CC Random thread

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: CC Random thread

Post by Topper »

CFP! wrote:Anyone have experience in having intl students as home-stays? We live super close to a university in Colwood and have applied with our only exp being visiting other families with students. We were told to avoid E. European and students from the middle east.....

Any exp at your house?
My sister had a couple of Korean students for a while. My sister inlaw has a Japanese girl at her place (I think its the second one she's had there). I haven't heard of any problems.

They try to entertain them a bit with sightseeing and the odd excursion, but they also have their work/family schedules and the exchange students have their schedules. Meals and a bedroom and your set. In both cases it helped that my sister and my sister inlaw have teen age kids that help out with socializing.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

Topper wrote:
CFP! wrote:Anyone have experience in having intl students as home-stays? We live super close to a university in Colwood and have applied with our only exp being visiting other families with students. We were told to avoid E. European and students from the middle east.....

Any exp at your house?
My sister had a couple of Korean students for a while. My sister inlaw has a Japanese girl at her place (I think its the second one she's had there). I haven't heard of any problems.

They try to entertain them a bit with sightseeing and the odd excursion, but they also have their work/family schedules and the exchange students have their schedules. Meals and a bedroom and your set. In both cases it helped that my sister and my sister inlaw have teen age kids that help out with socializing.

Yah, we aren't too worried about it. We will be housing either Japanese/Chinese or Korean. Not sure where my preference lies at this point but it looks as though we will get a sack of balls. Thats ok, wifey no likey, haha

We have two other students on our street so we are hoping he/she will be over there most of the time so he/she doesn't take up my man room kitchen. haha In all seriousness we aren't doing it bcs we need moola etc, but having the moola and saving the rec room and kitchen plus the moola means we dont have to rent to some creepy fellow or lady with cats.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

We had a couple of Columbian chickeeetas stay with us

8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Do the Ginger nerd geektards in the Rogers ads get wedgies from the plastic fantastic frat boys in the Tommy Hilfiger house?

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Americans are strapping mattresses to their backs to cushion the fall off the fiscal cliff. Best to use the mattresses they stuff their money in.

Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

The guys get shirts!

I hope AV gives the team a good talking to :evil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfp7v3ZtPW8

You guys have 3 fucking days to get it together...you take your fucking money an I want substance....no one is indispensable

:lol:
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

R.I.P. Waldorf.

Shuttin' down for some classy new condos.

http://www.news1130.com/2013/01/09/wald ... id=dlvr.it
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national ... hes/67864/

Michele Catalano was looking for information online about pressure cookers. Her husband, in the same time frame, was Googling backpacks. Wednesday morning, six men from a joint terrorism task force showed up at their house to see if they were terrorists. Which prompts the question: How'd the government know what they were Googling?
Looks like the terrorists have won. :(

Oh well.
They were peppering my husband with questions. Where is he from? Where are his parents from? They asked about me, where was I, where do I work, where do my parents live. Do you have any bombs, they asked. Do you own a pressure cooker? My husband said no, but we have a rice cooker. Can you make a bomb with that? My husband said no, my wife uses it to make quinoa. What the hell is quinoa, they asked. ...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

(just because the terrorists have won doesn't mean we can't still have a chuckle from time to tine)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

So when u wank to Arab ho's...do u get an x by your name?

Cuz I may have this friend... :look:
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Is A-Rod now the biggest bucket of scum in pro sports.

While denying his own guilt and appealing his suspension, 60 Minutes is saying someone in A-Rod's inner circle released the leaks that implicated Braun among others including a Yankee team mate. A-Rod is denying the leak came from his group.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_ ... is-scandal

Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Strangelove wrote:
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national ... hes/67864/

Michele Catalano was looking for information online about pressure cookers. Her husband, in the same time frame, was Googling backpacks. Wednesday morning, six men from a joint terrorism task force showed up at their house to see if they were terrorists. Which prompts the question: How'd the government know what they were Googling?
Looks like the terrorists have won. :(

Oh well.
They were peppering my husband with questions. Where is he from? Where are his parents from? They asked about me, where was I, where do I work, where do my parents live. Do you have any bombs, they asked. Do you own a pressure cooker? My husband said no, but we have a rice cooker. Can you make a bomb with that? My husband said no, my wife uses it to make quinoa. What the hell is quinoa, they asked. ...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

(just because the terrorists have won doesn't mean we can't still have a chuckle from time to tine)
There is no flaw, the system works perfectly....

PKD isa God :D
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Top climate scientists admit global warming forecasts were wrong

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/enviro ... wrong.html
____
Try to focus on someday.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Strangelove wrote:Top climate scientists admit global warming forecasts were wrong

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/enviro ... wrong.html
It's not called Global Warming anymore stupid....it's called Climate Change...meaning it is unpredictable, extreme and unprecedented*

*THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE PEOPLE FOR THE PEOPLE AGAINST IGNORAMUSES
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

You wasted your whole life on "Sustainability"!! Image
____
Try to focus on someday.