Heritage Classic Thread (March 2, 2014 vs Ottawa)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Heritage Classic Thread (March 2, 2014 vs Ottawa)

Post by vic »

Is there going to be an alumni game? If so, who should play?

Few Guys I'd like to see:

Bure
Linden
Naslund
Smyl
Odjick
Tanti
Gradin
Sunstrom
Tiger Williams
Larionov
Snepsts
Babych
Butcher
McLean
Brodeaur

Players still playing for other teams, but had serious injuries last year and may be ready to hang them up:
Ohlund
Jovanovski

Coaches:
Kurtenbach
Quinn
Crawford
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Not surprising at all, the Canucks have trouble selling the Heritage Classic tickets.
Anita Bathe ‏@anitabathe
.@VancouverTicket: Tix to @NHL Heritage Classic in #Vancouver are not selling very well. Expects prices to drop. @NHL_Canucks VS @NHL_Sens
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Jovocop wrote:Not surprising at all, the Canucks have trouble selling the Heritage Classic tickets.
Anita Bathe ‏@anitabathe
.@VancouverTicket: Tix to @NHL Heritage Classic in #Vancouver are not selling very well. Expects prices to drop. @NHL_Canucks VS @NHL_Sens
News coming in from Anita Bathe??

:roll:

Training camp hasn't even started, hell I didn't even know tickets were on sale yet. It's still summer, of course 50,000 tickets haven't sold.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Aaronp18 wrote:
Jovocop wrote:Not surprising at all, the Canucks have trouble selling the Heritage Classic tickets.
Anita Bathe ‏@anitabathe
News coming in from Anita Bathe??

Training camp hasn't even started, hell I didn't even know tickets were on sale yet. It's still summer, of course 50,000 tickets haven't sold.
She might not be the best source but at least she is a reporter at News1130. In case you care, tickets have been on sale for a while.

http://www.tiqiq.com/nhl/vancouver-canu ... 4-15-06-12
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Aaronp18 wrote: News coming in from Anita Bathe??

Isn't that one of the people Bart asked Moe to page at the tavern? :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Strangelove wrote:
Aaronp18 wrote: News coming in from Anita Bathe??

Isn't that one of the people Bart asked Moe to page at the tavern? :drink:
Exactly. Along with Jacques Strap, IP Freely, Al Coholic, Oliver Klozoff, Ivana Tinkle, etc, etc.

Her parents are cruel retarded if that's her real name.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Not to worry, apparently she's engaged to a fellow named Tom Dick. Image
____
Try to focus on someday.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Strangelove wrote:Not to worry, apparently she's engaged to a fellow named Tom Dick. Image
I hear they are to be married by Rev. Ollie Tabooger.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

vic wrote:Is there going to be an alumni game? If so, who should play?

Bure
Linden
Naslund
Smyl
Odjick
Tanti
Gradin
Sunstrom
Tiger Williams
Larionov
Snepsts
Babych
Butcher
McLean
Brodeaur

Players still playing for other teams, but had serious injuries last year and may be ready to hang them up:
Ohlund
Jovanovski

Coaches:
Kurtenbach
Quinn
Crawford
How sad is it that i might be convinced (especially if Bure dressed for it) to pay the hundred bucks for the alumi game but wouldnt for the actual heritage game?
black ace
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by black ace »

I just went to ticketmaster and I dont think tickets have gone on sale yet. There may be promo tickets or a limited number floating around but until they actually go on sale I think its a little early to say they arent selling well.

Plus the tickets that this scalper is selling could very well be at a price that is much higher than the actual cost when they do go on sale.
2011 BC Sports Central CFL Pool Champion
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Boy, they should play the winter classic in Van-city right now, the temperature is perfect and it would be great for the ice. :)

vic wrote:Is there going to be an alumni game? If so, who should play?

Bure
Linden
Naslund
Smyl
Odjick
Tanti
Gradin
Sunstrom
Tiger Williams
Larionov
Snepsts
Babych
Butcher
McLean
Brodeaur

Ohlund
Jovanovski

Coaches:
Kurtenbach
Quinn
Crawford
Great list, I especially would luv to see your top 3 together: Bure, Nasi and Trevor. I'd add Cliffy Ronning, Courts and maybe B'Mo, guys from here and they do stuff in the city. I was also thinking Cam Neely, too much of a Bruin and not a Canuck?
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

The Heritage Classic is not a Canucks event but rather an NHL so, as Donny said, it's not our season ticket packages. However, the advanced sale for those game tickets were about $300 a piece and in a corner and a little too low to see the game (the ones I was assigned anyway). It kind of pissed me off since our household has three season ticket packages and two of those packages are in what the Canucks call "Premium Seating" sections. Not worth the money, so I declined. Might think about looking for some if I can get a better vantage point.

About a month ago, Brian, Bruce Ng and I were invited by the NHL to a social media information gathering and got to know a little bit more about the game and its surrounding events. It seemed very organized and although ticket sales were abysmal early on, they have picked up and the event has picked up steam. Vancouver being Vancouver is always more of a last minute city and since everyone else is going to the Heritage Classic, everyone else will follow. There is a couple of public events soon to be announced for the week of the HC, but I am guessing it will be just after the Olympics when they make that announcement.

Also, the Heritage Classic would have served better for the Canucks and Senators if there weren't so many stupid Stadium Series games going on, like the one in LA at Dodger Stadium in the next little while. Not sure why they did so many this season, but events like this are better in smaller portions.

Last thought on this, I am really liking the retro-look that the goaltenders are sporting with the brown pads etc. Looking at the date, I say it's a strange heatwave and the NHL is going to have a hell of a time keeping that ice cold enough in a place that has historically been a warmer venue, even with the roof open.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde