2013 FA Thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: 2013 FA Thread

Post by Hockey Widow »

NHL sends memo to all 30 teams reminding them that they cannot offer a contract or sign a FA until tomorrow. This "free" period is for interviews only. The exception of course as for players already bought out as they became a FA the instant they were bought out.

Penalties will apply to anyone circumventing this. One assumes that means tampering.
The only HW the Canucks need
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Hank wrote:I'm sure Raymond will get a consistent offensive role to put up some points for the Flames. He'll be a useful player for them.

Just wondering if they'll end up with Matthew Lombardi 2.0?
I've said before I see Raymond as Tanguay potential - may get 70 points once or twice in his career, could be in the 60s as a first liner.

Though on a top line centred by Matt Stajan....
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

If Raymond is on your top line your team is brutal..... 29th to 30th. If he is in your top 6 you are definitely not a playoff team. He is a decent player but to expect 60 - 70 points is laughable considering he has one 50 point year and his season avg is less than 40 points a year.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Briere to the Habs.

2 years 8 million.

This buyout get paid again thing is cool.
DeLevering since 1999.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

I agree with ya Blob. Raymond will be top 6 on this current Flames team but I think 60 - 70 points is a stretch.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
ORCA
CC Veteran

Post by ORCA »

donlever wrote:Briere to the Habs.

2 years 8 million.

This buyout get paid again thing is cool.

Didn't he say he'd never play in Canada?

(I guess he's still not technically playing in Canada)
~Your Friendly Neighborhood Killer Whale
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

ORCA wrote:
I think you missed the "unless that's where I can make the most money" part he whispered thereafter....
DeLevering since 1999.
ORCA
CC Veteran

Post by ORCA »

donlever wrote:
ORCA wrote:
I think you missed the "unless that's where I can make the most money" part he whispered thereafter....
:sly:
~Your Friendly Neighborhood Killer Whale
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Hendricks and Blum would at least shore up the D and fourth line.

If we're sticking with Booth and Burrows (which is far from a bold decision :P ), that would leave a third-line centre to aquire and no cap space to aquire him with.

Which would mean pipsqueak gets the nod and we can look forward to an offensively impotent and physically soft forward group. Again.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Ballard will be getting a 2 year $3M dollar deal with minny. :o
@TSNBobMcKenzie

Keith Ballard's two-year deal with MIN has an AAV of $1.5M.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Surprised Alberts wasn't re-upped. Played well at the end of the season, big, tough, presumably cheap.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Rumsfeld wrote:Surprised Alberts wasn't re-upped. Played well at the end of the season, big, tough, presumably cheap.
Perhaps AA wants a top 6 role somewhere instead of being a 7th or 8th defenseman here.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Rumsfeld wrote:Surprised Alberts wasn't re-upped. Played well at the end of the season, big, tough, presumably cheap.
I bet Tampa will sign him as they love former Canuck players.

But yeah I thought he was a great 7th dman, playing 50 games or so a season, maybe if he doesn't sign anywhere fast he could come back but on a much cheaper contract, as he is/was making way too much for his role @$1.225M per.

Canucks are going to have to go bargain basement hunting this offseason, signing a lot of $750K - $800K per types to fill in the roster.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

BurningBeard wrote:
BCExpat wrote:The rumor on Calpuck is that Mason Raymond will be signing a contract with the Flames tomorrow. Well, if nothing else, the Flames will be a fast team next year, especially if Poirier makes the team.
How do you people live with yourselves? Christ.
The Flames are at the beginning of a re-build. It's not going to happen over night. They will be at the bottom of the league in the standings for at least a few years, if not more. I am resigned to the fact that they will suck for a long time. I don't expect a lot from the Flames. I just want them to re-build through the draft. I can live with that 8-)
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Hearing some merit to Iginla rumours although Canucks have not talked cap or term, they can't until tomorrow, but there is mutual interest. But Canucks won't over more than 2 years I am hearing. Don't know about the cap. One friend told me only a slight chance he ends up here as he will get more elsewhere. Canucks won't offer up what he thinks he should get so it depends upon the other rumours that he wants to be closer to his family. One friend told me he still wants to chase a cup so I wouldn't be surprised to see him take less to go to LA or stay in Pittsburg.
The only HW the Canucks need