From Bountiful to Ponoka

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Postby Topper » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:10 am

BCExpat wrote:I'm willing to see what he can do for the next three seasons or so. :mex:

Four more years.

Glad you finally agree.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Postby Rayxor » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:34 am

Meds wrote:Enter Kiprusoff and Dutter. A miracle trip to the Finals in 2004, that was VERY reminiscent of Anaheim's run on the back of Giguere, and suddenly the Flames are the post lockout hockey world's heavy favorites.

They didn't add much in the way of marquis talent either.

They had a good regular season, won the NW, and then got bounced in 7 by the Ducks in the first round.

For some reason they were still considered a contender for a few more seasons despite 3 more quarter final exits.

The ONLY reason they were considered a contender was that Kipper continued to show he could steal games, and if he can do that, he can steal a series. Add a bit of luck and you got a recipe for a long playoff run. The fans and management drank the koolaid and overpaid for immediate results. They then spent half a decade longer than the rest of the world believing they were one or two players away from a championship team.
Rayxor
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby Tciso » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:09 am

Rayxor wrote:
Meds wrote:Enter Kiprusoff and Dutter. A miracle trip to the Finals in 2004, that was VERY reminiscent of Anaheim's run on the back of Giguere, and suddenly the Flames are the post lockout hockey world's heavy favorites.

They didn't add much in the way of marquis talent either.

They had a good regular season, won the NW, and then got bounced in 7 by the Ducks in the first round.

For some reason they were still considered a contender for a few more seasons despite 3 more quarter final exits.

The ONLY reason they were considered a contender was that Kipper continued to show he could steal games, and if he can do that, he can steal a series. Add a bit of luck and you got a recipe for a long playoff run. The fans and management drank the koolaid and overpaid for immediate results. They then spent half a decade longer than the rest of the world believing they were one or two players away from a championship team.

I think that most analysts have them figured out now, and even with Burkie Baby, they will be fighting for the 1st round pick for a few years.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Tciso
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby BCExpat » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:06 am

Topper wrote:
BCExpat wrote:I'm willing to see what he can do for the next three seasons or so. :mex:

Four more years.

Glad you finally agree.

Finally agree?? I never thought otherwise. These guys are at rock bottom - you don't go from rock bottom to a contender or even a playoff team in less than that time frame. I think it could even be more than 3 or 4 years before they are even fighting for a playoff spot. I'm willing to sit it out. :mex:

Anyway, if the team looks like it still isn't going anywhere in about 4 years, then I'll admit that the Burke experiment was a failure. In four years, I would expect the team to be at least competing for a playoff spot, and have lots of good propects at all positions, ready to take the next step. I just hope the Flames ownership has the same opinion.
Feaster Famine
BCExpat
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby Strangelove » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:17 pm

Meds wrote:This is an organization that has only gone beyond the first round once in 24 years. In 12 of those years they missed the playoffs entirely.

Some in Lameland cling to the hope that in four more years they will be potentially improved. :wink:

Truth is, the Lames and the Leaves suck because the Great Strangelove's will power is a mighty, mighty thing.
____
The Ring Leader
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby BCExpat » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:47 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Meds wrote:This is an organization that has only gone beyond the first round once in 24 years. In 12 of those years they missed the playoffs entirely.

Some in Lameland cling to the hope that in four more years they will be potentially improved. :wink:

Truth is, the Lames and the Leaves suck because the Great Strangelove's will power is a mighty, mighty thing.

Why hasn't your mighty, mighty will power brought the Canucks a Stanley Cup? :roll:
Feaster Famine
BCExpat
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby Madcombinepilot » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:16 am

BCExpat wrote:
Why hasn't your mighty, mighty will power brought the Canucks a Stanley Cup? :roll:

Dude...

The Lord works in mysterious ways!
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with untill you understand I am in charge.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Postby Larry Goodenough » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:53 pm

Madcombinepilot wrote:
BCExpat wrote:

Dude...

I see the Lord finally got that Circle drive bridge finished too. Looked good.
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Strangelove » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:49 pm

BCExpat wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

The only thing that keeps my old buddy Donlever hanging on is the hope his Vancouver Canucks win the Cup.

Willing the Canucks to win the Cup would be akin to willing Donlever to finally succumb to Death's sweet embrace.

Won't do it damnit, the Canucks are gonna hafta win it all the old-fashioned way. :mex:
____
The Ring Leader
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby Per » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:58 pm

Madcombinepilot wrote:
BCExpat wrote:

Dude...

Lord Stanley, I presume?
Per
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Rumsfeld » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:56 pm

Per wrote:
Madcombinepilot wrote:
BCExpat wrote:

Dude...

Lord Stanley, I presume?

For the love of God, Per... just stop trying to make jokes ok? Swedish sitcoms must be fucking terrible.
Cowards die a thousand times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Uncle dans leg » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:25 am

Rumsfeld wrote: Swedish sitcoms must be fucking terrible.

Ask him about "Lost in the Pancake"

Youre welcome
nobody forks with...the jesus
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Arachnid » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:39 am

Why do posters continue to personally attack Poster Per? He is a good guy and has great insight into EuroTrash Hockey.

I find his humour refreshing, after the stale, uptight Amerikan style most use on here.

Keep on post'n my Sweetish Friend even if it Hurts!
There is no such thing as climate change...there is no such thing as climate change...there is such thing as climate change...
Arachnid
CC Legend

Postby Per » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:05 am

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote: Swedish sitcoms must be fucking terrible.

Ask him about "Lost in the Pancake"

Youre welcome

No, seriously, don't ask! :shock:
Possibly the worst children's show ever made. Ran for several years back in the seventies, when Sweden only had one channel, so there was no switching channels.... :crazy:

People still have nightmares about it. :|
Per
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:03 pm

The inbreds are angry at Bountiful...... mighty mad mongoloids at Camp DArcy.

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?s/=f0f2dff9cd4a401100fb9f33db35dccd&t=130962

Some poster named Stay Golden had to lay down the law. I'm sue there is no fabrication or outright lies in this trainwrek of a thread at the Mongoloid Farm. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tell me how my ass tastes.
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat