Young Stars Tournament and Related Musings

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Young Stars Tournament and Related Musings

Postby dbr » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:00 am

RoyalDude wrote:Somebody reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaally likes Subban

Good on ya

Meh. I don't particularly like Subban or his chances, which are certainly worse at 5'9 than they would be at 6'1, but it's pretty obvious that skilled defensemen with speed to burn (like Subban) can get into the league without their height holding them back.

What I dislike is your awful reasoning and lazy ass posting.

Hey remember when Dan Hamhuis was too short to be an effective top four defenseman on this team? :lol:
dbr
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby RoyalDude » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:52 am

Here's the gyst of my low expectations on the prospects
of Subban. Him and Schroeder are the exact same build - 5'-9" 177 lbs. All I have to do is try to imagine Schroeder playing defense in the NHL and it just isn't pretty
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Arachnid » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:56 am

dbr wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Somebody reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaally likes Subban

Good on ya

Meh. I don't particularly like Subban or his chances, which are certainly worse at 5'9 than they would be at 6'1, but it's pretty obvious that skilled defensemen with speed to burn (like Subban) can get into the league without their height holding them back.

What I dislike is your awful reasoning and lazy ass posting.

Hey remember when Dan Hamhuis was too short to be an effective top four defenseman on this team? :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I wonder if the diminutive D has ever been played at the forward spot. I'd pay to see that. I pesky little black devil that knows how to back check.

DO IT JT!
There is no such thing as climate change...there is no such thing as climate change...there is such thing as climate change...
Arachnid
CC Legend

Postby Rumsfeld » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:53 pm

LOL, Royaldude was all pissed at me last season for saying Schroeder is too small to play bottom six center.

BTW, if Subban's 5'9 then I'm 6'4.
Cowards die a thousand times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Arachnid » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:15 pm

Rumsfeld wrote:LOL, Royaldude was all pissed at me last season for saying Schroeder is too small to play bottom six center.

BTW, Subban is 9 1/5" then I'm 6 1/4".

:arrow:
There is no such thing as climate change...there is no such thing as climate change...there is such thing as climate change...
Arachnid
CC Legend

Previous

Return to Canucks Corner Chat