Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Post by Chef Boi RD »

ukcanuck wrote:
I seem to remember Taylor getting all holier than thou over the Bertuzzi thing, I thought it was pretty hypocritical and I e never quite got past that with Taylor
Yeah, Taylor has done the holier than thou thing a few times, I can't remember the others beside Bertuzzi. I remember him getting holier than thou on the Rypien incident with the kid in the fans. I know, it was wrong, but Taylor just took the holier than thou shite over the incident to the 10th degree. Rypien fucked up, a mistake, MOVE ON!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Rede wrote:According to Dreger the Canucks are shopping Cory.
If true, don't want to get the ire of Rumsfeld, Doc and Blob, but if true, it would be because Gillis exhausted all avenues in trying to trade Luongo in that his only option now in dealing with Luongo is a buy out and if the rumors would be true in that Aqualini will not buy out, Gillis is screwed and trading Schneider is his only option with fixing the situation. It wouldn't be because he wants to trade Schneider. Then again, would Luongo be willing to stay here? Fuck is Mike screwed. I just can't see a GM making a trade with him knowing the fucked situation Gillis is in, knowing that if he can't trade him, he will have to waive him/buy him out.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

nuckster wrote:Was thinking about the reality of this situation the other day; If i was Aqualini I would find it extremely difficult to be ok with buying out a huge contract like Lous... I mean 'good-god' that's alot of money! Economically in BC we're rather hard-pressed; the public sector is trying to extract every dollar they can due to budget shortfalls, teachers can't even get a contract, and so really, is a hockey team owner going to be in a position to fork out all those extra dollars involved with a buy-out? Maybe some, but probably not one from BC, and if it were me, considering the amounts involved , no frikin way! Bye Cory.
What does aqua man's personal money have to do with the government's budgets?

Rich people living in BC can't decide what they want to do with THEIR hard earned money because teachers can't get a contract from the government?

Maybe the average worker in BC should stop going out for dinner, you know because it's not fair to all those homeless people who barely get enough money to eat once a day.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

vic wrote:
nuckster wrote:Was thinking about the reality of this situation the other day; If i was Aqualini I would find it extremely difficult to be ok with buying out a huge contract like Lous... I mean 'good-god' that's alot of money! Economically in BC we're rather hard-pressed; the public sector is trying to extract every dollar they can due to budget shortfalls, teachers can't even get a contract, and so really, is a hockey team owner going to be in a position to fork out all those extra dollars involved with a buy-out? Maybe some, but probably not one from BC, and if it were me, considering the amounts involved , no frikin way! Bye Cory.
What does aqua man's personal money have to do with the government's budgets?

Rich people living in BC can't decide what they want to do with THEIR hard earned money because teachers can't get a contract from the government?

Maybe the average worker in BC should stop going out for dinner, you know because it's not fair to all those homeless people who barely get enough money to eat once a day.
You go Vic..... :shock:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
sagebrush
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by sagebrush »

A rational Luongo should temper his trade demands, with the realization that under waivers, he doesn't get to pick his destination.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
black ace
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by black ace »

sagebrush wrote:A rational Luongo should temper his trade demands, with the realization that under waivers, he doesn't get to pick his destination.
What are his demands ???
2011 BC Sports Central CFL Pool Champion
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

black ace wrote:
sagebrush wrote:A rational Luongo should temper his trade demands, with the realization that under waivers, he doesn't get to pick his destination.
What are his demands ???
To be traded.....lol
black ace
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by black ace »

imo at this point you need to evaluate whether Luongo +1st rounder+prospect is better than Schneider+buyout of Luongo. Unfortunately Gillis has waited so long on Luongo that there isint a market for him. At this point even the trade at the deadline that would have gotten us a back up+2nd rounder+3rd rounder looks great.
2011 BC Sports Central CFL Pool Champion
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

black ace wrote:imo at this point you need to evaluate whether Luongo +1st rounder+prospect is better than Schneider+buyout of Luongo. Unfortunately Gillis has waited so long on Luongo that there isint a market for him. At this point even the trade at the deadline that would have gotten us a back up+2nd rounder+3rd rounder looks great.
IMO..gmmg hasn't waited too long as much as there wasn't enough return and yes it now seems he will have to settle...butt that fat lady ain't singin yet.So...here's hoping
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

This is the type of shit that happens when you promote a players agent to a general manager's position. gillis has fucked things up royally and will eventually doom us to a decade of medoicrity.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

the Dogsalmon wrote:This is the type of shit that happens when you promote a players agent to a general manager's position. gillis has fucked things up royally and will eventually doom us to a decade of medoicrity.
The skyo isn't falling yet chum... ;)
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

rats19 wrote:
the Dogsalmon wrote:This is the type of shit that happens when you promote a players agent to a general manager's position. gillis has fucked things up royally and will eventually doom us to a decade of medoicrity.

If Gillis can pull off a roster player(not a 4th line scrub either) and the #7 pick for Schneider that will definitely keep him employed for a few more weeks...
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

the Dogsalmon wrote:
rats19 wrote:

If Gillis can pull off a roster player(not a 4th line scrub either) and the #7 pick for Schneider that will definitely keep him employed for a few more weeks...
That's the optimistic point if view..enjoy a sip from you 1/4 full glass...
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

I am not at all optimistic about our team. I am realistic about it. We are in alot of trouble.