Daddy needs a new pair of shoes, so buy me out baby...

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Re: Daddy needs a new pair of shoes, so buy me out baby...

Post by Aaronp18 »

Arachnid wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Could be done with Florida. They might be all giddy from drafting jones or drouin or Barkov or McKinnon and so may be in a giving mood and give us say Biugstad if we take on some Lou's salary

I ain't that hopeful. It will go down like this -
Mike 'Asleep At The Wheel' Gillis will waive him on July 3rd after exhausting all avenues pleading with a GM to help him get out of the pinch he's in. And once all 29 other GMs say no to the waive, on July 4th Aquamarine gets out the cheque book and buys him out. As soon as that is done the vultures Will circle Luongo and throw him offers.

The other GM's got a viscious crystall ball and are not about to do Mike a favor. Mike folds his cards
Walks away from the table greatly humbled.
I agree

:eh:
What exactly do you agree with?

That every one of the 29 other GM's do not have their own teams best interest in mind?
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Aaronp18 wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
I agree

:eh:
What exactly do you agree with?

That every one of the 29 other GM's do not have their own teams best interest in mind?
Ahhhh crap! Do I have to read it too?

I agree it could be done in Florida OK!?

Whatever done means :eh:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Lecavalier's agent today on TSN 690 Radio: Montreal is home, it's where Vinnie lives when the season ends and if Montreal has interest they will listen. Said he would like to play for Montreal, but will listen to all options.

LOL at all the Leafers out there convinced Vinnie will sign with the Leaves! Some things never change. Ummm Vinnie only agreed to waive his NMC if Toronto bought him out... so he could re-sign with Tampa. Then the league piped up and said they wouldn't allow that. But most Leafers out there appear to have the IQ of a steaming pile of poo...

The only thing that might stop Vinnie from signing with Les Habs is the fact he likes to go out in public without being mobbed. Montreal is the one crazed-fan market he might go to, considering the fact he grew up there as a huge Habs fan and lives there in the off-season. Toronto is the LAST place he’d go. He knows that Hab fans would turn on him like rabid dogs since a move like that would be the ultimate betrayal (and he’s be SLAUGHTERED by the Montreal media). Plus the Leaves are definitely NOT a contender. LAST PLACE he’d go…

Speaking of the Leaves and LAST PLACE, here's hoping they trade their 2014 1st-rounder and end up in LAST PLACE.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

The NHL certainly got what it wanted. They got these contracts that they signed off on off the books and the teams that signed them take a hit. All because a few GM''s didn't like them and pouted hard. They should be ashamed of themselves.

I am now firmly on board with buying Luongo out and being out from under the cap recapture worries and be done with it. Lets move on.
The only HW the Canucks need
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Hockey Widow wrote:The NHL certainly got what it wanted. They got these contracts that they signed off on off the books and the teams that signed them take a hit. All because a few GM''s didn't like them and pouted hard. They should be ashamed of themselves.

I am now firmly on board with buying Luongo out and being out from under the cap recapture worries and be done with it. Lets move on.
Looking more and more like it now HW, I fully agree with RoaylDude! :blush:
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote:The NHL certainly got what it wanted. They got these contracts that they signed off on off the books and the teams that signed them take a hit. All because a few GM''s didn't like them and pouted hard. They should be ashamed of themselves.

:shock:
With HW saying that, now I'm worried.

If nothing happens by the draft, I can foresee Lu being bought out.

*Granted MG looks really calm and sure of himself, guess we'll find out quick whats going on.
Last edited by SKYO on Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Yes, let's move on! Be done with it. But as usual, while all the other GMs are hopping out of the gate with buy outs the players agent is again taking his sweet time.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

RoyalDude wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:
Yes, let's move on! Be done with it. But as usual, while all the other GMs are hopping out of the gate with buy outs the players agent is again taking his sweet time.
I agree and it affects me like it does you. Old baggage eyes is a turd!
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

I'd rather get a handful of middling draft picks and worry about cap recapture in half a decade when the cap is at $80m than buy Luongo out.

I'm sure the Aquilinis would too.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

dbr wrote:I'd rather get a handful of middling draft picks and worry about cap recapture in half a decade when the cap is at $80m than buy Luongo out.

