MacKenzie: Corey Schneider to NJ for 9th overall pick

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: MacKenzie: Corey Schneider to NJ for 9th overall pick

Postby Arbour » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:15 pm

Diehard1 wrote:
Arbour wrote:It's not over yet, Gillis has 16 players signed and is now only $1mil below the cap. Sad to see Corey go but if there is no decent market for Lou then so be it. Horvat looks like he will fill a need and has a potential upside.


Hes $4 million below the cap with 16 signed. Needs to sign Tanev, a 3rd line center and maybe another winger, but there's room again assuming Ballard is gone.

My bad, I was looking at salary payroll not cap payroll. Duh.

Any update on Booth and if he is expected to be ready for the beginning of the season?
Arbour
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:54 pm

Re: MacKenzie: Corey Schneider to NJ for 9th overall pick

Postby SKYO » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:16 pm

Topper wrote:and to reiterate what HW mentioned earlier, GMMG called the bluff on all those GM's waiting for the Luongo situation to force a buyout or dump.

I still have a gut feeling Luongo is in play, but the balance just shifted further into GMMG's court.

How does that Nonis deadline day rumour look now?

For those not liking the value, consider the Pommiville, JBou and Iggie deals for lesser 1st round picks.


Well Fransico Aquilini flew this morning to Florida to talk to Luongo to smooth things over after this entire fucking mess MG got us into.

Pierre LeBrun ‏
Once deal was agreed on last night, Canucks owner Francisco Aquilini decided to fly to Florida this morning to talk to Luongo.

Aquilini is there now. Don't think he's hooked up with Luongo though yet. Obviously wants to smooth things over
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3475
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: MacKenzie: Corey Schneider to NJ for 9th overall pick

Postby Strangelove » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:23 pm

Arbour wrote:Any update on Booth and if he is expected to be ready for the beginning of the season?


https://twitter.com/News1130Sports/status/346649962475565056

Booth's agent Mike Liut says his client will be fine come training camp.
____
The Ring Leader
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7398
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: MacKenzie: Corey Schneider to NJ for 9th overall pick

Postby BurningBeard » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:27 pm

Pierre LeBrun ‏
Once deal was agreed on last night, Canucks owner Francisco Aquilini decided to fly to Florida this morning to talk to Luongo.

Aquilini is there now. Don't think he's hooked up with Luongo though yet. Obviously wants to smooth things over

Time to make him an offer he can't refuse...
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
User avatar
BurningBeard
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 894
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: MacKenzie: Corey Schneider to NJ for 9th overall pick

Postby SKYO » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:29 pm

Can't imagine Luongo being none too happy about this after being dragged under a fucking bus all year, knowing full well the team has Schneider as their #1 goalie, then boom now he's expected to run back happy with open arms to this team? smh

Anyways hopefully the Aquabros can indeed smooth things over.
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3475
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: MacKenzie: Corey Schneider to NJ for 9th overall pick

Postby Strangelove » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:30 pm

SKYO wrote:Well Fransico Aquilini flew this morning to Florida to talk to Luongo to smooth things over after this entire fucking mess MG got us into.

Pierre LeBrun ‏
Once deal was agreed on last night, Canucks owner Francisco Aquilini decided to fly to Florida this morning to talk to Luongo.

Aquilini is there now. Don't think he's hooked up with Luongo though yet. Obviously wants to smooth things over


Yes this is another fucking mess Gillis has gotten us into Skyo.

Seriously, how does Lou come back to Vancouver after making it crystal clear he wants out??

Perhaps Aquilini is there to whisper in Lou's ear "SHHH we've got another deal in place to send you to the Panthers."
____
The Ring Leader
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7398
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: MacKenzie: Corey Schneider to NJ for 9th overall pick

Postby Strangelove » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:31 pm

BurningBeard wrote:Time to make him an offer he can't refuse...


;)
____
The Ring Leader
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7398
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: MacKenzie: Corey Schneider to NJ for 9th overall pick

Postby Strangelove » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:31 pm

SKYO wrote:Can't imagine Luongo being none too happy about this after being dragged under a fucking bus all year, knowing full well the team has Schneider as their #1 goalie, then boom now he's expected to run back happy with open arms to this team? smh


Yup
____
The Ring Leader
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7398
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: MacKenzie: Corey Schneider to NJ for 9th overall pick

Postby BurningBeard » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:32 pm

SKYO wrote:Anyways hopefully the Aquabros can indeed smooth things over.

Yeah, Francisco and some of his pals from Commercial Drive are going to smooth things right over with Lou... :)
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
User avatar
BurningBeard
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 894
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: MacKenzie: Corey Schneider to NJ for 9th overall pick

Postby SKYO » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:44 pm

Strangelove wrote:Seriously, how does Lou come back to Vancouver after making it crystal clear he wants out??

Perhaps Aquilini is there to whisper in Lou's ear "SHHH we've got another deal in place to send you to the Panthers."


lol but yeah Francesco will have to purchase a home for him, like Lu needs more money, but that's the type of love Luongo needs to feel better. :P BurningBeard knows whats up.

But yeah happy with the picks overall Horvat and Shinkaruk :thumbs:

Hoping Ballard for 2nd as we need a future dman!
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3475
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: MacKenzie: Corey Schneider to NJ for 9th overall pick

Postby Strangelove » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:50 pm

SKYO wrote:lol but yeah Francesco will have to purchase a home for him, like Lu needs more money, but that's the type of love Luongo needs to feel better. :P


Yeah I heard the other day Lou's condo in Vancouver sold.

Is it true?

Bridges have been burnt, I just don't see Lou coming back and being happy no matter HOW much Aqua pumps his tires.
____
The Ring Leader
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7398
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: MacKenzie: Corey Schneider to NJ for 9th overall pick

Postby SKYO » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:54 pm

Strangelove wrote:
SKYO wrote:lol but yeah Francesco will have to purchase a home for him, like Lu needs more money, but that's the type of love Luongo needs to feel better. :P


Yeah I heard the other day Lou's condo in Vancouver sold.

Is it true?

Bridges have been burnt, I just don't see Lou coming back and being happy no matter HOW much Aqua pumps his tires.


No it's still unsold.
@BradZiemer
Luongo's realtor tells me his Vancouver condo, listed for $4.2 million, has not sold. So he's got that going for him.


But maybe Lu now needs a penthouse at Shangri-La.
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3475
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: MacKenzie: Corey Schneider to NJ for 9th overall pick

Postby Cornuck » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:57 pm

Strangelove wrote:
SKYO wrote:lol but yeah Francesco will have to purchase a home for him, like Lu needs more money, but that's the type of love Luongo needs to feel better. :P


Yeah I heard the other day Lou's condo in Vancouver sold.

Is it true?

Bridges have been burnt, I just don't see Lou coming back and being happy no matter HOW much Aqua pumps his tires.


@BradZiemer

Luongo's realtor tells me his Vancouver condo, listed for $4.2 million, has not sold. So he's got that going for him.
Over 40 years of pain - I just want one day of glory.
User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Chester, NE

Re: MacKenzie: Corey Schneider to NJ for 9th overall pick

Postby Uncle dans leg » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:26 pm

What a circus. I'm curious what we will think once the inevitable Luongo spring meltdown happens

Can't see Luongo happily going back to his ex after the young buck down the street was shamelessly tapping her ass for the last 14 months

That said, Horvat looks like a damn good asset and definitely good value for CS.
nobody forks with...the jesus
User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1978
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: Lethbridge AB

Re: MacKenzie: Corey Schneider to NJ for 9th overall pick

Postby vic » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:16 pm

Circus is over, Luongo got what he wanted, to be the #1.
User avatar
vic
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 415
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:29 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], isle_nuck and 1 guest