The Goalie Market

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: The Goalie Market

Postby RoyalDude » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:50 pm

Strangelove wrote:How does that contradict what I said about Schneids AND Luongo getting traded? Image

I know you THINK I have a problem saying I'm wrong so I'm gonna prove you wrong now.

I was wrrrrrr.... ahem... okay I was wrrrrrrrrrr.... :crazy:

Oh fuck off rookie, no one predicted this.....

A humble Doc doesn't sit well with me. It's like the blue sky all of a sudden becoming Green.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby SKYO » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:04 pm

RDP is available now. lol

"Isles team will use compliance buyout for DiPietro -- $1.5 million owed for next 16 seasons will not count against cap."
SKYO
CC Legend

Postby Hockey Widow » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:52 pm

Will be interesting to see over the next 24 hours who else is put on waivers with the intention of being bought out and next season for those teams still have compliance buy outs left.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Postby SKYO » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:37 am

And it appears Emery could be re-signing with the Hawks as well http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/madhous ... 93131.html, that along with Smith re-signing, what kind of goalie market is there now?
SKYO
CC Legend

Postby Hockey Widow » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:06 pm

SKYO wrote:And it appears Emery could be re-signing with the Hawks as well http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/madhous ... 93131.html, that along with Smith re-signing, what kind of goalie market is there now?

A lot of teams I think were banking on goalies like Smith and Emery hitting FA.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Postby Meds » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:00 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:
SKYO wrote:And it appears Emery could be re-signing with the Hawks as well http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/madhous ... 93131.html, that along with Smith re-signing, what kind of goalie market is there now?

I gotta say I was a little surprised to hear that Smith signed an extension. Loyalty to Sean Burke aside, I would have thought that a guy who is, allegedly, as competitive as he is would want to try and play in a market where the fans were as excited to come to the rink and watch as the players are to play.

Maybe he's got an inside track and knows that the 'Yotes won't be the 'Yotes come September.....
Meds
CC Legend

Postby Hockey Widow » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:07 pm

Meds wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:

I gotta say I was a little surprised to hear that Smith signed an extension. Loyalty to Sean Burke aside, I would have thought that a guy who is, allegedly, as competitive as he is would want to try and play in a market where the fans were as excited to come to the rink and watch as the players are to play.

Maybe he's got an inside track and knows that the 'Yotes won't be the 'Yotes come September.....

To me it is a guy knowing what he has and staying with it. He is who he is as a goalie because of the success in Phoenix. Why leave that when you know what you have? A lot of players moved onto greener pastures never to have the same success again.

IU'm more surprised Emery didn't want to test FA.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Postby Strangelove » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:09 pm

Meds wrote:Maybe he's got an inside track and knows that the 'Yotes won't be the 'Yotes come September.....

Well he's building a house in Phoenix so maybe he's got an inside track and knows that the 'Yotes WILL be the 'Yotes.
____
The Ring Leader
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby $lacker » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:09 pm

Ironic that had GMMG waited a week or two he may have actually gotten a better return for CS.
$lacker
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby Strangelove » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:11 pm

$lacker wrote:Ironic that had GMMG waited a week or two he may have actually gotten a better return for CS.

Doubt it...
____
The Ring Leader
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby Hockey Widow » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:12 pm

$lacker wrote:Ironic that had GMMG waited a week or two he may have actually gotten a better return for CS.

No because as soon as the buy out window closed we would have two goalies, no cap space and have to move one of them.

By making the trade and waiving Ballard we now have just over 8 million to spend in the up coming FA period. Waiting as week or two was not an option.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Postby ORCA » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:55 am

Strangelove wrote:
Meds wrote:Maybe he's got an inside track and knows that the 'Yotes won't be the 'Yotes come September.....

Well he's building a house in Phoenix so maybe he's got an inside track and knows that the 'Yotes WILL be the 'Yotes.

Cheap golf. Cheap everything. Zero accountability in a dead market. Why would you leave Phoenix if you didn't have to?
Slackers paradise.
~Your Friendly Neighborhood Killer Whale
ORCA
CC Veteran

Postby dbr » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:04 am

Anyone else note that Mike Smith's extension expires at the same time as Dave Tippett's?
dbr
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Strangelove » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:13 pm

Strangelove wrote:

Annnnd Strangelove is right again.

*catches Topper's evil eye* :crazy:

Speaking of Topper and yours truly, yours truly will be heading to Topper Country for 4/5 days in the morning.

Gonna miss all the free agent fun on these boards! :(
____
The Ring Leader
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby Meds » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:34 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

Annnnd Strangelove is right again.

It's tragic. It really is.

Not that you're right.....but that you're right about this.
Meds
CC Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat