Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby Boston Canucker » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:34 am

Cookie La Rue wrote:
rats19 wrote:8th overall in 07......kinda went all meh.....thats one sooner than our new star Horvat....

2007 was a pretty good draft just looking at the top 10, wondering why Hamill never caught fire so far.
Just hoping Horvat isn't a bust too. You can never know, too many little things that kill...

I don't know, seems middling draft. Kane was the clear stud, but otherwise, there's some talent there (Couture at #9 was a great grab for SJS) but not a wow draft as I look over the names. I recall the hype around Esposito, wow, bustarooni, and and of course, Patrick White! I believe the Leafs just gave a 5 years extension to the GM who drafted him....yikes!

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl2007e.html
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby rats19 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:13 am

The Doors lyrics

Soon!
Soon!
Soon!
I am the Lizard King
I can do anything.back to top
Summer's Almost Gone
Summer's almost gone,
Summer's almost gone,
Almost gone, yeh, it's almost gone
Where will we be when the summer's gone?

Morning found us calmly unaware,
Noon burned gold into our hair,
At night we swam the laughing sea
When summer's gone, where will we be?

Summer's almost gone,
Summer's almost gone
We had some good times but they're gone
The seasons coming on, summer's almost gone

8-)
You are who you hang with.....
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby ESQ » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:19 pm

Its looking like Edler will be suspended for the first 2 games of the Olympics.

In Sweden's group for the prelims: Czech Republic, Latvia and Switzerland.

The offending hit:

Personally I hope he gets left off the team. I could care less about this Olympics tournament, it will be zero benefit to our players (with the worst schedule and 17 back-to-back games this year) and Russia can have their shot at glory.

I've had enough Olympic glory, I'd gladly sacrifice some of that for some Playoff glory :D
ESQ
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Rumsfeld » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:24 pm

Fuck that, this might well be that last time we see the pros in the Olympics. That will give bragging rights to the winner for God knows how long.

Plus, back-to-back golds has a nice ring to it... especially one on home ice and one in the evil empire. :mex:
Cowards die a thousand times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby $lacker » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:33 pm

Rumsfeld wrote:Fuck that, this might well be that last time we see the pros in the Olympics. That will give bragging rights to the winner for God knows how long.

Plus, back-to-back golds has a nice ring to it... especially one on home ice and one in the evil empire. :mex:

And one Roberto Luongo leading them to the promised land once again :lol:
$lacker
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby Rumsfeld » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:35 pm

$lacker wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:Fuck that, this might well be that last time we see the pros in the Olympics. That will give bragging rights to the winner for God knows how long.

Hey, that would be great! :thumbs:
Cowards die a thousand times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby BurningBeard » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:24 pm

$lacker wrote:

In the Gold medal final, with Cory Schneider in net at the other end... :shock:

The Russians loose Bronze and come in fourth.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
BurningBeard
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Rumsfeld » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:44 pm

BurningBeard wrote:
$lacker wrote:

In the Gold medal final, with Cory Schneider in net at the other end... :shock:

The Russians loose Bronze and come in fourth.

Haha, that would be an awesome GMG if the Russians choke again.

But Quick would have to bedshit something fierce for Cory to get the reins methinks.... after all he's just an unproven mentally ill backup who got sheltered starts and he never took Roberto's job it was all a trick by Gillis and the Pleidians put a microchip in my bellybutton... :shock:
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby ESQ » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:21 pm

But do you accept that there will be a detrimental effect on all players who go to Sochi in terms of their performance back in North America after the Olympics?

If so, I guess the question is - do you want national bragging rights at the expense of Your NHL Team's performance?

And really, lets not kid ourselves, no way is Sochi going to top Vancouver 2010. That was one of the greatest hockey games of all time, and undoubtedly the most-watched hockey game of all time.

I'd much rather have a rested core in the spring than a Canadian gold medal in Russia.
ESQ
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Rumsfeld » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:38 pm

ESQ wrote:

But do you accept that there will be a detrimental effect on all players who go to Sochi in terms of their performance back in North America after the Olympics?

If so, I guess the question is - do you want national bragging rights at the expense of Your NHL Team's performance?

And really, lets not kid ourselves, no way is Sochi going to top Vancouver 2010. That was one of the greatest hockey games of all time, and undoubtedly the most-watched hockey game of all time.

I'd much rather have a rested core in the spring than a Canadian gold medal in Russia.

Meh, all the good teams will have plenty of players attending.

The Sedins and Kesler are the guys who will be ridden the hardest out of all our Olympians. The Sedins don't play a physical game and have great cardio so I'm not worried about them.

As for Kesler, he had a great season last time he played in the Olympics, so provided he stays healthy it might be a blessing in disguise.

Plus I like watching Olympic hockey and I love Canada and we aren't going anywhere in the playoffs this year anyway and you all know it.

EDIT: Mayhaps we should continue the Sochi conversation here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9741&p=179235#p179235
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Strangelove » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:28 pm

Rumsfeld wrote:we aren't going anywhere in the playoffs this year anyway and you all know it.

Your Vancouver Canucks are going to win your Stanley Cup next season.

Call it a hunch...
____
The Ring Leader
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby Rumsfeld » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:48 pm

Tells you wot Doc, if we win the cup this year I will be so happy that I'll gladly let you select a sig of your choosing for noble Rumsfeld.... permanently. :wow:

If, however, we fail to win the cup this year.... you must grow a goatee, actually leave the house with it and walk around in public. :crazy: No shaving said goatee for a month. A cruel price in 2013 to be sure, but there have to be consequences for failing to deliver on such a bold prediction.

I won't blame you for refusing, those are some serious stakes. I mean, a goatee? Holy shit. :lol:
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Blaster86 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:36 pm

Rumsfeld wrote:
I won't blame you for refusing, those are some serious stakes. I mean, a goatee? Holy shit. :lol:

Easy loop-hole is just say it is his evil-doppleganger from the Mirror-verse.
Blaster86
CC Veteran

Postby Strangelove » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:56 pm

Rumsfeld wrote:Tells you wot Doc, if we win the cup this year I will be so happy that I'll gladly let you select a sig of your choosing for noble Rumsfeld.... permanently. :wow:

If, however, we fail to win the cup this year.... you must grow a goatee, actually leave the house with it and walk around in public. :crazy: No shaving said goatee for a month. A cruel price in 2013 to be sure, but there have to be consequences for failing to deliver on such a bold prediction.

Hmmm so you hafta go by the name "Son of Arachnid" forever

... and I get beaten to death by a homophobic abbotsford mob??!! :scowl:

Ummm as they say on the wrong side of the tracks in Pigtown:

"Yo fuck dat shit muddahfuckah!"
____
The Ring Leader
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby Tiger » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:29 am

Strangelove wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:we aren't going anywhere in the playoffs this year anyway and you all know it.

Your Vancouver Canucks are going to win your Stanley Cup next season.

Call it a hunch...

I'd call it "bad drugs" doc.. we will be extremely lucky if we win the division let alone a Stanley.. San Jose and LA have proven to be better playoff teams than the Canucks for the last 2 years.. and the Canucks have done nothing to really improve.. Maybe we make the playoffs because of weaker teams like Calgary but even that is not a cinch bet..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat