Hansen - contract extension needed!!!

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: Hansen - contract extension needed!!!

Post by griz »

donlever wrote:
griz wrote: Burrows = irreplaceable. You might be able to replace burrows numbers. But you can't replace his heart.
...would you trade Burrows straight up for David Clarkson?
I'd prefer Edler for Clarkson. We've had too many special eds.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Booth says he owes it to himself and Jesus to play great next season!

Because of that and there really isn't a market for his services I wouldn't think.

I say keep him.

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Aaronp18 on Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

True enough... I just have grown to dislike Booth even though I think he has more to give. I'd rather see that happen elsewhere. Maybe package him up with Tanev and a team sends a decent young asset our way. Perhaps Vancouver eats a million of Booth's contract and thne has another 5 mill to play with.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

donlever wrote:Are we hanging 14 in the rafters beside 16?
Oh please I hope so!

In two years he'll be in the top 10 franchise records on goals and points, could be top 5 in E/S goals, already top 3 in +-, could crack top 5 in PIMS, could be #1 in SHG, top 5 in GWG, top 5 in playoff goals, top ten in playoff points, already #1 for Playoff OT goals, plus scored one of the biggest goals in franchise history.

....yeah I'm a Burrows fan. :oops: I would not trade him straight up for Clarkson. He's one of those guys that has way more value to our franchise than he would to another team (kind of like ol' #16 actually).

Hansen's cool too though!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

If the team retires the three numbers they have up there now..... which is a joke, chances are a scrub like Burrows will find his way up there one day.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Arachnid wrote:The hallmark of great players is the ability to adjust your game to your age and experience...Yzerman did this to perfection...
...until he became a GM. :lol:
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

BurningBeard wrote:
Arachnid wrote:The hallmark of great players is the ability to adjust your game to your age and experience...Yzerman did this to perfection...
...until he became a GM. :lol:
BB, there are 99 reasons I could tell you why it's hard to adjust from a great player to a great GM (or coach), let's keep an eye on Burnaby Joe too...as a player that has had to adjust his game I can tell you it's not hard if you really want to prolong your playing days...scoring ego be damned! :|
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

We don't need Hansen to score 20 goals, we need him to score 10-15 on the third line while skating his ass off and playing great D.

I'm sure he'll be extended shortly.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:If the team retires the three numbers they have up there now..... which is a joke, chances are a scrub like Burrows will find his way up there one day.
Personally I would like to see MG hanging from the rafters - in a noose.. no matter that RD has suddenly fallen in love with him ;)

meantime.. KEEP HANSEN.. he is one of the few that ups his game in the playoffs and is a solid 2 way player..
Keep Burrows until next year... the Sedins' are a "one trick pony" and need him.. Get rid of all 3 next year.. they are in decline..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Maybe someone can post the link for the last five years of playoff scoring leaders for my helmet wearing friend here.

Everyone loves to shit on the twins yet offers no alternative as to who would replace the PPG they average in the regular season and the playoffs.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Tciso wrote:Hansen is on the last year of his contract. I mentioned this last summer, but, I think it is time the Canucks lock him up long term. Goofballs like Bozak are asking $5mil/season. Hansen is not in quite that league, but looking at his performance, he could easily ask $3.5mil, and be worth it. I'd love to see GMMG sign him to a 5 yr $10mil contract extension before this season starts. He's the kinda guy I want long term on my 3rd line, and I'd hate to see him slip away.
$2.5m per instead over 4 years. :thumbs:
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.