Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby Meds » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:48 am

rats19 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:I can't wait to watch booth run into things as he tries to skate with the puck like its a grenade

Booth is going to have a good year..providing he stays healthy..

24g 34a

There I said it...

30 and 27.

He's no setup man. ;)
Meds
CC Legend

Postby Topper » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:07 am

Potatoe1 wrote:
Topper wrote:Pot is only repeating what GMMG told the season's ticket holders in the open meeting over a month ago. The lineup is full. look for a Utica shuttle filling out the roster.

I think you're just bitter because your boy Raymond couldn't even get a minimum contract.

Oh well :)

And the line up isnt full, there is a "gaping" hole a center, who fills it?

No, I'm only giving the original source. Lest someone think you are an intelligent being.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:57 am

I can't wait to see Booths great tape to tape passes, great ESP hockey sense, defensive play and fantastic anticipation of the cycle and how to play without the puck LMAO
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby dbr » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:53 am

RoyalDude wrote:I can't wait to see Booths great tape to tape passes, great ESP hockey sense, defensive play and fantastic anticipation of the cycle and how to play without the puck LMAO

Whoa buddy, it's the preseason, don't pop a groin straining to tell us all how you really feel.

Ease in and you'll be in midseason form in no time..
dbr
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby RoyalDude » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:55 pm

dbr wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:I can't wait to see Booths great tape to tape passes, great ESP hockey sense, defensive play and fantastic anticipation of the cycle and how to play without the puck LMAO

Whoa buddy, it's the preseason, don't pop a groin straining to tell us all how you really feel.

Ease in and you'll be in midseason form in no time..

Fuck that shit, right off the hop, why wait, Booth is what he is, a waste of a fucking roster spot. Come midseason all talk of Booth, will be "buyout" related
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:57 pm

I could be hallucinating but if I'm a betting man, Topper has a deep rooted disdain for poster Potatoe,
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Topper » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:07 pm

I love potatoes. Fresh mashed with whipping cream, olive oil and roasted garlic, served with gravy and prime rib. It's the reconstituted ten year old freeze dried powdered ones that lack substance.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Postby Strangelove » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:32 pm

RoyalDude wrote:I can't wait to see Booths great tape to tape passes, great ESP hockey sense, defensive play and fantastic anticipation of the cycle and how to play without the puck

If this happens it will no doubt be quickly followed with a conversion to the faith by my ole pal the Dude. :thumbs:
____
Big Dog
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby Potatoe1 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:47 pm

RoyalDude wrote:I could be hallucinating but if I'm a betting man, Topper has a deep rooted disdain for poster Potatoe,

Bitter over having his ass handed to him so frequently.

He likes to take a shot every so often, but all it does is reminds me how much he cares (smile)
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Rumsfeld » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:12 pm

It seems like the Canucks are counting on a helluva lot of unlikely things to go right for them this year. Never a winning proposition.

Kassian and Booth need to rip it up on the second line, Luongo has to return to form, Kesler has to regain '11 beast mode and stay healthy, the twins need to delay their obvious decline and find some edge to their game, Torts has to avoid running our vets out of town, Schroeder has to effectively center a checking line, Edler and Bieksa have to stop turning pucks over...

I dunno mang.

We're still a playoff team but not much more IMO. Hopefully Anaheim and SJ take a step back and we can plug ourselves into second place in the new division.
Cowards die a thousand times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Arachnid » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:16 pm

Rumsfeld wrote:It seems like the Canucks are counting on a helluva lot of unlikely things to go right for them this year. Never a winning proposition.

Kassian and Booth need to rip it up on the second line, Luongo has to return to form, Kesler has to regain '11 beast mode and stay healthy, the twins need to delay their obvious decline and find some edge to their game, Torts has to avoid running our vets out of town, Schroeder has to effectively center a checking line, Edler and Bieksa have to stop turning pucks over...

I dunno mang.

We're still a playoff team but not much more IMO. Hopefully Anaheim and SJ take a step back and we can plug ourselves into second place in the new division.

yah but we have an asshole for a coach and not a glee frenchie... :thumbs:
There is no such thing as climate change...there is no such thing as climate change...there is such thing as climate change...
Arachnid
CC Legend

Postby Hockey Widow » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:13 am

Apparently Dalpe is being waived and if he clears sent to Utica. I didn't realize Jensen is still on the roster due to his injury so the Canucks need to clear a spot for Edler to return. Burrows still counts on roster too as he is not on LTIR, or something like that anyway.

So, if Dalpe gets waived good on MG for realizing he is the player that should be waived and doing it. If he gets claimed then bad on MG for wasting a draft pick and trying for another reclamation project and not letting one of our own young players have a chance to play in the first 8 games.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Postby dbr » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:49 am

Burrows and Jensen are both on IR and will not take up roster spots until they are removed (Jensen will be immediately assigned to Utica, I don't know if he has to take up a roster spot for a brief period before that but I don't see why that would be the case).

Unless I am missing something the Canucks won't have to waive a player until Burrows is healthy - assuming nobody else gets hurt.

Speculation over on another board since Brad Ziemer (I think?) reported Dalpe was saying his goodbyes to his teammates, and that there is no indication he was waived today (deadline has passed) is that he'll be loaned to Utica on a conditioning stint. The league has the right to stop it if they feel it's being done to evade waivers though.
dbr
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Jovocop » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:01 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:Apparently Dalpe is being waived and if he clears sent to Utica. I didn't realize Jensen is still on the roster due to his injury so the Canucks need to clear a spot for Edler to return. Burrows still counts on roster too as he is not on LTIR, or something like that anyway.

So, if Dalpe gets waived good on MG for realizing he is the player that should be waived and doing it. If he gets claimed then bad on MG for wasting a draft pick and trying for another reclamation project and not letting one of our own young players have a chance to play in the first 8 games.

Dalpe never got a chance from JT.

vs SJS 3:19m
vs EDM 6:21m
vs CGY 6:13m
vs NJD 2:30m
vs SJS 3:16m
vs MTL 5:31m

A total ice time of 30:20m, an average of slightly over 5 min per game. Also, he centered Weise, Weber and Sestito.
I am not sure how we can expect him to put up points.
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Strangelove » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:04 pm

Looks like your math is a little off JC.

They have him at 4:32 per game here:

http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/hoc ... r.php?6662

Twould be interesting to see what Dalpe can do with more minutes.

He's supposedly a great goal-scorer at the AHL level.
____
Big Dog
Strangelove
CC Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat