Daddy needs a new pair of shoes, so buy me out baby...

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Daddy needs a new pair of shoes, so buy me out baby...

Postby Strangelove » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:41 am

Lancer wrote:Vinny bought out.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=426423

____
The Ring Leader
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby Strangelove » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:47 am

ESQ wrote:I'm shocked Vinny got bought out....

After seeing that happen, I have to admit a Luongo buyout is looking like more of a possibility.

The difference: Vinny had a NMC and wouldn't accept a trade.

ESQ wrote:People have been saying there's a waiver window for compliance buyouts, I haven't seen this mentioned anywere,

I posted a link about a week ago.

The window is from 48hrs after the Cup is awarded until July 4th at 5:00PM (? something like that).

ESQ wrote:can anyone verify that a compliance buyout has to start with waivers?

A compliance buyout has to start with waivers UNLESS the player has a NMC.
____
The Ring Leader
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby Strangelove » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:50 am

ORCA wrote:
ESQ wrote:
Lancer wrote:I'm shocked Vinny got bought out.

So it's settled then...

In a stunning twist, and years of redemption at stake...I woke up this morning to see Spidey finally has a chance at seeing his childhood dream come to fruition. :drunk:

bring on the fantasy line-up threads! :wave:

You're confusing Spidey with Jewie (happens all the time).

Besides, Lecavalier said today on RDS that he will not go in the west.

Smart money in on Montreal at this point.
____
The Ring Leader
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby Arachnid » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:53 am

Strangelove wrote:
ORCA wrote:
Lancer wrote:I'm shocked Vinny got bought out.
So it's settled then...

In a stunning twist, and years of redemption at stake...I woke up this morning to see Spidey finally has a chance at seeing his childhood dream come to fruition. :drunk:

bring on the fantasy line-up threads! :wave:

You're confusing Spidey with Jewie (happens all the time).

Besides, Lecavalier said today on RDS that he will not go in the west.

Smart money in on Montreal at this point.

I disagree

:eh:
There is no such thing as climate change...there is no such thing as climate change...there is such thing as climate change...
Arachnid
CC Legend

Postby ORCA » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:07 pm

Strangelove wrote:
ORCA wrote:You're confusing Spidey with Jewie (happens all the time).

Bingo. Sorry Spidey.

I took a pretty long vacation from the boards.
~Your Friendly Neighborhood Killer Whale
ORCA
CC Veteran

Postby Arachnid » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:24 pm

ORCA wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
ORCA wrote:You're confusing Spidey with Jewie (happens all the time).

Bingo. Sorry Spidey.

I took a pretty long vacation from the boards.

Looks like you're still on vacation :evil:

I'll let it go this time don't make the same mistake twice or I might have to agree with you :eh:

Although, I would love to see Vinnie here now, for say 4.5 8-)
There is no such thing as climate change...there is no such thing as climate change...there is such thing as climate change...
Arachnid
CC Legend

Postby Aaronp18 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:33 pm

Arachnid wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Could be done with Florida. They might be all giddy from drafting jones or drouin or Barkov or McKinnon and so may be in a giving mood and give us say Biugstad if we take on some Lou's salary

I ain't that hopeful. It will go down like this -
Mike 'Asleep At The Wheel' Gillis will waive him on July 3rd after exhausting all avenues pleading with a GM to help him get out of the pinch he's in. And once all 29 other GMs say no to the waive, on July 4th Aquamarine gets out the cheque book and buys him out. As soon as that is done the vultures Will circle Luongo and throw him offers.

The other GM's got a viscious crystall ball and are not about to do Mike a favor. Mike folds his cards
Walks away from the table greatly humbled.

I agree

What exactly do you agree with?

That every one of the 29 other GM's do not have their own teams best interest in mind?
Aaronp18
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Arachnid » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:42 pm

Aaronp18 wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
I agree

What exactly do you agree with?

That every one of the 29 other GM's do not have their own teams best interest in mind?

Ahhhh crap! Do I have to read it too?

I agree it could be done in Florida OK!?

Whatever done means :eh:
Arachnid
CC Legend

Postby Strangelove » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:48 pm

Lecavalier's agent today on TSN 690 Radio: Montreal is home, it's where Vinnie lives when the season ends and if Montreal has interest they will listen. Said he would like to play for Montreal, but will listen to all options.

LOL at all the Leafers out there convinced Vinnie will sign with the Leaves! Some things never change. Ummm Vinnie only agreed to waive his NMC if Toronto bought him out... so he could re-sign with Tampa. Then the league piped up and said they wouldn't allow that. But most Leafers out there appear to have the IQ of a steaming pile of poo...

The only thing that might stop Vinnie from signing with Les Habs is the fact he likes to go out in public without being mobbed. Montreal is the one crazed-fan market he might go to, considering the fact he grew up there as a huge Habs fan and lives there in the off-season. Toronto is the LAST place he’d go. He knows that Hab fans would turn on him like rabid dogs since a move like that would be the ultimate betrayal (and he’s be SLAUGHTERED by the Montreal media). Plus the Leaves are definitely NOT a contender. LAST PLACE he’d go…

Speaking of the Leaves and LAST PLACE, here's hoping they trade their 2014 1st-rounder and end up in LAST PLACE.
____
The Ring Leader
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby Hockey Widow » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:41 pm

The NHL certainly got what it wanted. They got these contracts that they signed off on off the books and the teams that signed them take a hit. All because a few GM''s didn't like them and pouted hard. They should be ashamed of themselves.

I am now firmly on board with buying Luongo out and being out from under the cap recapture worries and be done with it. Lets move on.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Postby Arachnid » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:43 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:The NHL certainly got what it wanted. They got these contracts that they signed off on off the books and the teams that signed them take a hit. All because a few GM''s didn't like them and pouted hard. They should be ashamed of themselves.

I am now firmly on board with buying Luongo out and being out from under the cap recapture worries and be done with it. Lets move on.

Looking more and more like it now HW, I fully agree with RoaylDude! :blush:
Arachnid
CC Legend

Postby SKYO » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:45 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:The NHL certainly got what it wanted. They got these contracts that they signed off on off the books and the teams that signed them take a hit. All because a few GM''s didn't like them and pouted hard. They should be ashamed of themselves.

:shock:
With HW saying that, now I'm worried.

If nothing happens by the draft, I can foresee Lu being bought out.

*Granted MG looks really calm and sure of himself, guess we'll find out quick whats going on.
Last edited by SKYO on Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SKYO
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:46 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:

Yes, let's move on! Be done with it. But as usual, while all the other GMs are hopping out of the gate with buy outs the players agent is again taking his sweet time.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Arachnid » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:49 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:

Yes, let's move on! Be done with it. But as usual, while all the other GMs are hopping out of the gate with buy outs the players agent is again taking his sweet time.

I agree and it affects me like it does you. Old baggage eyes is a turd!
Arachnid
CC Legend

Postby dbr » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:53 pm

I'd rather get a handful of middling draft picks and worry about cap recapture in half a decade when the cap is at $80m than buy Luongo out.

I'm sure the Aquilinis would too.
dbr
CC Hall of Fan Member

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat