Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Post by vic »

Jovocop wrote: Can anyone understand that Luongo is the one who wants out?? Is it too hard to understand??? The only reason why he is still a Canucks is because no team wanted his contract. That is also the reason why Schneider was traded instead. I bet MG will try his best to accommodate Luongo's wish (unless he changed his mind after playing one full season as the number 1 again).
If he wanted out, he wouldn't be here.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

vic wrote:
Jovocop wrote: Can anyone understand that Luongo is the one who wants out?? Is it too hard to understand??? The only reason why he is still a Canucks is because no team wanted his contract. That is also the reason why Schneider was traded instead. I bet MG will try his best to accommodate Luongo's wish (unless he changed his mind after playing one full season as the number 1 again).
Unfortunately, he still has a contract with the Canucks. He could either honour the contract or void the contract. For a very simple reason, $, he reports. Just because he is here, it does not mean that he wants to be here.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Jovocop wrote:Panthers could be in line for new owners
http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/2 ... new-owners
Cliff Viner has been the majority owner of the Panthers since November 2009, and he’s wanted out for a while.
If this thing goes through, it will be good news for the Panthers, who have had to cut payroll and have been limited financially over the past two seasons.
That might be the reason why Tallon did not trade for Luongo. If the sale goes through and Lack has a good season, the situation might be different again next summer.
Makes sense JC.

Funny how quiet they kept that.

If Markstrom shits the bed again... and TT is done... the Cats might be begging for Lou next summer. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

vic wrote:If he wanted out, he wouldn't be here.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Jovocop wrote:
vic wrote:
Unfortunately, he still has a contract with the Canucks. He could either honour the contract or void the contract. For a very simple reason, $, he reports. Just because he is here, it does not mean that he wants to be here.
I don't think he could void the contract. I think if he had that option, he would have used it and gone back to Florida.

Luongo wants out, but he's a professional, and this is a good team. I also think the media has beaten this to death because drama sells. Is anyone shocked one of the best goalies of his generation would be PISSED about being a backup? No shit, tell me more!

Remember when Tim Thomas was supplanted in Boston by Tuukka Rask in 09-10? Well he came back from that demotion and won the Vezina and the Stanley Cup the following season. ;)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Jovocop wrote:
vic wrote:
I don't think he could void the contract. I think if he had that option, he would have used it and gone back to Florida.

Luongo wants out, but he's a professional, and this is a good team. I also think the media has beaten this to death because drama sells. Is anyone shocked one of the best goalies of his generation would be PISSED about being a backup? No shit, tell me more!

Remember when Tim Thomas was supplanted in Boston by Tuukka Rask in 09-10? Well he came back from that demotion and won the Vezina and the Stanley Cup the following season. ;)
Don't fuck wit da Hockey Gods™ :eh:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
The_Pauser wrote: Sounds great. We can sign the Sedins to retirement contracts, give away our 2011 playoff MVP and go back to Cloutier-esque goaltending (at least this way people can blame goaltending as a reason why the Sedins never won a Cup here) and we can party like it's 2003.

The fans of this town don't deserve a Cup.

How old are you Pauster ? If I had to guess I'd say 18. Even though you behave like a 12 year old on here you have been around for five or six years so you can't be that young.
So because I'm sick of the stupidity and hypocrisy that exists amongst Canuck fans, the media, (hell and even the team itself) I must be 18 or 12? Give me a break!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Pauster your rants are misguided at best and if you don't think Lu wants out your head is so far up your ass you can lick your rib cage clean.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Pauster your rants are misguided at best and if you don't think Lu wants out your head is so far up your ass you can lick your rib cage clean.
Misguided? Why? Because the stupid fans of this team blame Luongo for everything? It's like it's his fault that we can't score. Don't blame the Sedins for our lack of offense, blame Luongo! It's downright stupid!

I could care less if Luongo wants out. He's signed long-term to a contract. If a good trade comes up then it's something to look at, sure. But to just give Luongo away because he wants out is downright stupid.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

The_Pauser wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Pauster your rants are misguided at best and if you don't think Lu wants out your head is so far up your ass you can lick your rib cage clean.
Misguided? Why? Because the stupid fans of this team blame Luongo for everything? It's like it's his fault that we can't score. Don't blame the Sedins for our lack of offense, blame Luongo! It's downright stupid!

I could care less if Luongo wants out. He's signed long-term to a contract. If a good trade comes up then it's something to look at, sure. But to just give Luongo away because he wants out is downright stupid.
Because we all know that guys who don't want to be somewhere perform so well.....
darren
CC Veteran

Post by darren »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:Just look at the guy at the opposite end of the nets, now that was a guy who held the fort and played like a true conn smythe trophy winner.
Yet another poster who can't remember how game 2 of the SCF ended.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

[quote="Strangelove"][quote="Rumsfeld"]
OK, so Luongo is a top 3 goaltender in the league RIGHT NOW... who couldn't be traded for a second round pick or two. :lol:

Holy shit, every GM in the league must be retarded.
[/quote]

Maybe they were hesitant to trade for a guy who had his heart set on being a Panther [img]http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/image ... /dunno.gif[/img]

... which would make Dale Tallon the retard. :mrgreen:

All I know is Luongo is the #1 on a contender and Panic Attack is a backup on a lottery team. :mex:[/quote]

Luongo couldn't be moved because of his contract. That was the biggest issue.

Schneider will start more games than Brodeur and Luongo was the back-up to Schneider last season.

Luongo is the Canucks starter because of his contract. Nothing else.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Bigtuna..for rgive me if this is known..
Vancouver canucks are your #2 team? Is that correct?
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

rats19 wrote:Bigtuna..for rgive me if this is known..
No.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

BigTuna wrote:
rats19 wrote:Bigtuna..for rgive me if this is known..
No.
Then that begs the question....wtf you doing here? Help me out, what's in it for you? How many other team sites do you belong?
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….