Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by tantalum »

looking for $1.8 likely means settling for $1.6. I'd do it and figure out how to fit him in. Not sure the assets needed to acquire him though (if cap dump type reasons likely a pretty good prospect or pick). Such an acquisition would give the canucks two 22 year old power forward wingers. That's a good thing.

Hansen is the type of guy you keep and certainly this year. Effective player who is clearly underpaid.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

tantalum wrote:looking for $1.8 likely means settling for $1.6. I'd do it and figure out how to fit him in. Not sure the assets needed to acquire him though (if cap dump type reasons likely a pretty good prospect or pick).

hansen is the type of guy you keep and certainly this year. Effective player who is clearly underpaid.
Tant, underpaid is the key. Hansen is probably looking for a huge pay day next season. Would the Canucks be able to re-sign him?
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Jovocop wrote: Tant, underpaid is the key. Hansen is probably looking for a huge pay day next season. Would the Canucks be able to re-sign him?
Yes. Cap is going to increase a fair margin next year on revenues alone and tack on the 5% escalator the PA still has it won't be an issue. And if he is due a huge raise then his rights are going to have very good trade value.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Jovocop wrote: Tant, underpaid is the key. Hansen is probably looking for a huge pay day next season. Would the Canucks be able to re-sign him?
Well the salary cap is expected to rise substantially and the only other player looking for a significant raise is Kassian?

No problem doubling Hansen's salary IMPO.
____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Strangelove wrote:
Well the salary cap is expected to rise substantially and the only other player looking for a significant raise is Kassian?

No problem doubling Hansen's salary IMPO.
I approve of the PO in IMPO... :idea:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Jannick took less to get term on his last contract.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

tantalum wrote:looking for $1.8 likely means settling for $1.6. I'd do it and figure out how to fit him in. Not sure the assets needed to acquire him though (if cap dump type reasons likely a pretty good prospect or pick). Such an acquisition would give the canucks two 22 year old power forward wingers. That's a good thing.

Hansen is the type of guy you keep and certainly this year. Effective player who is clearly underpaid.
Clifford? Sure I'd take him. Big, tough, mean, young - makes sense to me and sounds like the type of guy Gillis wants to go after. LA has zero cap space so they would need picks and/or prospects in return. I'm guessing Gillis is all over him but doubt
Lombardi trades within the division.

Brule? Sure, why not? Zero risk, let him come to camp and see if he has anything. He's a talented kid, just needs to get his head screwed on straight and maybe by now he has.

On Hansen, I really like his game but he's definitely expendable if the right deal comes along. He's about to get expensive and should only be kept if it helps the team. If he can be replaced for less dollars or a piece that fits the mould then you do it.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Brule and Schroeder on the same line would be dynamite.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Rumsfeld wrote:Brule and Schroeder on the same line would be dynamite.
Why am I searching for Gilbert and Sullivan comic musical reference?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Dont you mean dyn-o-mite....

Guessing it would be one or the other, and if it's the walk on, what would that say about your 2009 first rounder...
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Potatoe1 wrote:
Dont you mean dyn-o-mite....

Guessing it would be one or the other, and if it's the walk on, what would that say about your 2009 first rounder...
My guess is Schroeder isn't long for this team - even if he makes it next year there's Gaunce right behind him, and Horvat right there as well. Never mind Kesler and Henrik of course.

I'd move Schroeder this offseason or next, barring a major breakout of course. He's too small to check the big centres and likely not offensive enough to anchor a scoring line. A bit of a tweeter and he's getting redundant on this team, especially since he's proven he can't play the wing.
Blaster86
CC Veteran

Post by Blaster86 »

Nope.
NOAP.

He's done.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Oh thanks Blaster. :lol:

Anyway if Schroeder was going to be able to cut it as a scorer in the NHL at his size, IMHO (hackneyed) he'd have shown it in the AHL by now.

He hasn't.

IMHO (holy), unless something changes dramatically this season, the kid's a bust. :scowl:

To be honest I could give a rusty fuck about Jordan, I hated that pick from the get-go.

It's Kassian's season that I'm worried about...
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Blaster86
CC Veteran

Post by Blaster86 »

Rumsfeld wrote:Oh thanks Blaster. :lol:
After the shit with Burke, I ain't spreading anything on here. But he is done.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

who is done Blaster ??

I would easily take a flyer on Brule for a pto...

Schroeder was not a horrid pick but I agree guys that small tend to not make the show. Who else was available Rummy/Dude/TrannyGuy ?

Who did they fuck up on ? It was a weak draft and they picked a kid who will liklely log a couple hundred games.

I am not a fan either .......but.... if you eat what D'Arcy and his crew are cooking Jon Gaudreau or " Jonny Hockey " will likely be the next St Louis or Fleury. So I guess small guys can get it done in the eyes of a mongoloid.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”