Ballard on waivers

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Ballard on waivers

Postby Madcombinepilot » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:10 am

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=426738


Well, that answers that question.

Looks like we are keeping edler
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with untill you understand I am in charge.
User avatar
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 1954
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:54 am
Location: Saskatoon, Sk.

Re: Ballard on waivers

Postby ClamRussel » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:45 am

This is bad timing imo, I really was thinking it would have been a fresh start for Ballard playing for Torts.
Now that trade looks even worse, if thats possible.
"Once a King, always a King"
-Mike Murphy
User avatar
ClamRussel
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3744
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:50 am
Location: New South Wales, Australia

Re: Ballard on waivers

Postby Benjo » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:49 am

Can't afford to wait and see any more with the reduced cap
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 666
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:39 pm

Re: Ballard on waivers

Postby Hockey Widow » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:03 pm

Yes, if there are no takers he will then in all likelihood be placed on unconditional waivers with the intention of being bought out. MG is trying to see if anyone will take him for free before the buyout. If not he will need to bite the bullet. I guess we will get to see if MG should have been able to trade him by the number of takers.

One thing I respect about Homer over in Philly, when he made the move to buy out Bryz he acknowledged a mistake had been made and moves were begin made to rectify that mistake. MG would gain a lot of brownie points if he did something similar.

I was firmly on the side that believed this was a good deal at the time and I am still shocked that Ballard never worked out her, never close to working out here.
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3965
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Ballard on waivers

Postby SKYO » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:10 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:Yes, if there are no takers he will then in all likelihood be placed on unconditional waivers with the intention of being bought out. MG is trying to see if anyone will take him for free before the buyout. If not he will need to bite the bullet. I guess we will get to see if MG should have been able to trade him by the number of takers.

One thing I respect about Homer over in Philly, when he made the move to buy out Bryz he acknowledged a mistake had been made and moves were begin made to rectify that mistake. MG would gain a lot of brownie points if he did something similar.

I was firmly on the side that believed this was a good deal at the time and I am still shocked that Ballard never worked out her, never close to working out here.


Yeah as soon as we got Hamhuis, our left side d was locked up and Ballard never got a fair chance, I have no doubt on a team lacking top 4 d on the left side, he will rebound and have a great season. If any player needs a change a scenery other than Lu :P its Ballard.

But either way if he doesn't get claimed he will be forced to be bought out, and yes I would like MG to just come out and say the obvious that he is fixing some mistakes.
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3463
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Ballard on waivers

Postby Hockey Widow » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:14 pm

So with Ballard all but gone how many KB's do we have left?
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3965
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Ballard on waivers

Postby dbr » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:53 pm

I would guess that the fact that Ballard is on waivers means there were no takers for a trade... on the Canucks terms, anyways.

There were probably teams willing to take on Ballard in exchange for their own problems, but clearly the Canucks can't accommodate that this year.
dbr
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2515
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:37 pm

Re: Ballard on waivers

Postby Hockey Widow » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:58 pm

dbr wrote:I would guess that the fact that Ballard is on waivers means there were no takers for a trade... on the Canucks terms, anyways.

There were probably teams willing to take on Ballard in exchange for their own problems, but clearly the Canucks can't accommodate that this year.



Yes, it would defeat the point of clearing up another 4+ in cap space.
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3965
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Ballard on waivers

Postby Strangelove » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:24 pm

dbr wrote:I would guess that the fact that Ballard is on waivers means there were no takers for a trade... on the Canucks terms, anyways.

There were probably teams willing to take on Ballard in exchange for their own problems, but clearly the Canucks can't accommodate that this year.


I'm still wondering if a Ballard deal is in place whereby Canucks take back a bad contract in the $1mil range.

Maybe Gillis told the potential trading partner they wanna try waivers first?

On the other hand they have just enough time to get to compliance buyout.

24 hours for ordinary waivers + 48 hours for compliance waivers.

Either way, so long KB4...
____
The Ring Leader
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7395
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: Ballard on waivers

Postby Eddy Punch Clock » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:25 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:So with Ballard all but gone how many KB's do we have left?


Still one too many? :P
2011..... the one that got away.
User avatar
Eddy Punch Clock
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 964
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:35 am
Location: The Wack

Re: Ballard on waivers

Postby Strangelove » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:27 pm

ClamRussel wrote:This is bad timing imo, I really was thinking it would have been a fresh start for Ballard playing for Torts.
Now that trade looks even worse, if thats possible.


Yup, worst Gillis trade ever.

And now it's time to dump his salary...
____
The Ring Leader
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7395
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: Ballard on waivers

Postby Strangelove » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:30 pm

Eddy Punch Clock wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:So with Ballard all but gone how many KB's do we have left?


Still one too many? :P


Hopefully you thought it's spelled "Kam" rather than "Cam".

Because otherwise.... :evil:
____
The Ring Leader
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7395
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: Ballard on waivers

Postby Eddy Punch Clock » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:42 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Eddy Punch Clock wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:So with Ballard all but gone how many KB's do we have left?


Still one too many? :P


Hopefully you thought it's spelled "Kam" rather than "Cam".

Because otherwise.... :evil:


:lol:

I was just fucking around. I got no problem Bieksa.

His scowl is just about all the asshole we've got.
2011..... the one that got away.
User avatar
Eddy Punch Clock
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 964
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:35 am
Location: The Wack

Re: Ballard on waivers

Postby Strangelove » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:45 pm

Yeah if looks could kill eh Eddy? :evil:
____
The Ring Leader
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7395
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: Ballard on waivers

Postby Eddy Punch Clock » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:49 pm

Strangelove wrote:Yeah if looks could kill eh Eddy? :evil:


Yeah, we'll have to wait and see who wins the first stare down...

Bieksa or Torts.
2011..... the one that got away.
User avatar
Eddy Punch Clock
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 964
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:35 am
Location: The Wack

Next

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 2 guests