Draft Day Roundup

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Draft Day Roundup

Post by Cornuck »

Bo Horvat, 18, was selected 9th overall in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft. He had 33 goals (33-28-61) in 67 regular-season games in 2012.13 for London of the OHL and was named the Most Valuable Player of the OHL playoffs.

Hunter Shinkaruk
, 18, was selected 24th overall in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft. He served as Medicine Hat’s captain during the 2012.13 season and finished first on the team in assists (49) and second in both goals (37) and points (86). He also led the Tigers in playoff scoring with three goals and three assists in eight games.

Cole Cassel
s, 18, was selected 85th overall in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft. The 6’0”, 178-pound centre collected 43 points (15-28-43) and 61 penalty minutes in 64 games played for the Oshawa Generals.

Jordan Subban, 18, was selected 115th overall in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft. In 2012.13, Subban finished sixth among Ontario Hockey League defencemen with 51 points in 68 regular season games (15-36-51). Internationally, Subban helped Team Canada earn a gold medal at the 2012 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament and played for Ontario’s bronze-medal team at the 2012 Under-17 World Hockey Challenge.

Anton Cederholm, 18, was selected 145th overall in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft. In 2012.13 he collected 13 points (5-8-13) in 36 games with Rogle junior.

Mike Williamson, 18, was selected 175th overall in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft. He recorded 11 points (1-10-11) and 35 penalty minutes in 23 games for Spruce Grove of the AJHL in 2012.13.

MilesLiberati
, 18, was selected 205th overall in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft. He notched nine points (3-6-9) in 42 games played for London of the OHL in 2012.13.

--------------------------------

One of the best drafts for the Canucks in a long time, thanks to a deep pool and bold move. It was a good enough draft to make RoyalDude a fan. We've stocked the cupboards again with some quality prospects and the future is looking ok.

What grade do you give Gillis and the scouts?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Draft Day Roundup

Post by rats19 »

Best draft in ..well for ever it seems I give a B. B-

It s the now moves that will impress or not this time..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

MG is working his way back in to Chef Boi RD's good books.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

RoyalDude wrote:MG is working his way back in to Chef Boi RD's good books.
A fan yesterday... Stripe earner today..lol
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

How funny that RD is on board just when so many are jumping the good ship gillis...
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

ukcanuck wrote:How funny that RD is on board just when so many are jumping the good ship gillis...
There is a definite madness to his method... 8-)
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Gillis and I are on the same page now. He just needs to live with the kids growing pains to jump start the next wave. This team has no choice, the cap isn't working in their favor. No more cooking the kids in the minors. I expect to see Jensen, Shroeder, Lack and Corrado this year, Gaunce next year and see how the new coach makes out.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

RoyalDude wrote:Gillis and I are on the same page now. He just needs to live with the kids growing pains to jump start the next wave. This :look: team has no choice, the cap isn't working in their favor. No more cooking the kids in the minors. I expect to see Jensen, Shroeder, Lack and Corrado this year, Gaunce next year and see how the new coach makes out.
Took him long enough...FFS
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

Loved our first round- although I still think we could have squeezed a prospect out of Joisey too.

Bitter that we had no second round- (in hind sight only... I admit was on the Roy bandwagon)

Indifferent about our third round.- Meh, 40 something points in 60 something games-two way, blood lines, blah blah blah...

Fourth Round- just pray Subban visits the same witch doctor Tanev did and we could have the steal of the draft... prolly just a AHL superstar though.

Fifths round- Meh, we'll see.

Sixth round- Only pick I really don't like. There had to have been a better project or risk to take out there.

Seventh Round- Who cares if he pans out; we drafted the guy with the coolest name.
2011..... the one that got away.
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

I just noticed there was no thread for Miles Literati.

fyi- here's what a couple of guys who watch him play have to say:
Pens fan here in peace. I've known the Liberati's for years, and he is going to be good. He just happed to be behind Harrington, Maatta, Zadorov etc. He was playing on the 3rd pairing for most of the season, and was ranked 86 I think in the mid season central scouting rankings. The only reason he dropped was because London traded for a veteran defenseman for their Memorial Cup run. I think you got a 3rd round talent in the 7th round.

I am hoping he becomes a great player for you some day!
Knights season ticket holder .....

Miles is a good pick... lots of time for development and could never really get in the line up consistently to prove anything but he made things happen on the PP. He's got some hands on him and found himself at forward a few times in the playoffs and towards the end of the regular season and showed very well there also. Needs to work on his play in his own zone. Pivots aren't great and something that'll worked. Shifty when he needs to be and has an offensive mind. I hope he gets to play more this year in London but I have a feeling he maybe dealt.
2011..... the one that got away.