Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Post by Rumsfeld »

tantalum wrote:It may of course be true but is likely half truths or complete conjecture.
Well tant, there are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ODB wrote: I read Hodgson is looking for 5 million a season long term and he and Buffalo are far apart. I believe this is the real reason GMMG dealt Hodgson. He saw the righting on the wall and it said problem. Anyway, who cares what I believe? I betcha Hodgson doesn't start the season and the odds of him putting up 65 are slim. Advantage, Strangelove. :thumbs:
:thumbs:

Then there's the injury factor.

*sticks pin into lower back of Hodgson voodoo doll*

Of course a Vanek injury would kill Hodgson's production almost as much as a Hodgson injury amirite? 8-)

(I heard Vanek wants outta Buffalo cuz he HATES Hodgson, he might hafta wait until the trade deadline though).

If I were Rummy I would've tried for a points-per-game type of deal.

Oh well.

____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

https://twitter.com/strombone1

Hey @eddielack I'm warning you now! Don't get any ideas this upcoming season!!! Got it???
____
Try to focus on someday.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Friendly humour ... good to see Lu back to normal ... but I maybe he regards Eriksson as the real competition?
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Strangelove wrote:If I were Rummy I would've tried for a points-per-game type of deal.

Oh well.

Yeah I thought about an injury clause but it seemed like a bitch move.

I lost 300 bucks back in '96(?) because I bet this douche that Bure would score more goals than Mogilny... Bure got Steve Smithed in game 5 of the season, done for the year. Almo promptly pots a 55-spot. :lol:

300 clams was a lotta cake back in '96, I was in College and an assistant manager of a fucking video store!

Haha. Video stores. Remember those?

Nice banana smiley. ;)
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Strangelove wrote:
https://twitter.com/strombone1

Hey @eddielack I'm warning you now! Don't get any ideas this upcoming season!!! Got it???
Eddie Lack @eddielack:

Oh and @strombone1 , I've been practicing at home to be at fast as my idol! pic.twitter
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

Rumsfeld wrote:
Strangelove wrote:If I were Rummy I would've tried for a points-per-game type of deal.

Oh well.

Yeah I thought about an injury clause but it seemed like a bitch move.

I lost 300 bucks back in '96(?) because I bet this douche that Bure would score more goals than Mogilny... Bure got Steve Smithed in game 5 of the season, done for the year. Almo promptly pots a 55-spot. :lol:

300 clams was a lotta cake back in '96, I was in College and an assistant manager of a fucking video store!

Haha. Video stores. Remember those?

Nice banana smiley. ;)

I loved the whole videostore experience and miss it!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

So this is what's been going on in here? :lol:

I haven't logged in for a month and was hoping to read Gillis has added some bag but I guess not...

Lol @ Rummy slowly going to the liquor cabinet. Don't forget angry fucking the old lady from the side cuz it's easier and doesn't hurt your knees. The angry part is just cuz yer old now and some way, somehow, it's her fault...
If you need air...call it in
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Uncle dans leg wrote:So this is what's been going on in here? :lol:

I haven't logged in for a month and was hoping to read Gillis has added some bag but I guess not...

Lol @ Rummy slowly going to the liquor cabinet. Don't forget angry fucking the old lady from the side cuz it's easier and doesn't hurt your knees. The angry part is just cuz yer old now and some way, somehow, it's her fault...
Yudel vare haaaaacccckkkk ubin?
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

I found it really interesting that Lou actually thought about walking away from that contract and void it and become a free agent. He'd probably piss off alot of ppl in the NHLPA and would set a really bad precident, so he's probably not going there.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:

I found it really interesting that Lou actually thought about walking away from that contract and void it and become a free agent. He'd probably piss off alot of ppl in the NHLPA and would set a really bad precident, so he's probably not going there.
I got a feeling that it was never possible to void the contract in the first place especially when there was no CBA in place.
I would be surprised that there was ever any provision for voiding a contract in either the old CBA or the new one...

That would be suicidal for keeping salaries high from a players perspective
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Think the only way he could do it would be the retirement way that Kovalchuk went. We would then have our cap recapture penalty applied. He would then have to either sit out or get a contract in Russia or somewhere and then try to come back but the Canucks would still hold his rights. So in essence no way for him to be done with Vancouver unless Vancouver said so.
The only HW the Canucks need
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

The Luongo drama (more than any CBA rule) will put paid to more long term, cap diving contracts than any other thing out there....

...Nah. Owners are stupid, and they will forget any lessons to be learned from 10+ year contracts...

Carry on!!
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Madcombinepilot wrote:The Luongo drama (more than any CBA rule) will put paid to more long term, cap diving contracts than any other thing out there....

...Nah. Owners are stupid, and they will forget any lessons to be learned from 10+ year contracts...

Carry on!!
* Watches Aquaman quietly bumping up admission and putting a few million in bank.. ( dumb huh ? )
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Madcombinepilot wrote:The Luongo drama (more than any CBA rule) will put paid to more long term, cap diving contracts than any other thing out there....

Carry on!!
8 year contracts are the max allowed now.

And there are restrictions on cap diving.

Luongo is going to have a few more great seasons and folks will be saying "WOW such a low cap hit!" :mex:

He's 12th in the Goaltender Cap Hit Department right now.

He'll be 24th or so in a few years.

It's all good.
____
Try to focus on someday.