Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Postby Vader » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:39 am

Vader wrote:Carl Hagelin re-signs in NY - 2yrs @ $2.25M per

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=427391

Pretty good comparison to Hansen - similar gritty two way-game, agitators, fast, good on the PK, some offence, both stink on the powerplay - every time the coach puts them out there they stink.

You'd think Hansen's next contract would be in the same area.


On second thought - Hansen is UFA after this contract...so no way $2.25M does it.

Thank stinks :(
Vader
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:37 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Postby ORCA » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:40 am

Arachnid wrote:OMG! :shock:

Gorcaca is a Laugh fan

*shrieks and points at him like Invasion of the Body Takers*


Image

:mex:
~Your Friendly Neighborhood Killer Whale
User avatar
ORCA
CC Veteran
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:12 pm
Location: Right Behind You

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Postby SKYO » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:04 pm

Oilers just traded for David Perron, don't know for who yet.

*For Magnus Paajarvi and a 2014 second-round draft pick.
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3601
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Postby Island Nucklehead » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:13 pm

SKYO wrote:Oilers just traded for David Perron, don't know for who yet.


Magnus Paajarvi and a 2014 2nd round pick.
User avatar
Island Nucklehead
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4261
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Postby tantalum » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:15 pm

Good value on the trade for the Oilers. Paajarvi is extremely overrated by Oiler fans IMO and the second isn't much to give up for a good scorer in perron.

Problem is that this doesn't address any real needs for the Oilers. Scoring wingers is not something they lack. You have to wonder if this is setting up a move of Yakupov to address the giant holes at center, defense or goal.

But this was clearly a cap dump by the Blues to a team that could take on that cap dump. $3.8+ mil this season and the next three for Perron. The Blues are in cap hell and even bigger internal budget hell I'm guessing.

they can likely get Pietrangelo and perhaps Stewart under contract now (if they spend to the cap). I suspect we will see one more cap dump from them and it will be Berglund.
User avatar
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1911
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:41 am
Location: Carl Junction, MO

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Postby SKYO » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:10 pm

Rask got paid!

"Tuukka Rask has signed an extension with bruins. 56 Million. 8years x 7 per."
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3601
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Postby Diehard1 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:20 pm

tantalum wrote:Good value on the trade for the Oilers. Paajarvi is extremely overrated by Oiler fans IMO and the second isn't much to give up for a good scorer in perron.

Problem is that this doesn't address any real needs for the Oilers. Scoring wingers is not something they lack. You have to wonder if this is setting up a move of Yakupov to address the giant holes at center, defense or goal.

But this was clearly a cap dump by the Blues to a team that could take on that cap dump. $3.8+ mil this season and the next three for Perron. The Blues are in cap hell and even bigger internal budget hell I'm guessing.

they can likely get Pietrangelo and perhaps Stewart under contract now (if they spend to the cap). I suspect we will see one more cap dump from them and it will be Berglund.


Agreed - not really sure what MacT is doing unless there's another shoe to drop. They didn't need any more scoring wingers with Hemsky, Hall, Eberle, Yakupov and now Perron there. Maybe they are looking to trade for Yakupov for a center? They really only have RNH and Gagner as centres so are very thin there, unless you count Boyd Gordon as more than a 3rd or 4th liner.

If Berglund were available he would be a nice pickup as a 3rd line center for Van.

Also looks like Rask just got $7 million a season. Sure is nice to play behind an ultra defensive team - as Bryzgalov found out as well.
Diehard1
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 569
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:48 am

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Postby Jovocop » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:52 pm

SKYO wrote:Rask got paid!

"Tuukka Rask has signed an extension with bruins. 56 Million. 8years x 7 per."


Rask 26 years old - 138GP 66W 45L 16OT 16SO .927SV% 2.15GAA
Schneider 27 years old - 98GP 55W 26L 8OT 9SO .927SV% 2.20GAA

Is Rask really $3m better than Schneider?
User avatar
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1775
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Postby rats19 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:55 pm

Jovocop wrote:
SKYO wrote:Rask got paid!

"Tuukka Rask has signed an extension with bruins. 56 Million. 8years x 7 per."


Rask 26 years old - 138GP 66W 45L 16OT 16SO .927SV% 2.15GAA
Schneider 27 years old - 98GP 55W 26L 8OT 9SO .927SV% 2.20GAA

Is Rask really $3m better than Schneider?

Cory will catch up next signing..1 year or 2 not sure, from now.
You are who you hang with.....
User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4814
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over there.....

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Postby Jovocop » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:56 pm

Diehard1 wrote:
tantalum wrote:Good value on the trade for the Oilers. Paajarvi is extremely overrated by Oiler fans IMO and the second isn't much to give up for a good scorer in perron.

Problem is that this doesn't address any real needs for the Oilers. Scoring wingers is not something they lack. You have to wonder if this is setting up a move of Yakupov to address the giant holes at center, defense or goal.

But this was clearly a cap dump by the Blues to a team that could take on that cap dump. $3.8+ mil this season and the next three for Perron. The Blues are in cap hell and even bigger internal budget hell I'm guessing.

they can likely get Pietrangelo and perhaps Stewart under contract now (if they spend to the cap). I suspect we will see one more cap dump from them and it will be Berglund.


Agreed - not really sure what MacT is doing unless there's another shoe to drop. They didn't need any more scoring wingers with Hemsky, Hall, Eberle, Yakupov and now Perron there. Maybe they are looking to trade for Yakupov for a center? They really only have RNH and Gagner as centres so are very thin there, unless you count Boyd Gordon as more than a 3rd or 4th liner.

If Berglund were available he would be a nice pickup as a 3rd line center for Van.

Also looks like Rask just got $7 million a season. Sure is nice to play behind an ultra defensive team - as Bryzgalov found out as well.


Berglund would be nice. I am not sure what the Canucks can offer the Blues...
User avatar
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1775
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Postby ORCA » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:59 pm

Jovocop wrote:
SKYO wrote:Rask got paid!

"Tuukka Rask has signed an extension with bruins. 56 Million. 8years x 7 per."


Rask 26 years old - 138GP 66W 45L 16OT 16SO .927SV% 2.15GAA
Schneider 27 years old - 98GP 55W 26L 8OT 9SO .927SV% 2.20GAA

Is Rask really $3m better than Schneider?


Rask's contract is really just perfect timing for him.
~Your Friendly Neighborhood Killer Whale
User avatar
ORCA
CC Veteran
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:12 pm
Location: Right Behind You

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Postby tantalum » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:18 pm

Berglund is making over $3 mil this season. RFA next. Still young but he has underperformed the last couple of years.

Not sure the canucks can fit him in, but certainly wouldn't be a bad addition if they could. A young, big center.

Blues have run into the problem that they didn't do enough when the guys they had were on sweetheart deals. now all that youthful, underpaid core is getting paid and when you couple it with the Bouwmeester cap hit it has caused them issues.

This trade makes them immune to a Pietrangelo offer sheet. Either they don't sign Stewart and trade his rights or they move Berglund. Just my opinion.
User avatar
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1911
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:41 am
Location: Carl Junction, MO

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Postby Jovocop » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:30 pm

tantalum wrote:Berglund is making over $3 mil this season. RFA next. Still young but he has underperformed the last couple of years.

Not sure the canucks can fit him in, but certainly wouldn't be a bad addition if they could. A young, big center.

Blues have run into the problem that they didn't do enough when the guys they had were on sweetheart deals. now all that youthful, underpaid core is getting paid and when you couple it with the Bouwmeester cap hit it has caused them issues.

This trade makes them immune to a Pietrangelo offer sheet. Either they don't sign Stewart and trade his rights or they move Berglund. Just my opinion.


Would Schroeder + a second round pick be enough to get Berglund?
User avatar
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1775
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Postby ORCA » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:36 pm

Jovocop wrote:
Would Schroeder + a second round pick be enough to get Berglund?


I would say no. He's better than .5 ppg and still really young. He's also huge in comparison to JS.
~Your Friendly Neighborhood Killer Whale
User avatar
ORCA
CC Veteran
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:12 pm
Location: Right Behind You

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Postby BurningBeard » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:46 pm

Diehard1 wrote:Agreed - not really sure what MacT is doing

Hopefully not driving. :drink:
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
User avatar
BurningBeard
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 934
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:02 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], BurningBeard, ClamRussel, Per, rats19 and 6 guests