Re-sign the Sedins thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re-sign the Sedins?

Yes
75%
No
11%
Maybe
9%
Who gives a shit
5%

Total votes: 44

dbr
CC Legend

Re: Re-sign the Sedins thread

Post by dbr »

dbr wrote:Except they got fewer offensive zone starts last year without a corresponding drop in even strength production.
Oh and Pauser, I know you like to ignore the posts in which I point out how hilariously wrong you are, you fucking hack, but I think I'm going to add a new element to the same reply I always give when stomping your half-witted zone starts complaints into the ground.

Sedins turn in best defensive year at age 32

So not only did they get tougher defensive assignments without their offensive production dropping by a corresponding amount, they actually came out of those tougher minutes with fewer goals surrendered than they ever have.

Hey does the "y2k" in your nickname over at HFBoards come from the fact that like that like the Y2K hysteria itself, everything you post is a bunch of overblown, long ago discredited, panicky trash?

And when I say "trash," I mean like "garbage" - vile and contemptibly worthless. Just so you know.
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

dbr wrote:
dbr wrote:Except they got fewer offensive zone starts last year without a corresponding drop in even strength production.
Oh and Pauser, I know you like to ignore the posts in which I point out how hilariously wrong you are, you fucking hack, but I think I'm going to add a new element to the same reply I always give when stomping your half-witted zone starts complaints into the ground.

Sedins turn in best defensive year at age 32

So not only did they get tougher defensive assignments without their offensive production dropping by a corresponding amount, they actually came out of those tougher minutes with fewer goals surrendered than they ever have.

Hey does the "y2k" in your nickname over at HFBoards come from the fact that like that like the Y2K hysteria itself, everything you post is a bunch of overblown, long ago discredited, panicky trash?

And when I say "trash," I mean like "garbage" - vile and contemptibly worthless. Just so you know.
Playoff results speak for itself. Where's their rings? Oh wait, they took the SCF off. Never mind.
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

The_Pauser wrote:
Playoff results speak for itself. Where's their rings? Oh wait, they took the SCF off. Never mind.
I understand the board rules and I know I'm walking the line when I ask this but, it's a serious question. Are you retarded?
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
Vader
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vader »

The_Pauser wrote:Just like in the SJ series when Eager took a run at Sedins all Ehrhoff did was skate up to Eager and yell at him.
Now, why in the hell would you bring up the San Jose series and Ben Eager to support your argument?

Eager took the boarding penalty and the Sedin's made them pay on the PP! Then Eager sat the rest of the series.

Christ, that's the stupidest argument I've ever read
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The_Pauser wrote:
5thhorseman wrote:Pauser has a very compelling argument. I doubt there are many 'Nuck fans out there not smarting from that image of Dank getting speedbagged by Marchand. Losing your composure is taking a cheap shot in response to some rough treatment from the opposition. Throwing a few punches to defend yourself is just being a man. This was Daniel's failure, the team's failure (for not sticking up for him) and even AV's failure with his "we'll get them back on the powerplay" approach. I can only imagine what Tortorella would have said to the team if he was coach at the time.
Exactly. Not only was Daniel's lack of response an outright embarrassment, but no one on the team did anything to respond. Just like in the SJ series when Eager took a run at Sedins all Ehrhoff did was skate up to Eager and yell at him. This team lacks balls.
Nice to see you found a sock, did your mother loose the other in the dryer or did you chew on it to sooth you disappointment..
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Just to be clear, I'm not in favour of blowing up the team or ditching the Sedins, but I don't think they have the leadership qualities to bring home the Cup. They can play a role on a cup-winning team if they show more balls, but the primary leadership (and captaincy) needs to come from elsewhere.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

5thhorseman wrote:Just to be clear, I'm not in favour of blowing up the team or ditching the Sedins, but I don't think they have the leadership qualities to bring home the Cup. They can play a role on a cup-winning team if they show more balls, but the primary leadership (and captaincy) needs to come from elsewhere.
The Sedins are a lot tougher than what people give them credit for. Just because they don't fight nor push and shove after the whistle, people assume that they have no balls. Every game they take lots of beatings playing along the boards. On the other hand, guys like Cooke and Brown are what I would have called no balls. They are cheapshots artists that never face the challenge.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

The_Pauser wrote:Playoff results speak for itself. Where's their rings? Oh wait, they took the SCF off. Never mind.
Listen Pauser, you fucking clown, if you're going to post this fly by night bullshit around here then you had better actually fly afterwards. It doesn't work if you just come right back afterwards to offer more useless drivel..

So why don't you fly back to HFBoards where the embarrassing garbage you post is concealed among the volume of other posters (and the blowback you so richly deserve is softened by the board rules and moderators) rather than continuing to regurgitate this garbage - this vile, contemptibly worthless garbage - here.

Mmmkay?
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

We need to keep the Sedins, they are not the problem (other than they need to shot more and less cycle play).

We need more assholes (which is what I have said for a long time and I think Mr. Strange jumped on my bandwagon 8-) )
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

dbr wrote:
The_Pauser wrote:Playoff results speak for itself. Where's their rings? Oh wait, they took the SCF off. Never mind.
Listen Pauser, you fucking clown, if you're going to post this fly by night bullshit around here then you had better actually fly afterwards. It doesn't work if you just come right back afterwards to offer more useless drivel..

So why don't you fly back to HFBoards where the embarrassing garbage you post is concealed among the volume of other posters (and the blowback you so richly deserve is softened by the board rules and moderators) rather than continuing to regurgitate this garbage - this vile, contemptibly worthless garbage - here.

Mmmkay?
Fap fap fap ^^^
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

dbr wrote:

Mmmkay?
:lol:

Like a stingray barb to the chest!
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Jovocop wrote:
5thhorseman wrote:Just to be clear, I'm not in favour of blowing up the team or ditching the Sedins, but I don't think they have the leadership qualities to bring home the Cup. They can play a role on a cup-winning team if they show more balls, but the primary leadership (and captaincy) needs to come from elsewhere.
The Sedins are a lot tougher than what people give them credit for. Just because they don't fight nor push and shove after the whistle, people assume that they have no balls. Every game they take lots of beatings playing along the boards. On the other hand, guys like Cooke and Brown are what I would have called no balls. They are cheapshots artists that never face the challenge.
I don't dispute that the Sedins are tough in a iron-man, playing-through-injury, withstanding-cheapshots, taking-punishment-while-cycling-the-puck-along-the-boards kind of way, but having balls means having the courage to stand up for yourself and others even if it means you might take a beating. Daniel didn't do that, and I can imagine how disheartening it would have been for the entire team to witness that. Add in their guilt for not defending him in the first place. And whether it's right or not, we place Hank in the same bucket and judge him accordingly. In that instance I think it would have been better for Daniel to get into a scrap with Marchand, even losing badly, just to show some fighting spirit and rally the team. I don't subscribe to the theory that your superstars should never need to stand up for themselves. That was fine in the Gretzky era but doesn't apply anymore.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Our top 2 scorers of all time are being questioned about their toughness because Daniel refused to respond to marchand and and his repeated punching. Daniel made the decision..a snap decision to draw a penalty instead. Turns out it didn't work and he should have fought him. But its bullshit the entire argument has no merit.

You can't be soft and tough as nails at the same time.
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wafflecombine »

I am so fucking tired of the continued shit being thrown at the Sedins for not being "tough enough" and the main piece of evidence is Daniel choosing to draw a penalty instead of pulling out the brass knuckles and skull fucking Marchand. Its not Daniels fault that the refs didn't call a penalty (which was horrendous and even Cary Fraser thought was bogus).

Give it a rest. If you want to cheer for goons, pick another team. Hank and Dank will continue to make a solid contribution to this team and under Torts, maybe even an expanded contribution as they take some of the heat off Kes & whoever the 3rd line is on the PK.

These guys have heart. If Torts asks them to block shots you know they will do it without question or hestitation.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

5thhorseman wrote:
Jovocop wrote:
I don't dispute that the Sedins are tough in a iron-man, playing-through-injury, withstanding-cheapshots, taking-punishment-while-cycling-the-puck-along-the-boards kind of way, but having balls means having the courage to stand up for yourself and others even if it means you might take a beating. Daniel didn't do that, and I can imagine how disheartening it would have been for the entire team to witness that. Add in their guilt for not defending him in the first place. And whether it's right or not, we place Hank in the same bucket and judge him accordingly. In that instance I think it would have been better for Daniel to get into a scrap with Marchand, even losing badly, just to show some fighting spirit and rally the team. I don't subscribe to the theory that your superstars should never need to stand up for themselves. That was fine in the Gretzky era but doesn't apply anymore.
The Sedins are nice people and I don't think fighting is in their blood at all. The problem is not whether they should fight pests like Marchand. The league and the zebras should stop those stupid acts after the whistles. I cannot think of any other major sports allowing these types of antics. As fans, we pay to watch skilled players not pests!