Vancouver Canucks hire coach John Tortorella

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: Vancouver Canucks hire coach John Tortorella

Post by Topper »

Hockey Widow wrote:Came across as a very nice , respectful and intelligent man.
Of course he did. He's been holed up in the Sandman rehearsing for four days.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Topper wrote:
You really think the waterboy would pay to put him up in the house the sandman built?
The only HW the Canucks need
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Topper wrote:
You really think the waterboy would pay to put him up in the house the sandman built?
:wink:
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Interesting that both Booth and Ballard played for Torts in the 2008 World's. Wonder if it will make any difference or if he will be glad to get them off the team? One would think he would have some idea of how to get the best from them, have them elevate their game, push them to the next level, make them player stiffer (not even sure what that one means).
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: Interesting that both Booth and Ballard played for Torts in the 2008 World's.
Did not know that, TIS interesting...
____
Try to focus on someday.
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

Strangelove wrote:
SKYO wrote: "Tortorella: says talked to Vigneault for two weeks regarding each others new teams."

Poor Ballard.
Funniest post I've seen in a long time!!
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Re: Vancouver Canucks hire asshole coach John Tortorella rum

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Strangelove wrote:But I can tell you that free thinking common sense is screaming:

"GILLIS WILL USE BOTH COMPLIANCE BUYOUTS!!"
I haven't followed the compliance buyout discussion that you're talking about. I take it was about Booth/Baltard. I dunno, it would be nice, but MG will probably try to trade them in a salary dump before buying them out. Even if Gillis wanted to buy them out, I'm not sure the Aquamen would be happy about it nor approve it. With the new coach, everyone gets a fresh start, so I think we will see if booth/ballard can do anything to help this team at least for 1 more year.

I've asked you to use common sense.

Hiring a coach is one of those super-important jobs that owners hire GMs to make for them.

I've asked you to THINK about why Gillis would let an owner humiliate him by not allowing him to choose a coach.

Oh right, THE HACKS know and care about the fact it would create a dysfunctional environment

.... but GILLIS doesn't know or care!... is THAT what the hacks are selling these days?!! :lol:

I've asked you to THINK about Gillis' options should he be fired for insisting on hiring the coach of his choosing.

hint: He'd do just fine.
And u know this because u are Gillis's BFF right? Gillis and Strangelove are best friends foreeevvvvveeerrrrrrrrr, friends till the end. :lol: Let me guess, u went to college with him, so u can attest to his character, how intelligent he is and how he thinks right? :mrgreen:

Your right, common sense would say Gillis would never allow himself to be a puppet. Gillis would see that the media would jump all over him if he allowed ownership to dictate over him. You're right, Gillis also doesn't really need this gig. I'm sure he has made his millions from his agent days and GMing here the last few years. Am I missing any of your other points?

Anyways, I mentioned this point before. We are all human, whether it be the "hacks" with their biases or a GM of a hockey club. Why do ppl smoke when they know it's bad for their health and it has a good chance it will kill them? Why do some women stay in abusive relationships when they could just walk away? Why do some ppl commit crimes when they know sooner or late it's going to catch up to them? Humans are fallen creatures and they do things sometimes that are unpredictable and don't make a lot of sense.

Also, many times ppl make decisons on factors that we cannot see from afar. So why would Gillis allow himself to be a puppet? I dunno, maybe he believes this team is really close to a cup and he wants his name on a legacy, so he's willing to compromise and let ownership work over him. Maybe he fears he'll never get a GM job again if he leves Vancouver. After all, he did kind of weasel his way into his current position. With that kind of baggage on him, maybe no one else will hire him. This might explain why it was hard for MG to move Lou, the NHL is an old boys club, they know what he did to Dave Nonis. GMs are thinking, why would I want to give up something substantial for a good goalie (who has his meltdowns), take on that contract and help out a grease ball like that? Anyways, I digress.

Back to the point. OK, I know the "hacks" position, ownership may have made the decision on hiring Torts. I know your position, Gillis would never allow himself to be a puppet, so he made the call on Torts. Like alot of things, when there are two extreme views on a position, the answer probably lies somewhere in between. Gillis probably made the decision on Torts, but make no bones about it, ownership defitinely had a heavy say on who they prefered. Thus Torts > Stevens. Probably an italian thing. :lol: Gillis pretty much admitted as much in the press conference. He said that ownership had a big say in an important decision such as this. (starts around 15:30)

From what I have seen of Gillis over the past few years, I would say he's a guy who plays it safe, he's not a guy who goes out and makes bold moves. Also, he really takes his time on making major decisons as he tends to mull things over forever (ie: coaching decisons). I think I know why he's has those bag eyes and why he's always sweating now, it's cuz he's a worry wart; he can't sleep all nite thinking about the decisons he has to make and he simply doesn't have the ballz to make the call. So MG is so competent and he felt so secure in his job that he decided to"invite" ownership to come in and sit in on the coach interviews? Yeah, whatever Gillis. :lol:

Let me give u a tip man, when speculative stories come out, there usually is a grain of truth to it for it to have legs. For example, if someone made up a story that he saw Gillis smoking crack, it probably wouldn't fly cuz no one would believe it. If someone said Mayor Ford of Toronto is a crackhead cuz he saw a video of it, it's kind of believeable cuz he seems like the type. Other tabloid type stories, Messier had a thing for Bure, probably not, but possible. I'll be careful with this one, Luongo did something to cause his wife to leave him and return to Florida, possible, does seem to add up; i'm pretty amazed at the coverup/hush hush on that one. Throw in this factor, do u think the "Wops" are hand off owners like McCaw? I think no way in hell. They watch their businesses like a hawk and I heard the big daddy likes to count his money. Essentially, that's why Nonis got fired am i right? He wouldn't pull his pants down and bend over on landing Brad Richards, so he gets canned. To replace him, the "Wops" don't get an upcoming, bright hockey excutive working his way up as an assistant GM somewhere, they go outside the norm and get a former player agent who has no management experience and who would do their bidding. The more I think about it, the more I have to go with the "hacks" on this one. Sorry man, u lose. :mex:

Someone looked really happy at the press conference. Looks like he got his way. :drink:
Your problem... Todd... is that you want others to do your thinking for you (be it the hacks or yours truly)

.... and then you talk about "free thinking"??

Please.
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Anyways, I must admit, I like conspiracy theories.
... and that's what makes you a slave to the hacks my friend. :drink:
OK fun time. :twisted:

So who are u, Sigmund fuckin Freud?

Well, 2 can play that game.

I sense someone is a little jealous of the "hacks" and the "morons". Did someone fail journalism or broadcast school? Probably deemed unworthy because of a stuck up attitude and unable to respect the thoughts of others. The "hacks" are successful and their work gets read and listened to by millions. While, there is this lil troll who posts on msg boards that are read by like maybe 1000 ppl? Let me guess, all the people who reads or listens to what "hacks" have to say can't think for themselves right?

Also, what's with all the: Todd, u need guys like me to think for u, Todd follow me, Todd, say with me the canucks will win the cup. Ummmm, no. Seriously man, grow up and get a life. What's it to u with what I think? Cuz I'm not buying the kool-aid. Someone definitely has little man syndrome (aka: napoleon complex). I may not be able think for myself, but at least I know when it's time for a Bertuzzian sucker punch to the back of a guy's head. :P

Last edited by Todd Bersnoozi on Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

JelloPuddingPop wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
SKYO wrote: "Tortorella: says talked to Vigneault for two weeks regarding each others new teams."

Poor Ballard.
Funniest post I've seen in a long time!!
I agree, great job lil napleon. :P
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Holy shit Todd, get an editor man.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doug McLean was just on 1040. It was hilarious listening to him get pissed off at Taylor and BMac for Taylor and BMac thinking Torts is gonna get players like the Sedins to for the first time in their hockey lives to play with Grease.

Ain't fucking happening. It shouldn't take rocket science to figure that out, Donny, Barry.

The only way to get more grit out of this lineup is for the Players Agent to get off his bold moves,'lazy ass and find it via trade or with much improved drafting and developing
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Aaronp18 wrote:Image

Oh sure go silent. Afraid of getting sued or something? You candy ass :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

RoyalDude wrote:Doug McLean was just on 1040. It was hilarious listening to him get pissed off at Taylor and BMac for Taylor and BMac thinking Torts is gonna get players like the Sedins to for the first time in their hockey lives to play with Grease.

Ain't fucking happening. It shouldn't take rocket science to figure that out, Donny, Barry.

The only way to get more grit out of this lineup is for the Players Agent to get off his bold moves,'lazy ass and find it via trade or with much improved drafting and developing
We forget this team went to one win short of the cup. They can do it again with the proper motivation and maybe Torts has grown up enough. We will see right?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: I haven't followed the compliance buyout discussion
Stopped reading right there.

LOL at some schmuck trying to troll the Great Strangelove! :lol: :lol: :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

damonberryman wrote:
We forget this team went to one win short of the cup. They can do it again with the proper motivation and maybe Torts has grown up enough. We will see right?
We forget? Perhaps crackheads working their way through life with a quarter of the brain cells they should have forgot, but the rest of us remember just fine. :thumbs:
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P