Roster Questions

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

If an overhaul of this team is needed, which of the following players who should MG shop around...

Hank and Danny
7%
Edler
25%
Booth
26%
Higgins
5%
Bieksa
9%
Ballard
26%
Hamhuis
1%
None of the above
1%

Total votes: 173

Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Re: Roster Questions

Post by Rumsfeld »

nuckster wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:Kassian needs to start looking like an NHL forward this season or I'm going to be pretty fucking disappointed watching Hodgson get a PPG on Sportscenter.

:evil:
You're confusing. This quote was made by you in the other thread re: Luongo vs Schneider:

"It's the same bullshit this board pulled after the Hodgson trade. A kid you were all creaming your underoos about is suddenly not very good and we're lucky to be rid of him."

Just curious, what would possess you to have a 'handle' (Rumsfeld) that comes from the biggest DICK ever in north american politics/history??
Just what the fuck is confusing about my quote, miss ster? Comprehension issues?

Maybe you should sit a few plays out and leave the reading to the big kids.

My handle is none of your business, I don't go around asking you why you would choose a screen name that sounds like it originated from the lips of a toddler.

And a true "cc oldtimer" (poser :lol: ) wouldn't need to ask that question Orcasaman...

Now kindly piss off.
Last edited by Rumsfeld on Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

Rumsfeld wrote:
nuckster wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:Kassian needs to start looking like an NHL forward this season or I'm going to be pretty fucking disappointed watching Hodgson get a PPG on Sportscenter.

:evil:
You're confusing. This quote was made by you in the other thread re: Luongo vs Schneider:

"It's the same bullshit this board pulled after the Hodgson trade. A kid you were all creaming your underoos about is suddenly not very good and we're lucky to be rid of him."

Just curious, what would possess you to have a 'handle' (Rumsfeld) that comes from the biggest DICK ever in north american politics/history??
Just what the fuck is confusing about my quote, miss ster? Comprehension issues?

Maybe you should sit a few plays out and leave the reading to the big kids.

My handle is none of your business, I don't go around asking you why you would choose a screen name that sounds like it originated from the lips of a toddler.

Now kindly piss off.
Now now, mr rumpster. I just madesome simple observations no need to get 'ugly' about it.
But you know, come to think of it, the handle suits you perfectly. You mirror the ORIGINAL Rumsfeld quite well, except, well he was/is the original.
cc oldtimer
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

nuckster wrote: Now now, mr rumpster. I just madesome simple observations no need to get 'ugly' about it.
But you know, come to think of it, the handle suits you perfectly. You mirror the ORIGINAL Rumsfeld quite well, except, well he was/is the original.
Every observation you make is simple, lady. :stupid:

So are you going to acknowledge that my quote made perfect sense and that you have reading comprehension issues or are you just going to run and hide like a coward for another couple months? Maybe run to the mods again first like a little bitch?

I'm cool with either. 8-)
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

Every observation you make is simple, lady. :stupid:

So are you going to acknowledge that my quote made perfect sense and that you have reading comprehension issues or are you just going to run and hide like a coward for another couple months? Maybe run to the mods again first like a little bitch?

I'm cool with either. 8-)[/quote]

Fair enough. I agree with your point about the need for Kassian to step up; our options are limited and if he fails to produce the way we need him to, then yeah, for sure, the Hodgson trade begins to look really bad. The one quote of yours that I brought over here, suggested that Hodgson was under performing, then in a later submission you wrote on here, you state that you're getting tired of Hodgson getting a point a game hi-lite on sportsnet. But when I reread your post, i see that you mention this as part of a speculation about what could happen this up an coming season - you wouldn't like to see Hodgson achieve while Kassian doesn't... so yeah, i guess what was confusing was my take on it. No intense disrespect intended.

I don't pretend to be a 'heavy-weight' on here. I'm well educated, and a passionate canuck hockey fan, but I usually don't have the time to really delve into IT and become part of the on-going canucks corner personality show (you have to admit that there are some really amusing personalities on here sometimes). I mostly appreciate the insight and opinions that are offered. So yeah, you're right, my opinions are fairly light weight in comparison to many if not most- can't argue with that. Still curious though, if u don't mind, what would possess u to embrace a handle like yours? (i brought mine over over from the canuck central days... it was all i could tink of at the time).
cc oldtimer
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

nuckster wrote:"It's the same bullshit this board pulled after the Hodgson trade. A kid you were all creaming your underoos about is suddenly not very good and we're lucky to be rid of him."
Ahem. I recall there was one poster who say the deficiencies in his game and noted where he would struggle. I believe that same poster had questions about the players attitude as far back as the WJC.

