Re-sign the Sedins thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re-sign the Sedins?

Yes
75%
No
11%
Maybe
9%
Who gives a shit
5%

Total votes: 44

The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: Re-sign the Sedins thread

Post by The_Pauser »

Rumsfeld wrote: Luongo also lost three games for us. And don't give me the whole "we didn't score any goals" speech, I've heard it before. Lou let in everything directed at the fucking net in those games. We weren't going to win them with goaltending like that and the whole team knew it.

Anyway I sure as hell haven't been sweeping the Sedins' shortcomings under the rug so you might wanna change your tampon on that score.

I think the Sedins are fantastic human beings. Genuinely kind, generous, morally upright people.

I also think those same qualities render them less effective against the meaner, bigger teams in the league.

Hence the desperate need for more assholes, and the bigger the better.
It's easier to say that Luongo lost us 3 games because he's the goalie and it's easy to attribute losses to him. But I would argue the Sedins contributed to our losses as much, if not more, by their lack of offensive production. In fact, the Sedins weren't scoring, and were getting scored on defensively. They were absolute garbage on the ice in the SCF in particular.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

The_Pauser wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote: Luongo also lost three games for us. And don't give me the whole "we didn't score any goals" speech, I've heard it before. Lou let in everything directed at the fucking net in those games. We weren't going to win them with goaltending like that and the whole team knew it.

Anyway I sure as hell haven't been sweeping the Sedins' shortcomings under the rug so you might wanna change your tampon on that score.

I think the Sedins are fantastic human beings. Genuinely kind, generous, morally upright people.

I also think those same qualities render them less effective against the meaner, bigger teams in the league.

It's easier to say that Luongo lost us 3 games because he's the goalie and it's easy to attribute losses to him. But I would argue the Sedins contributed to our losses as much, if not more, by their lack of offensive production. In fact, the Sedins weren't scoring, and were getting scored on defensively. They were absolute garbage on the ice in the SCF in particular.
Ya sorta like Chara against Chicago. Brutal. On the ice for almost all of their goals. Trade the bum.
The only HW the Canucks need
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

The_Pauser wrote:

So you figure a straight-up Lou-for-Ovechkin swap is out of the question now? :mrgreen:
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Pauser, Luongo turned in one of THE most glaring choke jobs I've ever seen in any pro sport period.

This doesn't even take into account the fact that he'd had the previous 2 playoffs end with choke jobs of the same pathetic calibre.

The Sedins were no shows but Luongo blows giant sausage when it counts.
If you need air...call it in
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Uncle dans leg wrote:.... but Luongo blows giant sausage when it counts.
SShhhhh..... we're trying to trade him, remember? :roll:
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

What does Luongo have to do with the Sedins anyway? Again, at least Luongo got 2 1-0 shutouts. He contributed. He wasn't perfect but he contributed. The Sedin's didn't contribute. They were absolutely dominated defensively and did jack all offensively. When we needed some offense our best players wilted away and allowed themselves to get punched in the face by little shrimps. The Sedins were an absolute embarrassment.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

So Hank said today he and Dank want to stay and expect to begin negotiations on an extension sometime next week. When asked if they were only looking for one year deals he said we'll see. But would like it done before camp opens, although there is no time table :D
The only HW the Canucks need
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The_Pauser wrote:

Can't have it both ways Pauster. Either it was a team win that shut down the Bruins for those three games in which Luongo was the winning golaie or it wasn't. In which case he should also be the goat in the four losses in which he stunk. Soooooo maybe it was the team defensive play that was up and down like an hf poster on cheap coffee and red bull or it was the goalie . Which is it Pauster ?

Something tells me with your finger pointing and focus on individuals on a TEAM, that you haven't had much experience in the participation in TEAM sports. Just an observation BTW. For all I know you could have been a great hockey player as a youngster who was just held back by some shitty coaches and was a couple bad breaks away from making your mark in the NHL.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
darren
CC Veteran

Post by darren »

The_Pauser wrote: When we needed some offense our best players wilted away and allowed themselves to get punched in the face by little shrimps.
This is boring crap, which Henrik addressed a while ago IIRC: "If we fight back, we're 'losing our composure', and if we don't fight back, we're wimps. It's been that way since the day we came into the league and it never changes."
darren
CC Veteran

Post by darren »

There are four groups who, together, make up a substantial fraction of this board:
1. Irrational, obsessive Sedin haters.
2. Irrational, obsessive Luongo haters.
3. Irrational, obsessive Gillis haters.
4. Irrational, obsessive AV haters.

I guess this thread is the playpen of group number 1. Group number four will have to find a new hobby.
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

darren wrote:
The_Pauser wrote: When we needed some offense our best players wilted away and allowed themselves to get punched in the face by little shrimps.
This is boring crap, which Henrik addressed a while ago IIRC: "If we fight back, we're 'losing our composure', and if we don't fight back, we're wimps. It's been that way since the day we came into the league and it never changes."
I don't see fighting back against a guy who is standing there punching you in the face as losing composure and anyone who suggests that is a complete idiot. But really, Daniel getting punched by Marchand and doing nothing about it is symbolic of our 2011 SCF. We just stood there and didn't do a damn thing and just gave the Bruins the Cup on our home ice. The Sedins no-showed the ENTIRE series. People who enjoy fellating them will just deflect attention to Luongo and others because they can't stand the fact their wimpy twins could be such poor players in big games.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The_Pauser wrote: I don't see fighting back against a guy who is standing there punching you in the face as losing composure and anyone who suggests that is a complete idiot.
Absolute utter fucking horseshit imp pauster.

The fool on that play was the referee and the league who did nothing. It occurred in a scrum well after the whistle.

The mantra from the management through to the coaches was play between the whistles.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Pauser has a very compelling argument. I doubt there are many 'Nuck fans out there not smarting from that image of Dank getting speedbagged by Marchand. Losing your composure is taking a cheap shot in response to some rough treatment from the opposition. Throwing a few punches to defend yourself is just being a man. This was Daniel's failure, the team's failure (for not sticking up for him) and even AV's failure with his "we'll get them back on the powerplay" approach. I can only imagine what Tortorella would have said to the team if he was coach at the time.
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

Topper wrote:
The_Pauser wrote: I don't see fighting back against a guy who is standing there punching you in the face as losing composure and anyone who suggests that is a complete idiot.
Absolute utter fucking horseshit imp pauster.

The fool on that play was the referee and the league who did nothing. It occurred in a scrum well after the whistle.

The mantra from the management through to the coaches was play between the whistles.
Now you're just coming up with crap to blindly defend them. I was embarrassed to be a Canuck fan when I saw Daniel let himself continue to take punches to the face without responding. Yes the official was a complete idiot on the play too, but for once in his life couldn't Daniel have stood up and been a man and fight back? That's the problem with these guys, they don't fight back. And since they're the leadership group their attitude is reflected with the team. We don't fight back. We go down in games and there's no fight in the tank. We just wilt away like little bitches. Embarrassing!
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

5thhorseman wrote:Pauser has a very compelling argument. I doubt there are many 'Nuck fans out there not smarting from that image of Dank getting speedbagged by Marchand. Losing your composure is taking a cheap shot in response to some rough treatment from the opposition. Throwing a few punches to defend yourself is just being a man. This was Daniel's failure, the team's failure (for not sticking up for him) and even AV's failure with his "we'll get them back on the powerplay" approach. I can only imagine what Tortorella would have said to the team if he was coach at the time.
Exactly. Not only was Daniel's lack of response an outright embarrassment, but no one on the team did anything to respond. Just like in the SJ series when Eager took a run at Sedins all Ehrhoff did was skate up to Eager and yell at him. This team lacks balls.