Heritage Classic Thread (March 2, 2014 vs Ottawa)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

dbr
CC Legend

Re: Heritage Classic Thread (March 2, 2014 vs Ottawa)

Post by dbr »

The only thing I care about with regards to this game is that I hope no Canucks are injured due to the awful playing conditions.

But just watch, David Booth will be having a career year and powering the Canucks in the race for the division and will blow out his knee trying to skate around in those daiquiris Topper was talking about.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

We need to sell out, boost League revenues, and make sure the cap goes up in 2014-15!

:drink: :wave:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

donlever wrote: Tickets are NOT a part of the seasons package and a credit will be given to holders for the missed game.

Seasons holders have an option to buy for the game from the front of the line.
Still got 'em Donny? :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Strangelove wrote:
donlever wrote: Tickets are NOT a part of the seasons package and a credit will be given to holders for the missed game.

Seasons holders have an option to buy for the game from the front of the line.
Still got 'em Donny? :mex:
...in a very roundabout way.
DeLevering since 1999.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Topper wrote:And there will be a 783rd version of the jersey for the faithful to snap up at the concession stands.
That's one thing I may not be able to resist. If you go all the way back from the Vancouver Millionaires, to the Vancouver Canucks of the PCHL and WHL, there are a lot of retro jerseys for them to pick from. That's not even considering the fact that they could do a jersey to honor the Victoria Cougars. Likely they won't do a Vancouver Millionaires jersey because they already have. It'd be interesting to see them attempt a remake of the older PCHL/WHL jersey, simply because of the fact it was so plain, and the colors are unlike anything the team has used in the past (red, white, and blue). They could also do a jersey featuring the original Johnny Canuck logo, but I don't believe the WHL Canucks used that logo much, not until the late 60s, right before the team joined the NHL. At any rate they should do a jersey that honors one of the teams that won a Lester Patrick Cup or a Stanley Cup. I'll line up like a sucker and pay for that. :mrgreen:
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

The Millionaires jersey is about the only thing that makes sense as a Heritage Classic jersey seeing as they beat the Senators to claim Vancouvers only cup in 1915.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Aaronp18 wrote:The Millionaires jersey is about the only thing that makes sense as a Heritage Classic jersey seeing as they beat the Senators to claim Vancouvers only cup in 1915.

Ya but those jersey's are bad luck. We like lost when we wore those things and Don Cherry didn't like the beige.
The only HW the Canucks need
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

BurningBeard wrote:
Topper wrote:And there will be a 783rd version of the jersey for the faithful to snap up at the concession stands.
That's not even considering the fact that they could do a jersey to honor the Victoria Cougars.
The Victoria Cougars are still around though......they moved away, became the Detroit Falcons, and were later re-named the Detroit Red Wings. So I'm thinking there is no way they do a Victoria Cougars tribute jersey for the Vancouver Canucks.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Aaronp18 wrote:The Millionaires jersey is about the only thing that makes sense as a Heritage Classic jersey seeing as they beat the Senators to claim Vancouvers only cup in 1915.

Ya but those jersey's are bad luck. We like lost when we wore those things and Don Cherry didn't like the beige.
You forget BOOTHY blowing his ligaments apart while sporting that jersey. Likely cost us the cup :hmmm:
If you need air...call it in
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

You're right about that, given the history. They could do a Millionaires re-issue with a more realistic look I suppose. The Millionaires jersey they did looked great, but I prefer the "hand stitched" look. Like in this photo:

I love how all the letters are slanted in the V. Looks like a pre-schooler put together the logo. :D I also like the logo the guy standing beside Cyclone Taylor is wearing in this photo. You can find at least four different logos the Millionaires used between 1912 and 1915. The re-issue the Canucks did looked a little too clean in comparison.

Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ORCA wrote:Everyone's so goddamn emo here.

Take it for what it is and move on. Everything you buy is a result of an advertising gimmick... whats so wrong about hosting a giant hockey venue (even if its a total failure)? Thats not on Vancouver, thats on the league being stupid enough to book an "outdoor" game in this climate.

Historical averages give March 2nd's "likely" weather as a 9 degree, rainy day. Who the F banks on that? OH right...
i don't see anyone getting all wound up about it. Speaking only for myself I think it's a stupid idea but that's just my opinion. The building a is a dump and the sightlines are terrible from the upper deck which is half the seats. The CFL players look like ants on that monster field ... what will an NHL game look like ? Aphids ?

The building for what they spent on it should have been torn down and a new stadium built in its place.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Topper wrote:And there will be a 783rd version of the jersey for the faithful to snap up at the concession stands. Probably priced the same as two beer. $500.

Excellent.

It will keep the riff-raff away ;)
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
cjc
CC Veteran

Post by cjc »

It will either be chucking down buckets or we'll have a spring heat wave. The line-ups for the washrooms will be a period long and the only food will be cold hotdogs with food lines that will be two periods long. The Senators will win 6-0 and the Millionaires jerseys will be blamed. Our only cup-winning unis will be retired forever. Cameras will focus on irate Canucks fans pummeling a senior citizen wearing a Senators jersey. Skytrain will probably derail as well.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

cjc wrote:It will either be chucking down buckets or we'll have a spring heat wave. The line-ups for the washrooms will be a period long and the only food will be cold hotdogs with food lines that will be two periods long. The Senators will win 6-0 and the Millionaires jerseys will be blamed. Our only cup-winning unis will be retired forever. Cameras will focus on irate Canucks fans pummeling a senior citizen wearing a Senators jersey. Skytrain will probably derail as well.
As long as none of the players get hurt though..right?
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
cjc
CC Veteran

Post by cjc »

These will be selling at the game with the NHL logo for $ 149.99