2013 FA Thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Lancer
CC Legend

Re: 2013 FA Thread

Post by Lancer »

dbr wrote:Apparently over $2m per.
Dang... definitely too rich for Gillis' blood.
Last edited by Lancer on Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Scuderi takes a slight haircut to go back to Pittsburgh. 4 years $3.375m per.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Roger Millions ‏@RogMillions
Unofficial reports suggest Mason Raymond signs a two year deal with Flames..waiting confirmation.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Clarke MacArthur to Sens.
DeLevering since 1999.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

I mean it was clear to most of us that nothing was going to transpire here in Dullsville but do y'all not feel like the jilted individual standing alone in the corner at the dance?
DeLevering since 1999.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

donlever wrote:I mean it was clear to most of us that nothing was going to transpire here in Dullsville but do y'all not feel like the jilted individual standing alone in the corner at the dance?
...for spare part FAs no less!!! :|

Hate the League.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

donlever wrote:I mean it was clear to most of us that nothing was going to transpire here in Dullsville but do y'all not feel like the jilted individual standing alone in the corner at the dance?

I was thinking what a great this would have been if we had about 20 million to spend.
The only HW the Canucks need
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

We're merely spectators watching other team improve while we laugh at how much money is being handed out. :D
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Hannan re-signs 1 1 million
Tyler Kennedy re-sgns SJS

Russell to Calgary
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Cornuck wrote:We're merely spectators watching other team improve while we laugh at how much money is being handed out. :D

I would have liked Clowe but not at that term nor at that cap. Way over paid in my opinion. Don't know what Lou is doing.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Not really Donny…this is the time of year 2nd/3rd liners, back-up goaltenders and depth defensemen get their big paydays. Not many truly stud players, the kind you build your team around, ever make it to the free agency frenzy, as they call it.

Some nice players out there that I would have been happy to add should the cash be around, but I’m not convinced most are an upgrade on what we already have on the 2nd and 3rd lines. Way too much term and money for Clowe and Horton, for instance.

Hearing that Horton needs shoulder surgery and will be out until December…
Last edited by herb on Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
$lacker
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by $lacker »

Agreed.... it's been a while since we haven't at least been IN on some of the bigger names.

Maybe Gillis will surprise us and land Iginla or something... give us something to talk about :)
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Hockey Widow wrote:
I was thinking what a great this would have been if we had about 20 million to spend.
Maybe a little bit, but then you look a the names and money being handed out and logic and reasoning takes over.

We know that improvements and change for the Canucks will have to come via trade or promotion from within.

Don't know if that instills much hope or not.

Today is parity taking over. Craptacular teams are getting slightly better, good teams are basically treading water or losing some talent.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

$lacker wrote: Agreed.... it's been a while since we haven't at least been IN on some of the bigger names.

Maybe Gillis will surprise us and land Iginla or something... give us something to talk about :)
You mean like Garrison last year and Hamhuis not that long ago. And Sundin in Gillis' first year.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Cornuck wrote:We're merely spectators watching other team improve while we laugh at how much money is being handed out. :D
There is some silly money being handed out these days considering the calibre of many of the players involved.

Hate the League.