Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Postby SKYO » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:35 am

Jovocop wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Wonder if Manny will get a PTO anywhere.


If healthy players have a hard time getting contracts, I doubt Manny has a chance at all. :( He should probably take a coaching job with the Canucks instead.

News1130 Sports ‏@News1130Sports
Former #Canucks forward Manny Maholtra's agent Paul Krepelka says his client has no training camp to attend as of yet.

Yeah worst time ever to be an UFA this summer thanks to the ultra low cap.

I think Manny should take Dave Gagner's spot as Director of Player Development or play overseas if he wants to continue playing.
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3601
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Postby Topper » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:19 pm

It may be tough to get insurance for Manny given the way things finished up in Vancouver.

While the restricted cap this year is an issue, the broader problem is a CBA that once again favours top end talent and production from an ECL over mid tier journeymen.
Last edited by Topper on Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 5016
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Postby Madcombinepilot » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:20 pm

When Brad Boyes ( 35 points last year) has a PTO and no contract, Manny will be hard pressed to even get that..

Unfortunately, Manny is a victim of timing.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with untill you understand I am in charge.
User avatar
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 1955
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:54 am
Location: Saskatoon, Sk.

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Postby herb » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:27 pm

Manny is a victim of being substantially and permanently blinded from a puck to the eyeball.

If he was still viewed as a useful player, he'd have a contract with the Canucks, nevermind be begging for a PTO. Unfortunately, Malhotra is in denial and hasn't come to grips with this reality.
User avatar
herb
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2281
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:17 pm
Location: Mars

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Postby Mondi » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:07 pm

At 1 to 2 million, I'd take Boyes over any Canuck winger not named Sedin, Burrows or Higgins.
User avatar
Mondi
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 851
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:02 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Postby herb » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:29 pm

I would have liked to have seen Boyes here on a PTO.
User avatar
herb
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2281
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:17 pm
Location: Mars

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Postby Strangelove » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:57 pm

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=431582

Apparently the Leaves have re-signed Kadri to a 2-year deal at $2.9mil per.

Now get out there and break a leg Nazem! :twisted:
____
The Ring Leader
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7565
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Postby Lancer » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:02 pm

Strangelove wrote:http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=431582

Apparently the Leaves have re-signed Kadri to a 2-year deal at $2.9mil per.

Now get out there and break a leg Nazem! :twisted:


Now how is the Cheezeburglar going to fit Franson in?

It smells like a prison rape in the making, and I think Burkie's rattling his zipper, calling for his favourite bitch... :twisted:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
User avatar
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1372
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:41 am
Location: Arnprior, Ontario

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Postby Hockey Widow » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:59 pm

I think Franson takes a similar deal. They can still trade JML to a team that needs the cap and a D'man. Look for a deal similar to the Ehrhoff to Vancouver deal. I guess MayRay won't be given a contract though.

Nonis will somehow make it work, he has time until the season starts.
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4267
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Postby Island Nucklehead » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:47 am

Hockey Widow wrote:I think Franson takes a similar deal. They can still trade JML to a team that needs the cap and a D'man. Look for a deal similar to the Ehrhoff to Vancouver deal. I guess MayRay won't be given a contract though.

Nonis will somehow make it work, he has time until the season starts.


Capgeek says Liles has some sort of NTC. With a cap hit of $3.8M, there's only 9 teams in the league that could take him and not have to send any salary back.

New Jersey, Nashville, Carolina, St Louis, Colorado, Buffalo, Ottawa, Florida, Calgary and the Islanders.

St Louis has to re-up Pietrangelo, Buffalo has Hodgson, so count them out. Ottawa won't be doing the Leafs any favours.

I wonder how many of these teams are on JML's NTC list?
User avatar
Island Nucklehead
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4263
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Postby Hockey Widow » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:39 am

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:I think Franson takes a similar deal. They can still trade JML to a team that needs the cap and a D'man. Look for a deal similar to the Ehrhoff to Vancouver deal. I guess MayRay won't be given a contract though.

Nonis will somehow make it work, he has time until the season starts.


Capgeek says Liles has some sort of NTC. With a cap hit of $3.8M, there's only 9 teams in the league that could take him and not have to send any salary back.

New Jersey, Nashville, Carolina, St Louis, Colorado, Buffalo, Ottawa, Florida, Calgary and the Islanders.

St Louis has to re-up Pietrangelo, Buffalo has Hodgson, so count them out. Ottawa won't be doing the Leafs any favours.

I wonder how many of these teams are on JML's NTC list?


Word is he would return to Colorado. He still has a home there. But you are right it will be hard to trade him.
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4267
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Postby dbr » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:20 am

herb wrote:I would have liked to have seen Boyes here on a PTO.


Nothin' wrong with a PTO but I will never look at Boyes the same way after the gutless performance he turned in as a Blue vs. the Canucks in the 2009 playoffs.

I mean I knew he was a one dimensional player, of course..
dbr
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2568
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:37 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Postby Tciso » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:12 pm

Madcombinepilot wrote:When Brad Boyes ( 35 points last year) has a PTO and no contract, Manny will be hard pressed to even get that..

Unfortunately, Manny is a victim of timing.


And a victim of bad vision. He went from a good 3rd line shutdown guy to a 4th liner. MayRay is the bigger cap victim than Manny
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
User avatar
Tciso
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1010
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:44 am

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Postby Jovocop » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:18 pm

Is Booth still considered expensive?? At least Booth can hit hard and play defense... :mrgreen:

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper
#Sabres Hodgson's new 6 year #NHL deal is worth 25.5M. Cap hit of 4.5M.


Kadri 99GP 26G 37A +13, 0.64ppg $2.9m per season x 2
Hodgson 139GP 35G 42A -2, 0.55ppg $4.5m per season x 6

All of a sudden, Nonis looks like a genius... :lol:
User avatar
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1776
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Postby ukcanuck » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:28 pm

So WTF
Now Florida realizes they got shit for goalies and theyre after Tim Thomas out of retirement!?!?!??

I thought dale tallon was supposed to be a smart hockey guy...
User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2433
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], ESQ, hist, JelloPuddingPop and 7 guests