Daddy needs a new pair of shoes, so buy me out baby...

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Daddy needs a new pair of shoes, so buy me out baby...

Postby 5thhorseman » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:03 pm

Strangelove wrote:
BurningBeard wrote:
5thhorseman on Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:37 am wrote:I don't mind PJ Stock; he's alright.

Shame. :lol:

Yeah the first time he said that....

5thhorseman on Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:04 pm wrote:Been enjoying P.J. Stock's commentary lately.

.... he had just got back from 8 years in England, so it was sorta forgivable. 8-)

Well, he's not the worst, and certainly adds a dose of reality to that group of pundits. Anyways, off topic. Now go look up my thoughts on Ron MacLean ;)
5thhorseman
CC Veteran

Postby rats19 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:24 pm

Bad teeth....
You are who you hang with.....
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby BurningBeard » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:34 pm

Arachnid wrote:You reap what you sow and the Luo contract was wrong from the beginning and tried to circumvent the CBA at the time and make Gary look bad.

It was par for the course at the time. There are approximately 40 NHL contracts that are eligible for cap recapture. Granted Lou's deal probably has a greater potential of meeting the criteria for the penalty. It'd be interesting to take a good look at all 40 contracts and see just how "bad" each one of them is.

Example:

If Luongo retires at 40 it's a 2.5 million penalty to the Canucks (assuming he's traded).
If Ohlund retires at 38 it's a 2.6 million penalty to the Lightning (assuming he's not traded).

The penalties on Luongo's contract only start getting really silly if he retires at 41 or 42 (the last two years of his contract).
"In the whole scheme of things, it's minutia on the main point of the argument" - CC Hall of Fan poster Betamax
BurningBeard
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Hockey Widow » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:14 pm

Sounds like Vinny is looking for a 3-4 year deal to finish his career. Sure doesn't sound like he wants a one year then back to Tampa. Sounds like he is cutting ties and wants to play somewhere where he can then retire. Looking for 4-5 per year, closer to the 5 mark.

I could see Ottawa, if Alfie retires or Montreal, both doing a 3 year 4.5 deal or thereabouts.

Heck if we could get rid of Luongo, Booth and Ballard i'd do the Vinny deal, 3 years, 4.5 per. Re-sign the twins 2 more years and you have 3 centres locked up for the next three years. Too bad there are rumours out there saying Vinny has no tot he west and that he hates Torts. :mrgreen:
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:27 pm

Arachnid wrote:I think RoyalDude would back me up on this and agree :D

Don't care

But what I do care about is whether you agree with your decision to finally come out of the closet and accept your own gayness with open arms without shame for the world to see?
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Eddy Punch Clock » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:03 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:Sounds like Vinny is looking for a 3-4 year deal to finish his career. Sure doesn't sound like he wants a one year then back to Tampa. Sounds like he is cutting ties and wants to play somewhere where he can then retire. Looking for 4-5 per year, closer to the 5 mark.

I could see Ottawa, if Alfie retires or Montreal, both doing a 3 year 4.5 deal or thereabouts.

Heck if we could get rid of Luongo, Booth and Ballard i'd do the Vinny deal, 3 years, 4.5 per. Re-sign the twins 2 more years and you have 3 centres locked up for the next three years. Too bad there are rumours out there saying Vinny has no tot he west and that he hates Torts. :mrgreen:

fwiw... I read today that when asked if he had a list of preferred teams he said he didn't; but quickly added the fact that he grew up a Red Wings Fans and comes from Montreal...
2011..... the one that got away.
Eddy Punch Clock
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Arachnid » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:42 pm

RoyalDude wrote:

Don't care

But what I do care about is whether you agree with your decision to finally come out of the closet and accept your own gayness with open arms without shame for the world to see?

So what da fock am I suppose to agree to? you're agreeness or with my own decision?! Like most of your arguments it makes no sense what so ever, I vote to stay in closet!

*feels around in the dark and finds Rummy & Strangelove in there with him*

:wow:
Socks are dead puppets :(
Arachnid
CC Legend

Postby Rumsfeld » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:49 pm

Arachnid wrote:So what da fock am I suppose to agree to? you're agreeness or with my own decision?! Like most of your arguments it makes no sense what so ever, I vote to stay in closet!

It's pretty dark in here.

I think nuckster just grabbed my ass. (smile)
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby RoyalDude » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:07 pm

Arachnid wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:

Don't care

So what da fock am I suppose to agree to? you're agreeness or with my own decision?! Like most of your arguments it makes no sense what so ever, I vote to stay in closet!

Are you happy or regretful of your own decision to come out of the closet? I guess that was the question
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Re: BikerDude likes men in high heel shoes, so buy him some.

Postby Arachnid » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:35 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Don't care

Are you happy or regretful of your own decision to come out of the closet? I guess that was the question

I agree
Socks are dead puppets :(
Arachnid
CC Legend

Postby Todd Bersnoozi » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:30 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:Heck if we could get rid of Luongo, Booth and Ballard i'd do the Vinny deal, 3 years, 4.5 per. Re-sign the twins 2 more years and you have 3 centres locked up for the next three years. Too bad there are rumours out there saying Vinny has no tot he west and that he hates Torts. :mrgreen:

Yeah, that'd be sweet. It'd probably cost a lot of dough to get rid of Lou, Booth and Ballard though, only to shell out more money to sign Vinny. Vinny fits the age of our core players and he'd solve our centre ice position (huge upgrade over Manny). We'd be stacked down the middle if we can get him.

1) Hank
2) Vinny
3) Kesler (make him the 2-way guy/checker again)
4) LapDawg (if he resigns)

Maybe Vinny would want to play for his old coach, so Torts will be on his ass all the time again. :lol:
More realistically, Vinny will probably end up in montreal or toronto or something.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby ESQ » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:41 pm

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:Maybe Vinny would want to play for his old coach, so Torts will be on his ass all the time again. :lol:
More realistically, Vinny will probably end up in montreal or toronto or something.

I'd never believe that Vinny would consider Vancouver, but the Tortorella factor gives me a glimmer of hope.

Vinny had by far his best seasons under Torts, and saw a precipitous decline in production the year after he was fired. (Okay precipitous might be a bit harsh, but he was better than PPG under Torts with 5 consecutive 30 goal seasons, and became a 70-point guy after).

Its a slim chance, but I believe its there.
ESQ
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Rumsfeld » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:44 pm

Vinny is not playing in Canada, according to Brad May and his connections.

Laptard is not re-signing here.

Kesler is wasted as a third-line center.

Dream smashed.
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Hockey Widow » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:17 pm

Rumsfeld wrote:Vinny is not playing in Canada, according to Brad May and his connections.

Laptard is not re-signing here.

Kesler is wasted as a third-line center.

Dream smashed.

But it was a nice dream for a day. Lappy wants a 3-4 year deal in the 3 million range. MG would take him back but not at those prices. I think he see Torres numbers a comparable.

Many is not filling his retirement papers. Feels he can come back, pass a medical and sign somewhere else.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Postby herb » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:21 pm

^ $3M per year for Lapierre???

LOL

Good bye and good riddance to the yappy Frenchman.
herb
CC Hall of Fan Member

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat