Holy Crap Preseason Has Started - Sharks @ Canucks

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

herb
CC Legend

Holy Crap Preseason Has Started - Sharks @ Canucks

Post by herb »

7:00 pm PST on Rogers Sportsnet Pacific

The first game of the Canucks preseason schedule is tonight. Looks like Torts is giving the "kids" a chance to show what they can do. The Canucks lineup is expected to be as follows:

Alex Burrows - Ryan Kesler - Hunter Shinkaruk
Nicklas Jensen - Brendan Gaunce - Pascal Pelltier
Tom Sestito - Bo Horvat - Dale Weise
Darren Archinald - Kellan Lain - Zach Hamill

Dan Hamhuis - Frankie Corrado
Yannick Weber - Henrik Tommernes
Alex Biega - Andrew Alberts

Eddie Lack
Joe Cannata

Lack is expected to play the first two periods while Cannata will play the third. I'm interested to see how Shinkaruk looks with Kesler and Burrows. Horvat and Lain may be vying for that fourth line centre position to start the season, and I'm excited to see what they look like.

Edit: Here's the Shark's expected roster.

Pavelski, Desjardins, Sheppard, Steward, Burish, McCarthy, Hertl, Reid, Wingels, Oleksuk, Tarasov, Hamilton

Demers, Hannan, Irwin, Petrecki, DeMelo, Tennyson

Stalock
Sateri
Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: Holy Crap Preseason Has Started - Sharks @ Canucks

Post by Arachnid »

herb wrote:7:00 pm PST on Rogers Sportsnet Pacific

The first game of the Canucks preseason schedule is tonight. Looks like Torts is giving the "kids" a chance to show what they can do. The Canucks lineup is expected to be as follows:

Alex Burrows - Ryan Kesler - Hunter Shinkaruk
Nicklas Jensen - Brendan Gaunce - Pascal Pelltier
Tom Sestito - Bo Horvat - Dale Weise
Darren Archinald - Kellan Lain - Zach Hamill

Dan Hamhuis - Frankie Corrado
Yannick Weber - Henrik Tommernes
Alex Biega - Andrew Alberts

Eddie Lack
Joe Cannata

Lack is expected to play the first two periods while Cannata will play the third. I'm interested to see how Shinkaruk looks with Kesler and Burrows. Horvat and Lain may be vying for that fourth line centre position to start the season, and I'm excited to see what they look like.

Edit: Here's the Shark's expected roster.

Pavelski, Desjardins, Sheppard, Steward, Burish, McCarthy, Hertl, Reid, Wingels, Oleksuk, Tarasov, Hamilton

Demers, Hannan, Irwin, Petrecki, DeMelo, Tennyson

Stalock
Sateri
Oh man that looks good on here....been soooooooooo long for a full season *wipes memory of the strike shortened kakapoopoo year*

Play the hungry young'ns Torts!

Go Canucks!
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Guess Gaunce getting called out by Sutter is just what the doctor ordered.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Clear the track, here comes Lack!

So far, I've liked what I've seen from Lack, Horvat, Tommernes (sp?) and Shinkaruk. Gaunce has had some good shifts, aside from his Johnny on the spot goal. Lain looks very promising as a potential future 4th line centre, and Archibald has made some nice plays.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Shinkaruk just stole the show with that shot...wow
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Shinkaruk is looking like a steal

Gaunce looked decent

Like this Lain for the 4th line centre position

Decent showing by the prospects. Corrado, Horvat and Jensen looked decent as well. You can see that Horvat possesses a high IQ for the game, doesn't panic with the puck
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Yeah Shinkaruks goal was dirty. It's not NHL level competition obviously but he just .. yeah. Great job potting one at that angle.

Also, it's not fair to mock but LOL at his dad getting all misty up in the stands..
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Shinkaruk's goal was just dirty...good speed, good footwork and the kid has got some serious puck skills. It has been a long while since we saw somebody with those kind of hands come through this organization, nevermind an 18 year old kid.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

dbr wrote:Yeah Shinkaruks goal was dirty. It's not NHL level competition obviously but he just .. yeah. Great job potting one at that angle.

Also, it's not fair to mock but LOL at his dad getting all misty up in the stands..
What's to Mock? Is there something wrong seeing a dad get emotional for having seen his son score his first pre-season goal in the NHL? Do you not have kids, dbr! If so, that might explain it
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

RoyalDude wrote:What's to Mock? Is there something wrong seeing a dad get emotional for having seen his son score his first pre-season goal in the NHL? Do you not have kids, dbr! If so, that might explain it
A lot of people mock crying, especially guys doing it, we're not all blubbering eyetalians you know RD and for some people it's way outside of 'normal' behaviour.

As for me I'm not mocking but I did laugh. I don't know, it's compelling. It must be a hell of a feeling and to be perfectly honest it makes me want to go put a boy in my wife and then relentlessly push him into hockey whether he wants it or not.

Or you know, just encourage my kid and then take pride in her achievements wherever they are..
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

RoyalDude wrote:
dbr wrote:Yeah Shinkaruks goal was dirty. It's not NHL level competition obviously but he just .. yeah. Great job potting one at that angle.

What's to Mock? Is there something wrong seeing a dad get emotional for having seen his son score his first pre-season goal in the NHL? Do you not have kids, dbr! If so, that might explain it
You called it BikerDude, it is the time for the proud parents to shine, to express their hearts...after years of sacrifice, early early mornings, forgoing a family vacation for a better hockey school or higher league for Hunter...what else would you expect when their son hit's his big league dream and scores his first goal in a Canucks uni. Yeah it's pre-season but it was sweet enough. Some are clueless and just don't get it. Thank the universe the emotionally retarded and racist don't breed eh?! :wink:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Nuckertuzzi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Nuckertuzzi »

Every goal sounds the 'ca-ching' chime....I'd be crying too.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Apparently Luongo cried when Shinkaruk scored as well.

He's actually never met the kid, he just loves to cry.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Rumsfeld wrote:Apparently Luongo cried when Shinkaruk scored as well.

He's actually never met the kid, he just loves to cry.
I wonder if Shortorella cried too... fuck i'll cry if he does that during a regular season game against the sharks.

better yet I'd love to watch the sharks cry if he does that during a playoff game!....

okay Ima step away from the glue now..
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

dbr wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:What's to Mock? Is there something wrong seeing a dad get emotional for having seen his son score his first pre-season goal in the NHL? Do you not have kids, dbr! If so, that might explain it
A lot of people mock crying, especially guys doing it, we're not all blubbering eyetalians you know RD and for some people it's way outside of 'normal' behaviour.
LMAO...Shit dbr, you are one TOUGH mofo son of a bitch. DO NOT MESS WITH YOU! HELL NO!