I must admit, a buy out would be as sad as those pics Arachnid posted of himself getting off on from using breast pumps on his own manboobs
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

dbr wrote:I'd rather get a handful of middling draft picks and worry about cap recapture in half a decade when the cap is at $80m than buy Luongo out.

MG would be thrilled to just get a second in this year's draft. I don't think he or anyone is really worried about the cap recapture. It is the team taking Luongo that is worried about how it may impact them and letting that distract them from the fact that he is still a top 10 in this league and still has 6-8 years left in him.

If MG is stubborn or if ownership do not want the buy out we will know soon enough. If July 5th arrives and Luongo is still on the team then we will see what happens over the summer. Will he try to trade Cory? Does he think with the pressure of the buyout window gone some teams will now bite? Are other GM's playing poker hoping for a buyout then lining up to offer Lou 6 million a year or 5-6 years to play for them? Does Lou already have a handshake agreement with Florida that they will sign him as a FA?

MG has said that he does not expect Lou to be on the team come training camp. He didn't say come draft day or FA opening. Does he think it's all a game of chicken right now and if so will he call everyone's bluff? Or is he in panic mode as some would have us believe trying to dump Lou for next to nothing, once again?

I know word leaked last season, probably deliberately leaked by the Canucks, that several teams had told him if Luongo was available this summer they would make a deal. Well, MG where are those teams? Was that just another bluff in this big game of chicken?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow [color=#FF0000]on Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:43 pm[/color] wrote: By the time (Luongo) retires it will be at least 6 years from now. MG will be long gone, the twins, Kesler, Burrows, Bieksa , hamhuis will be gone, Lack will be our goalie and the cap will be at 80 million. (Cap Recapture?) No worries.
Hockey Widow [color=#FF0000]on Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:41 pm[/color] wrote: I am now firmly on board with buying Luongo out and being out from under the cap recapture worries and be done with it. Lets move on.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

RoyalDude wrote:

I must admit, a buy out would be as sad as those pics Arachnid posted of himself getting off on from using breast pumps on his own manboobs
I WHOLE HEARTEDLY AGREE WITH THIS STATEMENT! IT WOULD BE A SAD DAY INDEED! :D

GOT ANY TIPS BD ON HOW TO SHAVE THEM SO THE SUCTION NIPPLE STAYS ON?
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Strangelove wrote:
Hockey Widow [color=#FF0000]on Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:43 pm[/color] wrote: By the time (Luongo) retires it will be at least 6 years from now. MG will be long gone, the twins, Kesler, Burrows, Bieksa , hamhuis will be gone, Lack will be our goalie and the cap will be at 80 million. (Cap Recapture?) No worries.
Hockey Widow [color=#FF0000]on Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:41 pm[/color] wrote: I am now firmly on board with buying Luongo out and being out from under the cap recapture worries and be done with it. Lets move on.

I'm just done with it. I'm still not worried about any cap recapture as it applies to the Canucks. But it seems that other GM's are worried about it. This seems to be the hold up to moving him. Thats what I'm done with. All the bull shit and the mess the NHL created with this dumb dumb rule. Did they anticipate that a number of star players, franchise name players would be gone? Did they anticipate the shit storm they would create? I think not. I think they just had a few petty owners and GM's that cried a lot.

Now let me ask you this. Is Tampa not a team that benefits from revenue sharing. If so how does this sit with the other 29 owners knowing that they will have to help Tampa pay for the Vinny buy out? Si this what they anticipated? I guess BB is laughing a big one today. His last bit or revenge on a league that thinks he is a joke.

Do I sound angry? Yes, I am. I am angry that the NHL and the NHLPA could agree to this stupid rule without grandfathering in all the old contracts. But if we are levelling the playing field why didn't we grandfather it in for players on these deals that had already been traded before the new CBA came into effect, like Nash? No cap recapture for him, unless he is traded again. Why not go all out?

This was specifically aimed at Luongo, in fact it was nick named the Luongo clause when it was first bandied about. And who first brought it up? Some fuck with a hate on for Vancouver and specifically MG. No one bitched about Kipper, or Nash, or Vinny or Richards. Well, they did hold up Kovalchuk. But other than that it was Luongo who got everyone up in arms and that started out of Toronto.

So what I am sick of is the circus. That I just want over. Lets move on.
Last edited by Hockey Widow on Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

... a woman's prerogative. :)
____
Try to focus on someday.