Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Postby Arachnid » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:02 am

nuckster wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:So can we get this thread back on track or does everything on this site have to become an attack on a poster.

Why thank you Poster Reef for pointing out the cyberbullies are at it again.

Some people must take out their sexual and relationship dysfunctions on a hockey talk ...

There is a time and a place for that! :D I get the feeling they are a little too 70's LA King Yellow to do dat though :(

I challenge the potbelly pig and bunkerdude to a spelling bee and a penis size comparison anywhere not in the HF!

I will try harder to stay on topic and pretend I actually know and care about professional corporate hockey!
I actually admit I am a better player and coach than poster 8-)

BTW Mike Gillis absolutely sucks at free agency!

You're a 'HOOT' Arachnid! I have to admit that I've come to enjoy some of your antics and a lot of your humour... but one can't put too much stock into what a 'ster' says can one?

Dear Mis'ster, I really appreciate the support. It encourages me to fight the good fight and not get my panties in a knot on here
:D

I keep it light and fun and in perspective that we have no fucking clue what we are talking about, although some actully believe YEAHES BELIEVE! :shock: that their hockey opinions are actually better than others or even professional.
I am a veteran enough to remember the polite posters use to preclude their posts with IMHO...
And really, it's just personal opinions and nothing more. Why some get all worked up about it makes me think their personal lives must be pretty sad :cry:

Hey! If you had a hockey team, who would you want on it?
Yours Truly who would get you 20 hardnosed goals, 300 min in penalities and is a PLAYOFF PERFORMER!?

Or that pansy oneway player Wellwoodish UniRoyalDude that gets mannie petties inbetween periods or that Daigle-like Starchwimp that is all talk and no action?

Tant gets me too, he's just too shy to admit it after all these years together :mrgreen:
Sign me up Michael S. Gillis!
Socks are dead puppets :(
Arachnid
CC Legend

Postby ODB » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:41 am

I pop and and see a few new pages on the Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries) thread. Wonder what's up, click and see garbage.

I wish people would respect the board rules!

Mods???

I'll look for something relevant elsewhere I suppose. :(
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby rats19 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:59 am

ODB wrote:I pop and and see a few new pages on the Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries) thread. Wonder what's up, click and see garbage.

Mods???

Summer n some aren't
You are who you hang with.....
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby black ace » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:22 pm

Jonathan Blum to the Wild on a 1 year 2 way deal. $ not disclosed.
2011 BC Sports Central CFL Pool Champion
black ace
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby Strangelove » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:22 pm

Arachnid wrote:Dear Mis'ster, I really appreciate the support. It encourages me to fight the good fight and not get my panties in a knot on here

So you do in fact wear panties. :mex:

Arachnid wrote:I keep it light and fun and in perspective that we have no fucking clue what we are talking about

... or YOU have no fucking clue that most of us DO in fact know what we're talking about (whoosh?)

... and YOU are are about as light/fun/intelligent/relevant as a mosquito?

Someone had to ask the question: nothing personal good buddy! :thumbs:

Just playing devil's advocate here....

Arachnid wrote:, although some actully believe YEAHES BELIEVE! :shock: that their hockey opinions are actually better than others or even professional.

The IQ of the local blood-sucking hacks may seem relatively high from where YOU sit my friend. 8-)

Arachnid wrote:I am a veteran enough to remember the polite posters use to preclude their posts with IMHO...

First of all, fuck "IMHO" up the ass... and the poster it rode in on.

Secondly, superior poster Rikster was very humble + polite and yet YOU murdered him.

Now you're going after fellow superior posters Tant and Pot?

Have YOU ever consider the likely possibility that YOU have simply developed an inferiority complex over the years?

Someone had to ask the question, blah, blah, blah...

Arachnid wrote:And really, it's just personal opinions and nothing more. Why some get all worked up about it makes me think their personal lives must be pretty sad :cry:

So in your personal opinion some of CC's top posters have sad personal lives?

And this personal opinion works you up to the point of sadness? (crying smilie noted)

Hmmm... your statement is what we in the biz call "a classic cry for help".

Arachnid wrote:Hey! If you had a hockey team, who would you want on it?
Yours Truly who would get you 20 hardnosed goals, 300 min in penalities and is a PLAYOFF PERFORMER!?

No offense Panty Boy but you sir are the Byron Ritchie of these boards.

Speaking of weenies, and back on topic, Kovalchuk is unquestionably a dirty godless commie!
____
"I like to think that this team can get its mojo back" - Ryan Miller
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby Reefer2 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:50 pm

Patrice Bergeron signs an 8 year deal @ a cap hit of $6.5M.

Damn the Sedin's look better and better every day.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=427561
Reefer2
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Jovocop » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:12 pm

Reefer2 wrote:Patrice Bergeron signs an 8 year deal @ a cap hit of $6.5M.

No kidding, if you compare Schneider's contract to Rask's... :lol:
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Arachnid » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:27 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Arachnid wrote:Dear Mis'ster, I really appreciate the support. It encourages me to fight the good fight and not get my panties in a knot on here

So you do in fact wear panties. :mex:

Arachnid wrote:I keep it light and fun and in perspective that we have no fucking clue what we are talking about

... or YOU have no fucking clue that most of us DO in fact know what we're talking about (whoosh?)

... and YOU are are about as light/fun/intelligent/relevant as a mosquito?

