Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by BigTuna »

Hockey Widow wrote:So with Henrique signing today at 24 million over 6 years, a 4 million per cap hit, the others are lining up for similar deals. Hodgson, Stephan and Kadri to name 3. Can't imagine paying CoHo 4 million per at this point. Maybe he will be worth that in a year or two but now. Then again I guess its all about salary too. Don't know if it's a straight 4 million per or if that is just the cap but it takes him two years past UFA so a long term commitment from him to swallow two years of FA.

Come on Nonis, you know you want to....
Let me guess, Kadri is a fluke?
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

BigTuna wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:So with Henrique signing today at 24 million over 6 years, a 4 million per cap hit, the others are lining up for similar deals. Hodgson, Stephan and Kadri to name 3. Can't imagine paying CoHo 4 million per at this point. Maybe he will be worth that in a year or two but now. Then again I guess its all about salary too. Don't know if it's a straight 4 million per or if that is just the cap but it takes him two years past UFA so a long term commitment from him to swallow two years of FA.

Kadri enjoyed the same benefit that many young players received in this late starting short season. He was in game shape when the puck dropped mid January. He started off hot. He was kept in the top 6. Toronto's start was so good in part due to the number of players on their roster who had been getting time with the Marlies. But Kadri turned a trick, got accolades from Cherry, then didn't score more than a single goal over the next 18 games. Timing was everything for a lot of these youngsters. Kadri probably would have had numbers a little better than Kassian's if he had been demoted to the 3rd and 4th lines after the first 10 games.

A fluke? Not necessarily. Can he do this again over 82 games? We will see.

I'm still laughing at your "depth on the wing". It's not bad, but best in the league? :lol:

And of course you use career numbers for players who have played 10 seasons. And you can call it ppg consistency when they've done it over more than one 82 game season.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Mëds wrote:
BigTuna wrote:

Kadri enjoyed the same benefit that many young players received in this late starting short season. He was in game shape when the puck dropped mid January. He started off hot. He was kept in the top 6. Toronto's start was so good in part due to the number of players on their roster who had been getting time with the Marlies. But Kadri turned a trick, got accolades from Cherry, then didn't score more than a single goal over the next 18 games. Timing was everything for a lot of these youngsters. Kadri probably would have had numbers a little better than Kassian's if he had been demoted to the 3rd and 4th lines after the first 10 games.

A fluke? Not necessarily. Can he do this again over 82 games? We will see.

I'm still laughing at your "depth on the wing". It's not bad, but best in the league? :lol:

And of course you use career numbers for players who have played 10 seasons. And you can call it ppg consistency when they've done it over more than one 82 game season.

When you're talking about players Bozak has played with, players they are when he's playing with them matters. Not what they did as youngsters when Bozak wasn't in the NHL.

And I would like nothing more than to get Karri signed for 24 million over 6 years, but his stats are better than Henrique's.

Some comparables for Kadri last season:

J.Tavares: 48gms, 47pts, 20:46
H.Sedin: 48gms, 45pts, 19:21
N.Kadri: 48gms, 44pts, 16:03
M.Duchene: 47gms, 43pts, 20:55
A.Kopitar: 47gms, 42pts, 20:29
J.Thornton: 48gms, 40pts, 18:23

I don't think people realize how good he was.

Also, your point about him being more "Game Shape" for the start of the season is true, but he also played a full 82 games and the advantage wore-off rather quick. Most NHlers were still pretty rested after 48 games.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote: Last two seasons with Bozak:

Kessel:

48 20 32 52
82 37 45 82

Lupul:
16 11 7 18
66 25 42 67

Like I correctly stated, he's playing with two PPG wingers.
I agree... he plays with two PPG wingers.

How horrible are you offensively if you play with two PPG wingers and only put up .6 per game! :crazy:

Did I mention Bozak is overpaid? :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote: I would like nothing more than to get Karri signed for 24 million over 6 years, but his stats are better than Henrique's.
Well Henrique gave up two UFA years in that deal, which raised the salary...

Doesn't matter though, Leaves are gonna hafta talk Kadri into a so-called "bridge contract".

(due to the fact they are presently in cap hell) :thumbs:

Pretty sure they can get him wrapped up for around $3.5m-per on a two-year deal.

(but if he is the player he's supposed to be, he'll be looking for huge bucks in 2 years)

Even so, they're gonna hafta unload one of Franson/Liles for cap reasons.

Liles sucks, especially on that contract, so it looks like they're stuck with him.

Which means they're gonna be forced to give up one of their best dee in Franson.

I keep trying to tell Leaf fans they are going to have zero top-9 and top-4 depth

.... meaning even an average amount of injuries is going to kill them.

But Leaf fans don't listen to reason, especially the summer after making the playoffs.

