From Bountiful to Ponoka

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote:"Ya gotta believe!"

- Tug McGraw

Hmmm.... wonder why they call him "Tug".... :eh:
Because Quick draw was already taken.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Rumsfeld wrote: Aw, is Burningturd trying to get invited into the get-along gang's homer treehouse? That's cute.

Yuk it up while you can because if you think 60 points this year and 70 the next for Hodgson is "grasping at straws" maybe Bountiful really is the site for you. Ask Blaster86 if you can be his imbecile wingman. :lol:
The doors are always open in the get-along gang. :look: Don't worry Rummy, you can join anytime.

Give Torts a chance to get something out of Kassian and see what happens. As it is, he's barely played a full season of NHL games. Given the current situation (your 60 point bet), Cody's ego appears to be far greater obstacle then his ability.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Rumsfeld wrote:
BurningBeard wrote:I haven't seen so much grasping at straws since Rumsfeld started projecting Hodgson's career.
Aw, is Burningturd trying to get invited into the get-along gang's homer treehouse? That's cute.

Yuk it up while you can because if you think 60 points this year and 70 the next for Hodgson is "grasping at straws" maybe Bountiful really is the site for you. Ask Blaster86 if you can be his imbecile wingman. :lol:

See it's easy to keep preaching positivity to Canucks fans on a Canucks website... it's what the yokels want to hear and
if you're wrong nobody will call you on it. Strangelove has been predicting a Canucks Stanley Cup every year since '07!

But unlike most of you gutless fucks I'm willing to go out on a limb once in a while and actually MAKE some predictions instead of wallowing in the safe little shallow end with the rest of the toddlers. I was Captain Optimist until the '12 playoffs, when I realized this team was not built for playoff hockey and our core was mentally weak. If more of you guys had a set of dropped balls there might actually be some decent debate on this site right now... but people are too scared of being cast out of the pink treehouse where the get-along gang resides.

Sorry that I'm not thrilled about trading away two excellent young players for a shitty return... at a time when we could deperately use them. :roll:

I'm keeping track of all the shots thrown my way and mark my words, I'll be rubbing each and every one of your noses in the shit that's spewing out of your mouths. :sly:

Oh and Burningturd, better get home in time for cucumber sandwhiches. Mëds is coming over for a playdate.

I'm bailing. I hate cucumbers.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Rumours swirl about Burkie joining the Flamers.

There's gotta be some some "beauty" posts about this on calpuk. :P
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Burke signs in Calgary to prove how badly the internet rumours damaged his reputation.

A gem

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showpost.p ... stcount=65
As much as I like Burke and feel he would be valuable to the franchise, it kind of saddens me that Feaster may get canned when he's had a great draft/off-season so far. Him and Weisbrod performed admirably in restocking the prospect cupboard and I wish him well in the future.

tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Burke has gone from being lambasted for years on that site to being a saviour they (mostly) all want in town.

It saddens me that the Flames may hire someone who is much better than Feaster. I see them talking about Burke as GM and Feaster getting promoted etc. I'm thinking Burke doesn't join any organization without holding a president or similar title as well.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Actually Tant, the consensus at Bountiful is King moves up with BB sliding in between King and Feaster. Then Feaster eventually being shown the door for BB to assume Pres/GM.

tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

I don't think you bring Burke in as just a president though. Doesn't seem a role he would like at all given his personality. He enjoys making and building teams and that is best done from the GM chair (in additional to the presidents chair).
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Image Image Image

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Gawd I really dislike that Burke but I'm happy he's with the flames it was going to be difficult to spread my hate so thin what with the leaves and the ducks plus the rangers and the hawks and the bruins so its cool to double down on the lames and which hazel

I also think feaster just got demoted to asst general manager with one missed step away from NHL unployement.

It's also too bad because I think the dumb ass trade history of the flames just ended.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Damn - I wanted the Flames to suck real bad this season and next season, so they could draft Ekblad and McDavid. With Burke as Pres., I don't see them being at the very bottom for long. I'm not saying they will be playoff bound in that time, but I can't see them being the very worst team in the league for that long either.
Last edited by BCExpat on Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Man, Phlegm & 'Nuck games just got a hell of a lot more fun. I can smell the hatred from here.... :D
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Arachnid wrote:Man, Phlegm & 'Nuck games just got a hell of a lot more fun. I can smell the hatred from here.... :D
That's just the smell of you s%*tting your pants now that the Flames have a real hockey person in charge :lol:
Anyway, he has made more good moves than bad, and has improved every team he has been with. So, I'm sure he will expediate the Flames improvement over the next few years.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I love this move.

Burke is yesterdays damaged goods arriving to a team that lacks scoring, size, goaltending and defence. How familiar is that.

Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years, Four More Years,

BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

How is Burke "Damaged Goods"? Just because the uptight Ownership in Toronto didn't like him - it doesn't mean he's damaged goods. Toronto's improvement is directly attributable to Burke. He has improved every team he has been with - including the Canucks, who are still reaping the benefits of his dealings.

Anyway, he is a vast improvement on what the Flames have had previously, and I think he'll make the Flames competitive again. I guess time will tell.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked