Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Postby Rumsfeld » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:29 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:Fine, 60 points, sigs, no fuckin' welching.


Deal. :mex:


*shakes Strangelove's hand*

Should be fun right? Better than a stone in the bone.
User avatar
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2602
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 pm
Location: Under Royaldude's bed

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Postby Strangelove » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:34 pm

*shakes Rummy's hand extremely firmly*

WAIT.... what's this... schmushed banana??? :eh:

*wonders if Potatoe is willing to bet on his "65-75 points" prediction*
____
"I like to think that this team can get its mojo back" - Ryan Miller
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 6913
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Postby CorranHorn » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:09 pm

Doc..... Sedins....points
User avatar
CorranHorn
CC Veteran
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Postby Strangelove » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:47 pm

CorranHorn wrote:Doc..... Sedins....points


Minimum .9 per game average over the next 3 seasons.

But I wouldn't bet on it... :drink:
____
"I like to think that this team can get its mojo back" - Ryan Miller
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 6913
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Postby CorranHorn » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:50 pm

Good call,

Now go to the right thing and old yeller that bird...
User avatar
CorranHorn
CC Veteran
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Postby Strangelove » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:57 pm

CorranHorn wrote:Good call,

Now go to the right thing and old yeller that bird...


I'm telling you that eagle is fucking NUTS!!

Every time I open the front door it SCREECHES bloody murder...

The fucking thing is out to get me and if I shoot it, I'M the bad guy??

Not a single neighbor has ventured out there so yeah I guess I'm brave compared to THEM.

:look:

I'm gonna hafta drink the rest of this bottle just to be able to get to sleep now....
____
"I like to think that this team can get its mojo back" - Ryan Miller
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 6913
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Postby Aaronp18 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:12 pm

Pics or it didn't happen!
User avatar
Aaronp18
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1736
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:36 pm

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Postby Strangelove » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:15 pm

Aaronp18 wrote:Pics or it didn't happen!


____
"I like to think that this team can get its mojo back" - Ryan Miller
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 6913
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Postby Tiger » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:51 pm

Strangelove wrote:
CorranHorn wrote:Doc..... Sedins....points


Minimum .9 per game average over the next 3 seasons.

But I wouldn't bet on it... :drink:


Hopefully they won't be our #1 line after this season.,.
Predictions for 3 centers ( all soft players all poor defensively )
H Sedin... 70 pts..and more penalty minutes
CoHo.... 60 ...
Gagner ... 70 pts ...

Ooops this is far off topic !! so . goaltender predictions..
Schneider ... top 5
Luongo .. doesn't make the top 10..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
User avatar
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1039
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:09 pm

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Postby ESQ » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:00 am

Strangelove wrote:Whatever Hodgson might have brought was replaceable


Right, Hodgson bringing a secondary threat on the PP and at E/S is so replaceable. That's why its been replaced, so simply! It has, right? Wasn't the Canucks PP like super awesome since they traded CoHo? Hasn't the offense stayed dominant?

Hell, the Canucks haven't even been able to reliably replace his 4th line centre minutes.

Strangelove wrote:No not much except for...

Evidence: Hodgson has 1 assist in 12 career NHL playoff games.

He was not being "Hodgsoned" in those starts and given prime offensive opportunities. In fact, knowing your research abilities, I bet you're well aware that he had 0 PP shifts in his 12 playoff starts.
Strangelove wrote:Evidence: Hodgson's production slipped in AHL playoff games.
Did you not say in another thread that all top offensive players see their production dip in the playoffs due to closer match-ups? If it wasn't you I apologize...but that is a fact.

You're also conveniently leaving out his WJHC performance, leading the tournament in scoring, over guys like Tavares, Eberle and JVR.
Strangelove wrote:
Do you have any "evidence" to the contrary? :mex:
2009 WJC. Kthanks. But more broadly speaking, Hodgson's regular season production jumped as well once he started getting the Hodgson treatment. It stands to reason that the same would hold true in the post-season. Not that he'd be a dominant scorer, but that he could capitalize on offensive zone starts and PP time, which is exactly what the Canucks failed to do vs. LA.

Strangelove wrote:
Umm.

Hodgson played on the #2 PP unit.

How would him leaving contribute to the fact the #1 PP became a problem.
Uh, yeah? Point? Are you trying to get me to acknowledge that Hodgson couldn't help score when he wasn't on the ice? :whistle:
Strangelove wrote:Now when Daniel got injured (9 games after the trade) THAT hurt the PP

In that same stretch you pointed out of Cody having 0 PP points in the 17 games before the trade, Henrik had 2 PP points. Plus 2 points in the 9 games before Daniel's injury. The PP was hurting before Daniel got hurt.

Strangelove wrote:
ESQ wrote:In summary, 2012 Hodgson > Kassian + Pahlsson


Well your summary is wrong due to the fact your facts above are wrong.

Hodgson post trade: 3g 5a -7
Kassian + Pahlsson post trade: 3g 8a +3

Some of the +- difference can be attributed to the relative difference between the President's Trophy winner and a non-playoff team, but granted not all.
Strangelove wrote:
ESQ wrote:, 2013 Hodsgon > Kassian + Roy.



Hodgson: 15g 19a -4
Kassian + Roy: 14g 29a -6

Surprisingly minor difference, no? But that's right, what Hodgson brought was so easily replaced!
Strangelove wrote:Now, that's just silly....
[/quote][/quote]
Couldn't agree with you more.

And by the way, this point-by-point dissection is so tedious, if you do it to my post again I will be forced to concede :drink:
ESQ
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 652
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Postby the Dogsalmon » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:57 am

So...whats the backup plan for our backup goalie. Do we have one?
User avatar
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 665
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:12 am
Location: in the ainus

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Postby tantalum » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:59 am

I don't think the plan has changed significantly from what it was. once they were down to one starter it was going to be Lack's position to lose. Now it is Lack's or Eriksson's position to win. Never seen either play but I think Eriksson might have a leg up given he has been healthy and put in a great season in the SEL.
User avatar
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1911
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:41 am
Location: Carl Junction, MO

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Postby tantalum » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:03 am

Rumsfeld wrote:
Strangelove wrote:Last season was 20 games under ludicrous conditions.

So yeah, putting much stock in last year's numbers is madness IMPO. :drink:


I guess that's the nice thing about a shortened season, eh old boy? When the stats don't support your argument you get to throw them away.

Unless they DO support it of course. In which case we will throw them out there again and again with no mention of how the small sample size might be skewing them.


Hmmm how about I take a 19 game sample for Luongo.

2.32 GAA, 0.915 SV%. Not so bad now. All I did was drop the final game of the season where the canucks dressed the Chicago Wolves in a nothing game.

20 games is a small sample size.
User avatar
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1911
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:41 am
Location: Carl Junction, MO

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Postby BladesofSteel » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:06 am

Aaronp18 wrote:Pics or it didn't happen!

That's what Burke said. :P
The grass is always greener
BladesofSteel
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 782
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: Lower left-hand corner

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Postby Topper » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:07 am

And a coach who left him out to dry with only a forgettable backup on the bench.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4553
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Raile and 4 guests

cron