It's really really really ridiculously too funny. :rockin:
____
Try to focus on someday.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Strangelove wrote:
BigTuna wrote: I would like nothing more than to get Karri signed for 24 million over 6 years, but his stats are better than Henrique's.
Well Henrique gave up two UFA years in that deal, which raised the salary...

Doesn't matter though, Leaves are gonna hafta talk Kadri into a so-called "bridge contract".

(due to the fact they are presently in cap hell) :thumbs:

Pretty sure they can get him wrapped up for around $3.5m-per on a two-year deal.

(but if he is the player he's supposed to be, he'll be looking for huge bucks in 2 years)

Even so, they're gonna hafta unload one of Franson/Liles for cap reasons.

Liles sucks, especially on that contract, so it looks like they're stuck with him.

Which means they're gonna be forced to give up one of their best dee in Franson.

I keep trying to tell Leaf fans they are going to have zero top-9 and top-4 depth

.... meaning even an average amount of injuries is going to kill them.

But Leaf fans don't listen to reason, especially the summer after making the playoffs.

It's really really really ridiculously too funny. :rockin:

I'm looking at their forwards and I'm not seeing a lack of depth at all. This is the best 3rd and 4th lines they've had in quite a long time.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote: I'm looking at their forwards and I'm not seeing a lack of depth at all. This is the best 3rd and 4th lines they've had in quite a long time.
Their top 9 forwards are fine:

Kessel, Lupul, Van Riemsdyk, Kadri, Bozak, Clarkson, Bolland, Kulemin, McClement.

But none of their 10-13 guys can fill in... in the top 9:

Orr, McLaren, Colborne, Smith.

Nuthin doin on the farm.

And hey, there are some very injury-prone guys in that top 9! :mex:

Of course the lack of depth on dee is what's really gonna kill them though...
____
Try to focus on someday.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Strangelove wrote:
BigTuna wrote: I'm looking at their forwards and I'm not seeing a lack of depth at all. This is the best 3rd and 4th lines they've had in quite a long time.
Their top 9 forwards are fine:

Kessel, Lupul, Van Riemsdyk, Kadri, Bozak, Clarkson, Bolland, Kulemin, McClement.

But none of their 10-13 guys can fill in... in the top 9:

Orr, McLaren, Colborne, Smith.

Nuthin doin on the farm.

And hey, there are some very injury-prone guys in that top 9! :mex:

Of course the lack of depth on dee is what's really gonna kill them though...

Lupul is injury prone. That's it.

And it's not like that's below average depth.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Unfortunately Carlise is asking them to play as the 1st and 2nd lines.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote: Lupul is injury prone. That's it.
Van Riemsdyk missed 41 games due to injury in the 2012 calendar year.

Every Chicago fan will tell you Bolland has been hampered by concussion and back issues for 2 years now.

And, you heard it hear first, Phil Kessel is going to lose his other nut when the cancer comes back. :mex:

:mrgreen:

Point is, you're asking for trouble going into an 82-game grind with no injury depth....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

It is not hard to be better when you only have shit to begin with...
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

You can only sit back and gape in awe at what Nonis has done already....

At least we wont be losing our national pastime of laughing along with the Torontoilet Maple Laughs any time soon...thank fuck. That's 2 straight years of absolute EPIC, 18 wheeler off the cliff, bed-shitting in your pee-jays kinda meltdowns when y'all LEAST expected it... L-O-fuckin-L

Yet somehow you keep skulking back after another summer of licking you wounds...admirable in a down syndromie kinda way :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(represents the rest of the hockey world and ALL of Canada continuing to Laugh at y'all ;) )

Hey Tuna...nice 3rd period to close out the year by your former goalie of the future btw

Keep on entertaining us....we need it
If you need air...call it in
Rayxor
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rayxor »

BigTuna wrote: Some comparables for Kadri last season:

The hockey poolie in me says that Kadri is misplaced in this group. Always assume a breakout year is followed by a letdown. Regression toward the mean. In fact, the above group looks like a box pool group that I would make in order to bait the Leaf fans.

I don't expect Lupul to be a point per game player either.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Rayxor wrote:
BigTuna wrote: Some comparables for Kadri last season:

The hockey poolie in me says that Kadri is misplaced in this group. Always assume a breakout year is followed by a letdown. Regression toward the mean. In fact, the above group looks like a box pool group that I would make in order to bait the Leaf fans.

I don't expect Lupul to be a point per game player either.
48 games can make you a superstar if you wear the leaves jersey... Reimer will be the next Roy or Brodeur. Kadri is the next Lemieux. Since the leaves made the playoffs last season, they should win the cup this season... ;)
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Omark returning to Oilers after a successful season in Switzerland. One year two way contract.
His last NHL season was ruined by a foot injury, but he's supposedly good to go now.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=4008
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.