But alas, water under the bridge now that the kid is Darcy's problem.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote:
nuckster wrote:"It's the same bullshit this board pulled after the Hodgson trade. A kid you were all creaming your underoos about is suddenly not very good and we're lucky to be rid of him."
Ahem. I recall there was one poster who say the deficiencies in his game and noted where he would struggle. I believe that same poster had questions about the players attitude as far back as the WJC.

But alas, water under the bridge now that the kid is Darcy's problem.
If i recall correctly, the Great Strangelove was firmly entrenched on the fence in regards to Hodgson

... and often questioned how Hodgson could ever fit on a team with HanK & Kess as the top two centres.

Not everyone was sold on Hodgson and most felt Kassian was a better fit in more ways than one.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

nuckster wrote: I don't pretend to be a 'heavy-weight' on here. I'm well educated, and a passionate canuck hockey fan, but I usually don't have the time to really delve into IT and become part of the on-going canucks corner personality show (you have to admit that there are some really amusing personalities on here sometimes). I mostly appreciate the insight and opinions that are offered. So yeah, you're right, my opinions are fairly light weight in comparison to many if not most- can't argue with that.
Yeah, you’re not exactly the straw that sters the drink amirite?

____
Try to focus on someday.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

He's no rikster, that's for sure.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Strangelove wrote: Not everyone was sold on Hodgson and most felt Kassian was a better fit in more ways than one.
Kassian is looking like he could be a great fit.

On the Comets.

:crazy:

*passes Doc bag of glue after inhaling deeply himself*

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

One could almost get the impression that rummy isn't happy with the direction Gilly has decided to take your Vancouver Canucks..
Personally I would like to see Kassian under Torts direction before we start muttering sandlak under our breath.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

ukcanuck wrote:One could almost get the impression that rummy isn't happy with the direction Gilly has decided to take your Vancouver Canucks..
Personally I would like to see Kassian under Torts direction before we start muttering sandlak under our breath.
Liked where he was going until last season. Ballard sucked in hindsight but I understood it at the time.

Now I'm like OMGWTF'ing all over the damn place.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Rumsfeld wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:One could almost get the impression that rummy isn't happy with the direction Gilly has decided to take your Vancouver Canucks..
Liked where he was going until last season. Ballard sucked in hindsight but I understood it at the time.

Now I'm like OMGWTF'ing all over the damn place.
Yeah I can see that, I guess I'm just gonna strap my seatbelt on and see where this wagon is going and what kind of ride its going to be..
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Alberts Wants to Re-Sign
“There remains interest by a couple of teams and Andrew was hoping to come back to Vancouver,” Alberts’ agent, Kurt Overhardt told the Vancouver Province. “We especially think with the new coaching staff that he would fit in because he’s a big, strong warrior and knows his role.”
Looks like Alberts would be willing to come back to Vancouver, and I'd take him back (depending on what he wants). I'd like a meaner guy back there, but for a 6-7 guy I'd take him. This team lacks what Alberts brings (big body, physical), and he didn't disgust me with his play last season. Give him 1 year @ $1M.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Alberts Wants to Re-Sign
“There remains interest by a couple of teams and Andrew was hoping to come back to Vancouver,” Alberts’ agent, Kurt Overhardt told the Vancouver Province. “We especially think with the new coaching staff that he would fit in because he’s a big, strong warrior and knows his role.”
Looks like Alberts would be willing to come back to Vancouver, and I'd take him back (depending on what he wants). I'd like a meaner guy back there, but for a 6-7 guy I'd take him. This team lacks what Alberts brings (big body, physical), and he didn't disgust me with his play last season. Give him 1 year @ $1M.
Alberts or Fristic? Alberts knows the system and gives his all but is 32 years old, not likely to improve. On the other hand, Fristic is only 27 years old, still has some room to improve... :?
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

With only 5 million left in cap space and still needing to get Tanev and Weise under contract I don't think we will see the Canucks add much depth until those two deals are done. With our luck the arbitrator will award Dale 2.5 million and we can't walk away. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

No No No i'm not saying he is anywhere near worth that, just with our luck we get a stupid arbitration award. :evil:
The only HW the Canucks need