Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by ukcanuck »

dbr wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:There is no other way to describe pursuing Thomas than a pure scramble to find a legit NHL goalie. The guys a year out of the game and old as the tea bags floating in Boston harbour.
You're right.
Luongo would have been a great fit end of story
You're right.

Luongo [and his contract], on the other hand...
It's a pointless argument now, but I think that tallon will be wishing he took that contract before the season is over. If Florida gets their ass handed to them consistently because they have an old fat fuck in net sucking up dollars for donuts...

dumb move if the owners look at the 2690 season ticket holders and the last place finish and conclude, we're going in a different direction there Dale...
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

ukcanuck wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:
I fear we are the victims of your poor social skills, even worse hockey knowledge, gleeful pathetic humour and homoerotic relationships with certain posters but hey, that doesn't stop us being ol' cyber pals does it? Right my fellow Canucklehead?! :P
Of course it doesn't stop us from being pals ! I wouldn't know what to do without the source of abuse and the opportunity to validate my self- loathing that my friends here present to me on a daily basis.

You can't get this dysfunction just anywhere you know lol

Btw Mëds is one of my favourite posters. he always has something to say that I disagree with but you cannot knock his passion.
Or assholes™ :D It's all good brah' What would we do without Brian & his little oasis of Canuck fan misfits. Still the best place on the interweb to get my fix of the team.
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ukcanuck wrote: dumb move if the owners look at the 2690 season ticket holders and the last place finish and conclude, we're going in a different direction there Dale...
Agreed, when you're running a shit team that has nothing more than potential going for it

... and a living legend comes calling

... well you just don't say 'no'.

The increased ticket sales would have easily paid Luongo's salary and then some.

Panther ownership was quick to state they'd love to take on Lou and his contract.

So it seems clear Tallon assured them Luongo is done like dinner and Markstrom is the Cat's meow.

Yup, when Lou shines and Markstrom continues to falter DT is definitely adios muchachos.

And now let's see, Luongo is 34 and Thomas is 39....
Last edited by Strangelove on Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Arachnid wrote: Or assholes™ :D It's all good brah' What would we do without Brian & his little oasis of Canuck fan misfits. Still the best place on the interweb to get my fix of the team.
Masochist. :scowl:
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote:
ukcanuck wrote: dumb move if the owners look at the 2690 season ticket holders and the last place finish and conclude, we're going in a different direction there Dale...
Agreed, when you're running a shit team that has nothing more than potential going for it

... and a living legend comes calling

... well you just don't say 'no'.

The increased ticket sales would have easily paid Luongo's salary and then some.

Panther ownership was quick to state they'd love to take on Lou and his contract.

So it seems clear Tallon assured them Luongo is done like dinner and Markstrom is the Cat's meow.

Yup, when Lou shines and Markstrom continues to falter DT is definitely adios muchachos.

And now let's see, Luongo is 34 and Thomas is 39....
Thomas had major league horse shoes the last couple of seasons with Boston and he had a Stanley cup calibre defence in front of him. He is going to get absolutely lit up if he comes out of retirement for the panthers. He's gonna need sunscreen from all ultraviolet rays coming off the goal light.

Oh well, I guess we'll just have to make do with Lou..

...That should be the new marketing phrase this year :D

I'm looking forward to a lot of hypocritical back pedalling this season.
And I hope Lou has got his swinging middle finger in the air for all the doubters.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Florida will get another crack at the living legend (lol) next year.

There's no way in fuck this relationship lasts much longer.

Maybe Timmay's just a stop-gap in the meantime...
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

ukcanuck wrote:
Mëds wrote:
Madcombinepilot wrote:When Brad Boyes ( 35 points last year) has a PTO and no contract, Manny will be hard pressed to even get that..

Unfortunately, Manny is a victim of timing.
When it comes to getting a contract and a chance to play hockey professionally, I have difficulty assigning the label of "victim" to any professional hockey player who has already made millions of dollars playing a game.

Malhotra is a victim of a bad injury, no question.

But really, when you assign the label of a victim to people who suffered and died during the holocaust, or some of the innocents of the war torn middle east, then using that label to describe a guy who just can't get a minimum six figure contract just seems to be too much of a stretch.
Lol the ambulance driver has trouble seeing someone as a victim...
Probably should work on your empathy skills on your next course there Mëds :)
Wow. It took over 12 hours before someone actually bit on that. This board has really dried up through August.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

ukcanuck wrote:
Of course it doesn't stop us from being pals ! I wouldn't know what to do without the source of abuse and the opportunity to validate my self- loathing that my friends here present to me on a daily basis.

You can't get this dysfunction just anywhere you know lol

Btw Mëds is one of my favourite posters. he always has something to say that I disagree with but you cannot knock his passion.
Where would the fun be if we agreed on everything?
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Jovocop wrote:Is Booth still considered expensive?? At least Booth can hit hard and play defense... :mrgreen:
Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper
#Sabres Hodgson's new 6 year #NHL deal is worth 25.5M. Cap hit of 4.5M.
Kadri 99GP 26G 37A +13, 0.64ppg $2.9m per season x 2
Hodgson 139GP 35G 42A -2, 0.55ppg $4.5m per season x 6

All of a sudden, Nonis looks like a genius... :lol:
Maybe Buffalo recognizes offensive skill when they see it and think 4.5 will be a bargain in a few years. Kid was on a 25-goal pace last year and he's just getting started in this league.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Rumsfeld wrote: Maybe Buffalo recognizes offensive skill when they see it and think 4.5 will be a bargain in a few years. Kid was on a 25-goal pace last year and he's just getting started in this league.
As much as I loathe Hodgson, I expect the salary cap too be over $100m by the end of that deal

... meaning his salary will not be much more than the average NHL salary.

Also if he busts, the buyout wouldn't be ridiculous.

I still see him as an average 2nd line centre in his prime.

An unliked-by-teammates shit-head 2nd line centre, but a 2nd line centre.

If so, that will turn into a good deal for the Sabres.

It's $4.25m per by the way (Kypreos screwed up the math, surprise, surprise).
____
Try to focus on someday.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Strangelove wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote: Maybe Buffalo recognizes offensive skill when they see it and think 4.5 will be a bargain in a few years. Kid was on a 25-goal pace last year and he's just getting started in this league.
As much as I loathe Hodgson, I expect the salary cap too be over $100m by the end of that deal

Wow. That is some optimism, to assume that revenues will continue to grow at around 9% a year. I think you are going to see a much slower rate of growth, probably 4-5%. I like CoHo, so I hope he earns every penny of his contract.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

With a falling Canuck buck and no economic recovery south of 49.

Vancouver already ran into corporate sponsorship difficulty in the playoffs last year. Do you expect Rodgers/Bell to support all the teams?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Topper wrote:With a falling Canuck buck and no economic recovery south of 49.

Vancouver already ran into corporate sponsorship difficulty in the playoffs last year. Do you expect Rodgers/Bell to support all the teams?
Yeah, I cannot see an increase any time soon for our payroll if the dollar continues to slide. Unless Tampon Arena™ sounds good and they make the uniforms red.... :look:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

"$45.5 Million Dollars over 7 years for Alex Pietrangelo in St.Louis."
~John Shannon

And the perfect 4th liner, ‏
#CBJ sign RW Jared Boll to a three-year contract extension.
@Aportzline
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

SKYO wrote:"$45.5 Million Dollars over 7 years for Alex Pietrangelo in St.Louis."
~John Shannon
Damn, that's a great cap hit and term for a guy who will likely be a Norris contender for years to come.

St. Loo's blue line is stacked.