Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hockey Widow wrote:I thank now that Torts should be announced with the next day or two as the new coach we will see more personnel movement. Does MG trade Roy's right? Does he trade Raymond's right? Does he extend Lappy and Tanev? Does he find a taker for Ballard, for Booth? Will a Luongo deal get announced between now and the draft, a mere 7 days away? Does Manny retire and become an assistant coach?

Will he exercise a buyout or two before the draft?

Usually we have a few weeks to a month to get ready for the funny season but it begins as soon as the cup is won.

A lot of speculation that several tams have deals about out be announced but they or Bettman does not want to take eyes off the finals so they wait patiently until the cup is hoisted. Will we see a rush then of announcements form around the league?
7 days to Bold Moves!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Well, if he plans to trade anyone and then get a player back he wants to buy out one would presume that needs to happen very very quickly as the buyout window is fast approaching and is only open until July 4th. It could be as early as Wednesday night or Friday depending upon tonights game.
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Seems like we are finally letang Ballard free!

"@krufrank

Hearing there is a good chance Ballard could be traded to MIN for a draft pick"

Seems about right as Minny is lacking experienced top 4 dmen.
Suter
Gilbert
Brodin
Stoner
Scandella
Prosser
Falk
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

This @krufrank has zero credibility.

Others have been suggesting the wild will actively shop Tom Gilbert which flies in the face of this reasoning, furthermore while a player like Brodin is not "proven" he just wrapped up a rookie season playing a top pairing role effectively.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Gaunce gets invite to Junior development camp. Good experience for him and perhaps we get to see him at the next Junior Worlds. If he is not having a rookie of the year type season with the Canucks that is :mrgreen:

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=675583
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hockey Widow wrote:Gaunce gets invite to Junior development camp. Good experience for him and perhaps we get to see him at the next Junior Worlds. If he is not having a rookie of the year type season with the Canucks that is :mrgreen:

Ahem
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Wonder what kind of money Ference will be looking for.

Probably way more than he's worth given the success of his previous team.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Topper wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Gaunce gets invite to Junior development camp. Good experience for him and perhaps we get to see him at the next Junior Worlds. If he is not having a rookie of the year type season with the Canucks that is :mrgreen:

Ahem

Sorry.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Presser at 4pm Eastern today, so the rumour goes.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Apparently Manny has meet with a group of teams in NY and has some serious interest on a new deal. Wants to try and comeback. A successful comeback would make MG look pretty foolish no?
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Hockey Widow wrote:Apparently Manny has meet with a group of teams in NY and has some serious interest on a new deal. Wants to try and comeback. A successful comeback would make MG look pretty foolish no?
Guess it depends on how successful. And one blindside hit and concussion later and it's all over and at Least it's not on Mikey's watch is probably gilly goats reaction
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Is it safe to say that we are looking at about a million to one odds that the players agent MG will make a bold move today?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hockey Widow wrote:Apparently Manny has meet with a group of teams in NY and has some serious interest on a new deal. Wants to try and comeback. A successful comeback would make MG look pretty foolish no?
No, we saw the way Manny was playing, even though Manny couldn't see it.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Latest from ole reliable - Daren Dreger "gillis says he's not feeling pressured to make a deal"

Surprising! I'm shocked!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Apparently Gillis demands are through the roof on what he wants in return.

Surprising! I'm shocked!