don't think Luongo is a bad player. I think Cory is currently the better player and that both are very good. I will also state that Luongo's 06-07 was one of the best season by any goaltender, perhaps ever. Therefore, Luongo has had a far better career. He just hasn't been better the last few years.
Mondi
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby ukcanuck » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:43 pm

Mondi wrote:This will be my last post addressing CS vs RL until we do have a representative sample from this season.

My view is well documented, and I have stated it long before this preseason began. It is a simple view, I think Cory is a better player and has been for some time. I also think that they should have kept him over Roberto.

That being said, the decision has been made and Luongo is on the team. I still think he's a serviceable player with all-star potential for this season.

Any inferences drawn about the debate between the two are based on 3+ years of comparison. Not on two games last season (where it is widely documented Cory was injured) and not on this preseason.

My questions merely was whether anyone would prefer Luongo's first game in this preseason or Cory's? I think any rational poster would agree Cory has had a better start to the preseason.

And that question was in response to the revisionist homers around here who are all of a sudden trumpeting Luongo as the better player and Cory as some sort anxious player who is prone to getting lit up, when in fact Luongo has a far longer history of getting lit up in big games.

In closing, I will reiterate that I don't think Luongo is a bad player. I think Cory is currently the better player and that both are very good. I will also state that Luongo's 06-07 was one of the best season by any goaltender, perhaps ever. Therefore, Luongo has had a far better career. He just hasn't been better the last few years.

Its probably a good thing this was your last post concerning RL v CS because its sounds like your in a love affair with CS.
The fact is CS he has not played enough games in the same circumstances that RL has to make any sort of comparison that would be anywhere valid or fair.

and its not revision at all
CS choked in his start against Chicago in 11' and he's 1/1 in 12' and 0 fer in 13' thats a losing record sorry...
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat