Holy Crap! Preseason GM-2 Oilers @ Canucks

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Holy Crap! Preseason GM-2 Oilers @ Canucks

Post by SKYO »

wtf no gdt yet!?!
S-Pac 7pm

Danny-Hank-Kassassin
Shinkaruk-Richardson-HoneyBadger
Gaunce-Santorelli-DeFazio
Stuart-Horvat-Jensen

Garrison-Juice
Andersson-Mullen
Tanev

Luongo
Eriksson
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Holy Crap! Preseason GM-2 Oilers @ Canucks

Post by Benjo »

Channel will be available shortly. WTF shaw
CC Veteran

Post by Sticky »

Blacked out in Chilliwack?... WTF? Like anyone is gonna leave the beauty of the Valley to blow any dough watching the kids scrimmage... Get bent, you greedy morons.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

If you need air...call it in
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

oh and its on splortsnet...isn't it?
If you need air...call it in
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

yeah blacked out in some places & on s-west and s-one.

Shinkaruk and Gaunce so far are the best of the young guns. :thumbs:
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

pre-season crap.

Luongo was cold and then he had a great 2nd.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

SKYO wrote:yeah blacked out in some places & on s-west and s-one.

Shinkaruk and Gaunce so far are the best of the young guns. :thumbs:
Yeah, Gaunce is look'n good still.

I like what they said that with the Sedin Sisters on PK duty that they are a threat to score shorthanded being crafty and creative like. That is if they don't break a foot blocking shots :shock:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Lou wasn't good.

First goal not really his fault, shallower net means forwards have more speed going around behind and he was holding the post and lost sight of the puck.

Second goal through a screen, but once again right through him.

Absolutely horrible on the third goal, and should definitely have had the fourth.

Bounced back in the 2nd period.

Too bad our offense isn't looking like it will be the 2011 team that can comeback from most early deficits.

It's not that I'm embarrassed to lose to the Oilers when Richardson and Hansen are our 2nd line vets with Shinkaruk completing the trio. It's that we could only score a single goal on Devin Fucking Dubnyk.
cjc
CC Veteran

Post by cjc »

Not watching. Torts gives me the runs.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Arachnid wrote:
SKYO wrote:Shinkaruk and Gaunce so far are the best of the young guns. :thumbs:
Yeah, Gaunce is look'n good still.

I like what they said that with the Sedin Sisters on PK duty that they are a threat to score shorthanded being crafty and creative like. That is if they don't break a foot blocking shots :shock:
Yeah I think with a new coach and increased ice time the Sedin's should be back into the top 15-20 in scoring in the league, best to re-sign em now before that happens!!!
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Mëds wrote:Lou wasn't good.

Bounced back in the 2nd period.

Too bad our offense isn't looking like it will be the 2011 team that can comeback from most early deficits.

It's not that I'm embarrassed to lose to the Oilers when Richardson and Hansen are our 2nd line vets with Shinkaruk completing the trio. It's that we could only score a single goal on Devin Fucking Dubnyk.
We all know Lu sucks till the end of October, so it's meh for now till November.

As for Richardson dude is a beast checking center! I'm not expecting the world from him but he looks like a bargain signing as he's a solid in his prime checking 3rd line center we've been after since Manny's injury.

Can't really judge this team yet till after the first dozen games in the real season, because right now it's solely just seeing if any of the rookies/prospects is worthy of giving a roster position for full time development on the Canucks squad this 2013/14 season.

And of course get the vet's in game condition, shake the rust off yada yada.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Surprise, surprise, Luongo looked horrible in his first outing.

The Sedins and Kassian were strong. Easily could've potted a couple, and controlled play while they were on the ice. Didn't see much shooting from Dank though.

Richardson is looking like a solid signing. At the very least he'll fill in Lapierre's role well. Santorelli looks like another solid signing. At the very least, he may be an upgrade over Andrew Ebbett, and at the most I think he has a legitimate shot at playing a regular role.

Bieksa and Tanev looked rusty, to say the least. Just like last season, Tanev got crushed multiple times. He is bound to get injured if he keeps taking monster hits on the forecheck.

I thought Gaunce had another strong game. Whacked in another loose puck, but I thought he was a solid in both ends. He's definitely looking like he has that two-way potential, and he has the kind of size you want to see in a center nowadays. I haven't noticed his skating being an issue, which was one of the knocks on him.

Shinkaruk was flying again, and looks like a steal at the 24th pick. This kid has high end offensive skills, and I don't think his size will be an issue because he plays the game with so much tenacity. Twice he tried setting up guys for good looks in the second period and just missed.

I didn't see much out of Horvat that I liked or disliked, which I guess is sort of his MO. I want to see some more offensive spark from him in the remaining games.

Andersson looks like a very good 5th round draft pick. He'll be playing in Utica this season for sure, and he may have a shot at playing with the big club at some point this season.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

herb wrote: I didn't see much out of Horvat that I liked or disliked, which I guess is sort of his MO. I want to see some more offensive spark from him in the remaining games.
One of the things I recall reading about Horvat is that there's nothing fancy about his game, he's not significantly better than any other player at any specific skill but the bigger the game the better he plays.

I know people will say that these are the biggest games of his life right now if he wants to make the team but he may see the writing on the wall and realize with the amount of players competing for centre spots the likelihood of the Canucks burning a year on his entry level deal are about slim and none right now.

He's going to be a playoff performer.

He'll be back in junior and have a great year. Play in the WJC and look fantastic, and then play again in the Memorial Cup and be the MVP. :thumbs:
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Well Torts must be pleased, 'cause Luongo looked "stiffer" than hell out there!

Haha.

Royaldude's team was really flying in the first, lots of speed and skill out there. Wouldn't be surprised to see them finally make the playoffs this year.

I'm so sick of Kevin Bieksa.

Thought Kassian looked pretty good for the most part, Gaunce looked OK (again), and Horvat was pretty meh. The way people talk about this kid I expected a little more, but whatever. It's his first little taste of NHL opposition.

Shinkaruk looks more NHL-ready to me than Bo does, which totally contradicts their scouting reports after draft day.

Jensen looks bad. Like alarmingly bad. If he turns out to be a bust then our prospect depth is a lot shallower than we thought.

Schroeder needs to get on the ice soon.

Hall and Eberle looked like the most talented players on the ice. And the Sedins were playing.

Booth missing a full camp and preseason after coming off a bad injury and barely playing last year (and sucking when he did) does not bode well for him doing jack shit this season. I had high hopes for him but they were based on attending camp and playing in the preseason. We all saw how much a similar layoff affected Kesler the last couple seasons, and Kesler is a much better player than Booth.

Wanna see Torts behind the bench for the next one.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society