Someone had to ask the question: nothing personal good buddy! :thumbs:

Just playing devil's advocate here....

Arachnid wrote:, although some actully believe YEAHES BELIEVE! :shock: that their hockey opinions are actually better than others or even professional.

The IQ of the local blood-sucking hacks may seem relatively high from where YOU sit my friend. 8-)

Arachnid wrote:I am a veteran enough to remember the polite posters use to preclude their posts with IMHO...

First of all, fuck "IMHO" up the ass... and the poster it rode in on.

Secondly, superior poster Rikster was very humble + polite and yet YOU murdered him.

Now you're going after fellow superior posters Tant and Pot?

Have YOU ever consider the likely possibility that YOU have simply developed an inferiority complex over the years?

Someone had to ask the question, blah, blah, blah...

Arachnid wrote:And really, it's just personal opinions and nothing more. Why some get all worked up about it makes me think their personal lives must be pretty sad :cry:

So in your personal opinion some of CC's top posters have sad personal lives?

And this personal opinion works you up to the point of sadness? (crying smilie noted)

Hmmm... your statement is what we in the biz call "a classic cry for help".

Arachnid wrote:Hey! If you had a hockey team, who would you want on it?

No offense Panty Boy but you sir are the Byron Ritchie of these boards.

Speaking of weenies, and back on topic, Kovalchuk is unquestionably a dirty godless commie!

DEAR DOKTOR NAZI

KEEP YOUR PERSONAL COMMENTS TO YOURSELF! ASSHOLE!

STOP BULLYING US GOOD PEOPLE WITH ATTACK AIDS!

STAY ON TOPIC FROM THE BEGINNING!

this post will self-report in 30 mins or less

Mike Gillis sign some free agents you fuckless wonder...it's a looooong hot summer.... :eh:
Last edited by Arachnid on Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Postby Arachnid » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:29 pm

ODB wrote:I pop and and see a few new pages on the Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries) thread. Wonder what's up, click and see garbage.

Mods???

:arrow: FINK!!!!
Arachnid
CC Legend

Postby Cornuck » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:27 pm

Get back on topic or suspensions will be handed out.

Like a lot of people, I'm fucking tired of seeing this shit fill up a hockey thread. Go to the Bar and settle it amongst yourselves.
Over 40 years of pain - I just want one day of glory.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby SKYO » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:38 pm

Jovocop wrote:

And Bergeron is going the RK17 route now I bet with all the non stop injuries. :O

At least the Sedins are remarkably quite durable like their fellow countryman Lidstrom.
So let's hope the twins re-sign this summer! Because if it’s one thing we don't need this year it's controversy and tension,
they re-sign, boom it's done and all we have to worry about is how fast are these young guns going to develop?
SKYO
CC Legend

Postby ODB » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:56 pm

Cornuck wrote:Get back on topic or suspensions will be handed out.

Like a lot of people, I'm fucking tired of seeing this shit fill up a hockey thread. Go to the Bar and settle it amongst yourselves.

ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby ODB » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:02 pm

Jovocop wrote:

I wonder if Lou trades his first this year to the Canucks if he knows Kovalchuk is retiring? The penalty for fracking with old CBA was the loss of their 1st round pick in either 2013 or 2014. Lou opted to keep his pick this year (well ya, it was a 10 ten pick) and then traded it to us.

Kovalchuk and Clarkson accounted for nearly 40% of the Devils goals last season. It's not too far fetched to assume that team is going to struggle this year unless Lou can add some scoring. It looks like they will be losing a high 1st rounder.

Kovalchuk, the gift that keeps on giving...
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Strangelove » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:40 pm

ODB wrote:I wonder if Lou trades his first this year to the Canucks if he knows Kovalchuk is retiring? The penalty for fracking with old CBA was the loss of their 1st round pick in either 2013 or 2014.

Actually it was 2011, 2012, 2013, or 2014 (plus a 3rd in 2011).... but yeah.

If you're right... perhaps Joisey drafts 30th overall next year... if you see wot I mean. :wink:

ODB wrote:Kovalchuk and Clarkson accounted for nearly 40% of the Devils goals last season. It's not too far fetched to assume that team is going to struggle this year unless Lou can add some scoring.

Clowe easily replaces Clarkson IMHO (Hallowed) and Ryder + whatever-they-spend-the-extra-capspace-on replaces Kovy.

Well maybe not quite but I have a feeling they'll have much better goaltending this year. :thumbs:

I bet the Devs are glad to be out from under that massive contract.

BTW, Kovy and Clarkson were scraping the bottom in forward plus/minus along with our ole pal Bernier last year.

As per usual.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Devs make the playoffs.

All depends on Cory's performance IMHO.
____
"I like to think that this team can get its mojo back" - Ryan Miller
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby Hockey Widow » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:55 pm

From all reports Lou knew Kovie wanted to go home. He had to talk him into returning after the lockout and allowed him to report late so he could play in the KHL All Star game. I think Lou knew it was going down but as he is want to do he kept a tight lid on it. There are some rumours out there that Elias is quite upset because had he known July 5th that this was going to happen he may not have re-signed there.

I think Lou knew what was going to happen and kept in under raps until the time suite him for the news to get out. I think the promise of not preventing Kovie form playing in the KHL went a long way in helping keep this story from leaking.

I don't for one second believe this was a surprise to him or came out of the blue. It was a managed situation. As it should be if a GM is doing his job.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat