Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote:juicy gossipmongering
@RealBillWatters

Schneider 's exit from Vancouver was precipitated by off ice issues, rather than goaltending and financial as outlined in Gillis' rationale.
Meh, he's a goalie (AND a ginger). Prolly walks around downtown naked or some shit. :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Vader
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vader »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
ODB wrote: Is waterhead really that fucking cheap? They wont give Gillis the go ahead to buy out Ballard?

What a fucking gong show the Canucks have become.
I think Gillis was quoted as saying they WILL buy Ballard out.

Don't swallow the crap the local hacks are dishing out.

I personally guarantee you that your Vancouver Canucks will use both compliance buyouts.

Is there anyone else you can think of this year they would use it on or do you think next year?
Next year should have a better free agent crop so you would think Gillis will use it next year.

Ditto for Richards in NYR - he's only around because most of the centre's in this years UFA pool are a marginal upgrade. He'll be bought out next year
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Strangelove wrote:
@RealBillWatters

Schneider 's exit from Vancouver was precipitated by off ice issues, rather than goaltending and financial as outlined in Gillis' rationale.
Meh, he's a goalie (AND a ginger). Prolly walks around downtown naked or some shit. :drink:
haha twitter is going nuts with this apparently it was RK bangin' CS gf.
And these are the days of our lives here in Canuckland.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Its all bullshit and referencing some dip shits tweet puts posters here no better than CP.

Will also say that twitter is for retards or wanna bes because they have no life.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

lol it is all just some bullshit - relax smoke some reefer *so original*

passittobulis slams this as well, but shows how it all started.

http://vansunsportsblogs.com/2013/07/03 ... ed-gossip/
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

@RealBillWatters

Maybe he banged someones wife. haha jk idk. :o
I won't believe any of it until I hear it from Aaron
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Topper wrote:
@RealBillWatters

Maybe he banged someones wife. haha jk idk. :o
I won't believe any of it until I hear it from Aaron
Nope, I didn't get any emails.

Though I'm usually a day late and a dollar short so gimme some time!
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Wow somebody send a link to Bb quick !
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

sagebrush wrote: Can't wait to see you next week @GMMikeGillis .............. :-) Strombone‏@strombone1
Sounds like a threat!! :crazy:
____
Try to focus on someday.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

^^ Maybe it's a date.

If nothing else, this board proves there's no accounting for taste.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
cjc
CC Veteran

Post by cjc »

You're all gonna be sued.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

It was painfully obvious who the better goaltender was throughout the season last year. Schneider looked faster, better positioned, and way more efficient coming across the net. His legs are probably twice as quick as Lou's going into tthe butterfly and he can actually stay upright when he kicks out a low shot due to his superior strength.

You guys act like there's no difference beteen Cory and Lou, but there is actually a considerable gap between them. And guess what? That gap is only going to get exponentially WIDER as Cory continues to improve and Lou continues to decline. I would way rather be paying a truly elite Cory 6 mill in two years than an average-at-best Luongo 5.3 in four years.

Cory was so remarkably good that he firmly supplanted an elite goalie with a lifetime contract by simply being so much better that our coach and GM had no choice but to admit he was the man. The original plan was to keep Lou and develop and trade Cory, but his awesomeness forced them to change that plan and shop Luongo. Now suddenly the CC Bountifulites want to claim Cory only won the starter job because Lou wanted out, which is a total joke. Lou didn't want out until Cory took his fucking job.

It's the same bullshit this board pulled after the Hodgson trade. A kid you were all creaming your underoos about is suddenly not very good and we're lucky to be rid of him.

And holy LOFL at you clowns who are blaming AV for Luongo's playoff suckage and think Torts is going to somehow hop in the crease himself and save the day. Wishful think much? Yeah AV should've yanked him earlier a couple times, but saying Luongo, at 35, is going to be a "much different goaltender" under Torts is flat-out styrofoam-helmet-on-the-bus retarded. What's he gonna do, yell at Lou to be "stiffer" in net? Christ, they'll be walking on eggshells around him for the next year or two.

Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Rumsfeld wrote: You guys act like there's no difference beteen Cory and Lou, but there is actually a considerable gap between them.
True, Lou has won THIRTY-TWO playoff games versus Cory's ONE.

Drink Rummy... DRINK.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Rumsfeld wrote:It was painfully obvious who the better goaltender was throughout the season last year. Schneider looked faster, better positioned, and way more efficient coming across the net. His legs are probably twice as quick as Lou's going into tthe butterfly and he can actually stay upright when he kicks out a low shot due to his superior strength.
It's not a strength issue so much as it is a physiology and flexibility issue. Lou is "bow-legged", Cory is not. For Lou to actually go into the butterfly and get his pads to rotate out along the ice is next to impossible without him falling forward. What's remarkable is how good he actually is despite this disadvantage.
Rummy wrote: You guys act like there's no difference beteen Cory and Lou, but there is actually a considerable gap between them. And guess what? That gap is only going to get exponentially WIDER as Cory continues to improve and Lou continues to decline. I would way rather be paying a truly elite Cory 6 mill in two years than an average-at-best Luongo 5.3 in four years.
Still waiting to see what this incredible gap is. How about we wait and compare them after they have both played a full season.
Rummy wrote: Cory was so remarkably good that he firmly supplanted an elite goalie with a lifetime contract by simply being so much better that our coach and GM had no choice but to admit he was the man. The original plan was to keep Lou and develop and trade Cory, but his awesomeness forced them to change that plan and shop Luongo. Now suddenly the CC Bountifulites want to claim Cory only won the starter job because Lou wanted out, which is a total joke. Lou didn't want out until Cory took his fucking job.
After the 2011 SCF, Andrew Raycroft would have challenged for the starting role. Lou was emotionally up and down, the fans had completely turned on him, and now Mrs. Lou was spending almost all of her time in Florida (allegedly). Cory was in his second season as the full-time backup and his first season had been outstanding, he shared the Jennings with Lou. He fared little better than Luongo that year in the few playoff minutes he saw, and come 2012 everyone wanted Schneider in net because of "the meltdowns". So we saw Schneider 8 more times, and then he took the reigns in the playoffs despite the fact that everyone short of the Luonfreudeists could see that Louie had been the best player on the ice for Vancouver through games 1 and 2. You are right about that being when he wanted out. Cory in no way "stole the job" from Luongo. Vigneault just decided to give it to him.....and at this point every player decision that AV made doesn't really hold much weight.
Rummy wrote: It's the same bullshit this board pulled after the Hodgson trade. A kid you were all creaming your underoos about is suddenly not very good and we're lucky to be rid of him.
I think you exaggerate here. Schneider looked to be the real deal. No question. I think we all wanted him to stay, and I don't think anyone here would dispute that. This is plan B that we are seeing right now, but really it's not like plan B stands for "backup". :P Luongo is still a VERY good goaltender, actually he's still an elite goaltender in all likelihood. If anyone thinks that we would have been better off going the way we have gone even though Lou could have gotten us the same return.....they need psych exam.
Rummy wrote: And holy LOFL at you clowns who are blaming AV for Luongo's playoff suckage and think Torts is going to somehow hop in the crease himself and save the day. Wishful think much? Yeah AV should've yanked him earlier a couple times, but saying Luongo, at 35, is going to be a "much different goaltender" under Torts is flat-out styrofoam-helmet-on-the-bus retarded. What's he gonna do, yell at Lou to be "stiffer" in net? Christ, they'll be walking on eggshells around him for the next year or two.
I haven't seen that one yet. Someone actually thinks Torts is going to turn Luongo around? Pfffft.....better quote that.

Personally I do think that Torts might be able to turn around Luongo's attitude towards playing in Vancouver. I also think Tortorella can turn the team in front of Luongo into something a little more competitive and accountable. The only thing that might turn Lou's play around in all of this is his competitive drive and penchant for taking everything so damned personally.